Students in Lincoln-Way District 210 competed in the 2019 Scholastic Art Competition.
The Scholastic Art Show is the most recognized and prestigious high school art exhibition in the nation.
The Scholastic Art and Writing Awards date back to 1923. Noteworthy past winners include Andy Warhol, Sylvia Plath, Truman Capote, Richard Avedon, Robert Redford, and Joyce Carol Oates.
Lincoln-Way students were recognized with 38 awards for their outstanding artwork. Eight of those were given Gold Key Awards, 13 Silver Awards, and 17 honorable mention awards. Gold Key Award winners’ work advance to New York to compete at the national level.
Awarded works were displayed in the regional show in February. The following Lincoln-Way students were recognized with awards (the number of awards each student won are in parenthesis):
• Mia Chidichimo (two) – Central
• Melanie Piunti (two) – Central
• Sarah Ralph (one) – Central
• Emily Lizak (one) – Central
• Brooklyn Chojnacki (one) – East
• Paige Cook (one) – East
• Jessica Selph (one) – East
• Salena Yasin (three) – East
• Nicole Zralka (three) – East
• Kelli Barna (one) – West
• Sarah Brown (one) – West
• Jenna Davis (three) – West
• Savannah Klozik (one) – West
• Danielle Koska (four) – West
• Courtney Kurtz (five) – West
• Alaina Pastoor (two) – West
• Samantha Pecoraro (one) – West
• Olivia Rusch (one) – West
• Jaden VanderBent (one) – West
• Cali Yario (three) – West