• “Catholic Central” – New web series by Family Theater Productions in Hollywood offers entertaining and authoritative answers to questions about Catholic thought, spirituality and practice. The first collection of short videos was released Sept. 15 at www.FamilyTheater.org.
• Choir members wanted – For Mokena United Methodist Church. Choir practice is at 7:30 p.m., Mokena UMC, 10901 W. LaPorte Road, Mokena. Attend weekly practices Wednesdays and sing at 10:15 a.m. Sunday worship. Join anytime. Call the church office at 708-479-1110.
• Daybreak Center seeking donations– Daybreak Center currently is in desperate need of: white twin-size bed sheets and blankets, as well as white bath towels and washcloths. Drop items off anytime at Daybreak Center, 611 E Cass St., Joliet. For information, call 815-774-4663.
• Grace United Methodist Church fall schedule – Worship services are at 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Sunday school is at 9 a.m. Classes for ages 4 through high school and nursery for younger children. Adult classes include a discussion group, Bible study, Methodist awareness and a class for adults with special needs. Visitors and new members welcome. For information, call
815-725-7632. For Sunday school forms, email Michelle at email@example.com.
• Joliet Catholic Academy offers Leveraged Financial Aid program – For information, visit www.jca-online.org or attend an open house from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 29 or from 6 to 8 p.m. Nov. 9. Learn about Leveraged Financial Aid via video at www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjvIhXkGDHk&t=9s.
• Musical opportunities at United Methodist Church of New Lenox – Vocal choirs, bell choirs or praise team. Children, teens and adults. Rehearsals are Wednesday or Thursday evenings. Contact Mike Weirman about vocal and bell choirs and Tom Burns about the praise team. Call 815-485-8271.
• Snow removal for seniors – The city of Joliet, working with Redeemed Connection Ministries, will offer a program to assist with residential snow removal for Joliet senior citizens age 65 and older and Joliet residents with disabilities. For information, contact the Rev. Adrian Heath at Rev.Heath1@gmail.com or 815-582-0703.
• 2nd annual Thanksgiving Harvest Dinner Giveaway – Noon to 2 p.m. Nov. 18, St. John Missionary Baptist Church, 104 E. Zarley Blvd., Joliet. Presented by Hope and Divine Purpose Transitional Living Home Inc. RSVP by Nov. 10. Call 779-702-2077.
• “2017 World Community Day” –
Nov. 3. Program is at 10 a.m. Lunch is at noon, Second Baptist Church, 156 Joliet St., Joliet. Theme: “Kindling New Fires for Peace.” $5. Hosted by The Joliet Unit of Church Women United. For information, call 815-436-4974.
• Annual Hunger Walk – 1 p.m. Nov. 12. Sponsored by Immaculate Conception School and the Immaculate Conception religious education office. Begins and ends at the Dr. Connor Gym in Morris. Students may participate. Participants asked to seek sponorships. They may walk all or part of the four miles. Proceeds shared among area food pantries. For information, call 815-942-4111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Annual Thanksgiving Basket Giveaway – 6:30 p.m. Nov. 20, Glory International Harvest Church, 28 E. Fourth Ave., Joliet. Deadline for a basket is Nov. 15. For information, call Sis Suzette at 815-409-3073.
• Celebrate Notre Dame Trailblazers Past and Present – 7 to 9 p.m., Joliet Country Club, 1009 Spencer Road, Joliet. Buffet dinner, cash bar, presentation and discussion. Business casual. $25 for members and $30 for non-members. RSVP by Nov. 3. For registration and information, visit Joliet.undclub.org/2017UNDCelebration.
• Feed My Starving Children Mobile Pack Event – Nov. 3 and Nov. 4, First Presbyterian Church, 805 Western Ave., Joliet. Available shifts: 6 to 8 p.m. Nov. 3; and 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. and 3 to 5 p.m. Nov. 4. To sign up and for information, visit www.firstpresjoliet.org or call 815-727-9259.
• “Playing for Miracles” – Nov. 3, The Carlisle, 435 E. Butterfield Road, Lombard. The event, presented by Hollywood Casino Aurora and Joliet, features open bar, gourmet dining stations, charitable gaming and prizes. $125. Benefits Catholic Charities, Diocese of Joliet. To buy tickets, call
• Harvest Luncheon and Craft Show – Craft show is from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., luncheon is from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., St. Jude’s Franciscan Hall, 241 W. Second Ave., New Lenox. Julienne/taco salad bar and homemade desserts. Raffles. $10. Children younger than 5 get in free. Advance tickets only. Call 815-485-3511.
• Lunch and Learn – noon to 1:30 p.m.; also Nov. 2, Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Torah study. $5. RSVP at 815-741-4600. Visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• Turkey Dinner & Holiday Bazaar – Noon to 1:30 p.m. and 4 to 6:30 p.m., St. Peter Evangelical Lutheran Church, 310 N. Broadway St., Joliet. $11 adults, and $6 children ages 4 to 12. Free for ages 3 and younger. Carry-outs available. To reserve dinner tickets, call 815-722-3567, ext. 301. Holiday Bazaar from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. with free admission.
• Wildside – 6 to 7:30 p.m. (seventh and eighth grade) and 7 to 8:30 p.m. (high school). Also Nov. 2, United Methodist Church of New Lenox, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. Food, fun and fellowship. Grades three to six. For information, call
• “The Center” – 6:30 to 9 p.m.; also Nov. 2, The Hub, 1303 Schoolhouse Road, No. 3, New Lenox. Free food, games, hang time, music and inspirational talk for teens. Oct. 26 speaker: Lary Dean. For information, call 815-474-2569, email email@example.com or visit www.thecenteryouth.org, or facebook.com/cycteennight.
• Family night – 6:45 to 8 p.m.; also Nov. 2, Crystal Lawns Church of the Nazarene, 2424 Caton Farm Road, Joliet. For information, call 815-436-3380.
• Women’s Bible Study – 9:30 a.m., United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. For information, call
• Fish fry – 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 Cass St., Joliet. Fish, chicken and shrimp. Carryout. Call
• Bingo – Doors open at 4 p.m. Cards begin at 6 p.m., St. Mary Nativity School, 702 N. Broadway St., Joliet.
• Friday evening services – 7 p.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. For information, visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• Saturday services – 9 a.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Call 815-741-4600 or visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• Trunk ’n Treat – 1 to 3 p.m., Grace United Methodist Church, 1718 Avalon Ave., Joliet. Hot dogs provided. Treats and games. Public invited.
• Trunk or Treat – 1 to 3 p.m., Westminster Presbyterian Church, 1015 Winthrop Ave., Joliet. For information, call 815.725.6687 or visit www.westpresjoliet.org.
• Halloween Haunted School – 2 to
8 p.m.; also 1 to 4 p.m., Oct. 29, St. Joseph Academy, 310 N. Ottawa St., Joliet. $4 (adults), $3 (children), $12 (family of five) and $12 (family of six). Children under three are free. Concessions. For information, call 815-723-4567.
• Trunk or Treat Fun Fair – 2 to 6 p.m., Family Bible Church, 92 Barney Drive, Joliet. Candy, games, bounce house. Free. All are welcome.
• Confession – 3:30 to 4:15 p.m., St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, 710 W. Marion St., Joliet. For information, call 815-727-4746.
• Trunk or Treat – 3:30 to 5:30 p.m., United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. For information, call
• An Evening of Gospel – 4 p.m., Shiloh Baptist Church, 18101 W. Oak Drive, Lockport. $15 (advance), $20 (door) and $5 (under 12). Special guests: Will Jerry and the New Sounds of Joy. For information, call
815-727-0977 or 815-592-9541.
• Fish fry – 4 to 8 p.m., Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 E. Cass St., Joliet. Carryout. Call 815-723-3827.
• Turkey supper – Seating times are 4, 5, 6 and 7 p.m., Minooka United Methodist Church, 205 W. Church St., Minooka. $14 (adults) and $6 for (ages 4 to 10). Children ages 3 and under are free. For reservations, call 815-467-2322.
• Chef-Prepared Breakfast – After 7:30,
9 and 10:45 a.m. Masses, St. Mary Immaculate Parish, 15629 S. Route 59, Plainfield. Pumpkin or plain pancakes, ham steaks, plain egg bake, egg bake with bacon and onions and country potatoes. Coffee, milk and juice are included. $5. Children under 9 are free. In honor of Priesthood Sunday. For information, contact Rich Blaszak at 815-254-7078 or visit firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Experience Youth Group – Worship is at 8:45 a.m. Discussion is from 10:20 a.m., United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. Meet in narthex. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• Reformation Celebration – Sunday School is at 9 a.m. Combined church service is at 10:30 a.m., Our Savior Lutheran Church, 1910 Black Road, Joliet. German-style lunch follows, crafts and games for children. Showing of the movie “Martin Luther: The Idea that Changed the World.” For information, call 815-725-1606.
• Rosary for the Holy Souls in Purgatory – 9:40 a.m., St. Mary Nativity Church, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet.
• Open House – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Joliet Catholic Academy, Joliet. Tours of the school. Faculty, staff, students available to answer questions. Information on academics, athletics, clubs, organizations and tuition assistance information. Franciscan/Carmelite scholarship application. For information, call 815-741-0500 or email@example.com.
• Sunday School – 10 a.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Call 815-741-4600 or visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• Ladies Aid Fall Luncheon – Noon, St. Nicholas Orthodox Church, 1018 Barber Lane, Joliet. Cabbage roll dinner. $12 (adults) and $6 (children). Bake sale. Bingo, 50/50 raffle.
• Trunk or Treat – Noon to 3 p.m., Channahon United Methodist Church, 24751 W. Eames, Channahon. Decorated cars, light lunch, Halloween craft and trick or treating. Kids encouraged to wear costumes. Free.
For information, call 815-467-5275 or visit www.channahonumc.org.
• Trunk or Treat – Noon to 3 p.m., St. Mary Nativity, 702 N. Broadway St., Joliet. Car cruise, bounce house, face painting, concessions and treats. All welcome to attend.
• 5th annual Trunk or Treat – 1 to 3 p.m., St. Paul the Apostle Catholic School, 130 N. Woodlawn Ave., Joliet. Concessions, games, photo booth, trunk decorating contest. $5 a car/family. $3 child walk up, treats provided. For information, call Jen at 630-881-5409.
• Free Truck-or-Treat Event – 2 to 4 p.m., Crosswinds Church, 14360 Route 59, Plainfield. Candy, activities, non-scary costume contest in four age groups. For more information, call815-230-7624 or visit www.xwindschurch.org.
• Trunk or Treat – 2 to 4 p.m., Minooka United Methodist Church,205 W. Church St., Minooka. Trunks for trick or treating, bouncy, face painting. For information, call 815-467-2322.
• Chapel Bible study – 7 p.m., United Methodist Church of New Lenox, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. New members encouraged. For topic and information, call 815-485-8271.
• Michael Johnston’s Bible Study Group – 7 p.m., United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. For current topic and information, call 815-485-8271.
• Bible study – 9:30 a.m., St. Mary Nativity, Nativity Room, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet. Book of Genesis. For information, call Denise Adelmann at 815-838-0337.
• All Saints Day Mass – 4 p.m.; also 7:30 a.m., Nov. 1, St. Mary Magdalene Catholic Church, 127 S. Briggs St., Joliet. For information, call 815-722-7653.
• Free Pumpkin Patch Party – 5 to 7 p.m., Braceville United Methodist Church, 106 West Goold St., Braceville. Hot dogs, chips, hot chocolate, games. For information, call the church office at 815-237-8512.
• DivorceCare – 6:30 p.m., United Methodist Church in New Lenox. For those going through or struggling with divorce. This is a Bible-based support group that uses both videos and discussion. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• All Saints Day Mass – 4 p.m. (English), Holy Cross, 826 Elizabeth St., Joliet.
• All Saints Day Mass – 7 p.m., St. Mary Nativity Church, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet.
• All Saints Day Mass – 7 p.m.; also Nov. 1: 7:30 a.m., 8:45 a.m. (all-school Mass), noon, 7 p.m. (English) and 7 p.m. (Cana Hall, Spanish), 8:30 p.m. (Polish, Cana) St. Mary Immaculate Parish 15629 S. Route 59, Plainfield.
• All Saints Day Mass – 7:30 a.m. and 6 p.m., St. Bernard Catholic Church, Sterling and High street, Joliet. For information, call 815-726-4474.
• All Saints Day Mass – 8:30 a.m. (English); also 7:p.m., (Polish), Holy Cross, 826 Elizabeth St., Joliet.
• All Saints Day Mass – 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m., St. Mary Nativity Church, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet.
• Confession – 3 to 4 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, 710 W. Marion St., Joliet. For information, call
• AWANA – 6:15 p.m., Parker Road Bible Church, 18512 Parker Road, Mokena. Kids learn Bible verses, sing songs and play games. For information, call
• All Souls Day Mass – 7:30 a.m. (English), 7 p.m. (Cana Hall, English), 7 p.m. (church, Spanish), 8 p.m. (fellowship), St. Mary Immaculate Parish 15629 S. Route 59, Plainfield.
• St. Mary Immaculate CCW meeting – 1 p.m., St. Mary Immaculate, Faith Sharing Room. 15629 S. Rt. 59 Plainfield. Cathy Bouchard, owner of “Le Chocolat du Bouchard” in Naperville, will discuss dark chocolate’s health benefits. Chocolates available for purchase. Bring children’s book for CCW/Prison Ministry Book Shower. For information, call 815-436-2651.
• All Souls Day Mass – 7 p.m. (English), St. Mary Nativity Church, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet; and 7 p.m. (Polish), Holy Cross, 826 Elizabeth St., Joliet.
• Message to Missions – Olivet Nazarene University, Bourbonnais. Speaker: Andrew Scott, innovative missions thought leader. Sponsored by The McGraw School of Business at Olivet and Shine.FM. Free. For more information and to register, contact professor Chris Perez at firstname.lastname@example.org or 815-928-5579.