Joliet is hiring 24 interns and laborers for the summer.
The city will be filling part-time positions in its public works, public utilities and community development departments.
Internships are being offered in the areas of engineering, planning and forestry.
The positions were approved by the City Council on Feb. 4.
• Two engineering interns assisting with data entry in the utilities department and water conservation efforts related to the city's Alternative Water Source Study;
• Four laborers at the utility plants;
• A research intern for the Historic Preservation Commission;
• A planning intern assisting with the city's comprehensive plan;
• 14 laborers in the Roadways Division who also will work at Billie Limacher Bicentennial Park;
• Two forestry interns assigned to the city arborist.