LEMONT – SS. Cyril and Methodius School (SSCM) will host an open house, along with a series of events to celebrate Catholic Schools Week. This year’s theme for National Catholic Schools Week, which runs from Jan. 29 to Feb. 4, is “Catholic Schools: Communities of Faith, Knowledge and Service.”
The week will begin with opening Mass at 10:30 a.m. on Jan. 29. Immediately following mass, members of the church community, along with interested families are invited to an Open House at SS. Cyril and Methodius School, with tours from 11:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
This offers an opportunity for parents exploring Catholic education opportunities for their children ages preschool through eighth grade, a chance to meet staff, as well as receive guided tours.
Light refreshments will be served along with a Scholastic book fair and an extensive display of extracurricular activities the school offers. Registration for the 2017-18 school year will be available.
Throughout the remainder of the week, SSCM students will participate in a number of activities to celebrate Catholic education, including:
• “Celebrating our Community” on Monday, Jan. 30 with a morning prayer service, donations collected for TLC Animal Shelter, faith partner board games, Scholastic book fair, and pack the place pizza night.
• “Celebrating our Faculty and Staff” on Jan. 31 – Teacher/staff luncheon and Scholastic book fair.
• “Celebrating our Academics” on Feb. 1 – Open house for parents to watch classroom academic challenges.
• “Celebrating our Vocations” on Feb. 2 – Career and vocation talks throughout the day and a student sock hop in the evening.
• “Celebrating our Students” on Feb. 3 – Closing Mass, Wheel of Wisdom assembly, pizza lunch, Minute to Win It games and the Me and My Guy Dance.
SS. Cyril and Methodius School has provided the children of Lemont and the surrounding communities with an education of academic excellence since 1884.
For more information, call 630-257-6488 or visit http://school.stcyril.org/.