The following students were elected to student government:
• Jake Speechley – Lockport
• Amanda Ico – Bolingbrook
• Matt Stevens – New Lenox
Brandon Wills - Mazon - Hasselmo Award for Academic Pursuit, high-ranking Viking Score
The following senior students were recognized at the 11th annual Honors Convocation:
• Sarah Frachey of Bolingbrook – recipient of the Augustana Art and Graphic Design Senior Award
• Bradley Gaskin of New Lenox – member of Sigma Gamma Epsilon National Honor Society for the Earth Sciences
• Danilo Panici of New Lenox – honors in business administration.
• Rebecca Post of New Lenox – recipient of the Williamson Award in Mathematics and member of Omicron Delta Kappa, and Pi Mu Epsilon National Honorary Mathematics Society.
• Amanda Swartz of Manhattan – member of Mortar Board.
• Alicia Win of Frankfort – member of Lambda Pi Eta Speech Honor Society and Mortar Board.
• Zachary Miller of New Lenox – is one of 21 other students filling the labs with Central’s largest-ever number of chemistry researchers.
Coastal Carolina University
• Linsey Strunga of Minooka – elected a representative for the College of Science of the Student Government Association
• Dakota Derr of Plainfield – elected as officer on C-SC’s Student Government Association
Iowa State University – College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
The following student has achieved academic ranking in the top 2 percent of students:
• Bryan John Vilcek – Plainfield
Iowa State University – College of Engineering
The following students have achieved academic ranking in the top 2 percent of students:
• Bradley Austin Bauer – Wilmington
• Jaroslaw Antoni Jozwik – Frankfort
• Daniel Michael Robson – New Lenox
Lake Forest Academy
Eli Kuli of Frankfort – McLaughlin Prize, Bronze Medal for excellence in Spanish
Lakeview College of Nursing
• Allison Coughlin of Mazon – Mazon – new member of Pinnacle Honor Society.
Martin Romo of Romeoville - 2015 Spring Father Aquinas Colgan Award
Joseph Belonger of Lockport – Hicks Prize in Poetry, awarded for the best submitted poem, and the Tichenor Prize in English
• Andrew Kordelewski of Plainfield – was chosen for “Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges”
St. Ambrose University
• Melissa Borst of Homer Glen – Excellence is Psychology Service Award
Southern Illinois University Carbondale’s Recreational Sports and Services
• Callie Horvat of Shorewood – earned Student Employee of the Month
• Savannah Emmrich of Plainfield – Air Force ROTC Award for Academic Excellence. Also, Distinguished Graduate
The University of Findlay
• Stefanie Andrews, of Braidwood – received awared at 2015 Symposium for Scholarship and Creativity.
University of Dayton
• Angela Giaquinto of New Lenox – participating in summer internship in Washington, D.C., as part of the D.C. Flyers program
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
The following students were honored during the All-University Honors Convocation on April 12:
• Megan Abbott – New Lenox
• Sydney Powers – Plainfield
• Courtney Robertson – Plainfield
• Matthew Smith – Frankfort
University of the Cumberlands
• Mathias Brewers of Channahon – Academic All MSC honors