• Edward Cancer Center’s 14th annual Camp Hope – 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Naper Settlement, 523 S. Webster St., Naperville. Week-long summer camp for children, ages 6 to 12, whose parent or close family member is living with cancer. Registration is required. For more information and to register, call 630-527-6363.
• Active Yoga Class – 10 a.m. to noon, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N Center St., Joliet. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Hines Mobile Medical Unit – 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Heritage Woods of Dwight, 701 E Mazon Ave., Dwight. For more information, call Ken Buck at 815-941-3152.
• Tai Chi Advanced Class – 10 a.m. to noon, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N Center St., Joliet. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Yoga – 10:30 to 11:30 a.m.; also June 5, The Cancer Support Center, 19657 S. LaGrange Road, Mokena. For information, call 708-478-3529 or visit www.CancerSupportCenter.org.
• Family Caregiver Support Group – 11 a.m.; also June 5, Easter Seals, Joliet Region, 212 Barney Drive, Joliet. Contact Kathy Miller at 815-931-9693 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Art therapy – Noon to 1:45 p.m.; also June 5, The Cancer Support Center, 19657 S. LaGrange Road, Mokena. Facilitated by Kathleen Daly, registered art therapist. To register and for information, call 708-478-3529 or visit www.CancerSupportCenter.org.
• Joliet TOPS – Weigh-in is from 5:45 to 6:15 p.m., meeting is at 6:30 p.m.; also June 5, First Presbyterian Church, 805 Western Ave., Joliet. For information, call Linda at 630-877-7943.
• Breast Cancer Myths – 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Silver Cross Hospital Conference Center, 1890 Silver Cross Blvd., New Lenox. Presenter:Dr. Jennifer Tseng, general surgeon. Register at www.silvercross.org.
• Birthing Center tours – 7 p.m., also June 5; and 1:30 p.m. Sunday, Silver Cross Hospital, 1900 Silver Cross Blvd., New Lenox. Call 888-660-4325 or visit www.silvercross.org/our-services/other-services/birthing-center
• Podiatry Care – 8 a.m. to noon, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N Center St., Joliet. Foot and nail assessment services. Appointment needed. Must bring Medicare Card. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis) – 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Will County Community Health Center Care Clinic. Offers a Truvada pill, to be taken once a day to prevent transmission of HIV virus. Designed for those without insurance. No one will be turned away. To make an appointment, call 815-727-8830. For information on Truvada, visit www.drugs.com/pro/truvada.html.
• Breastfeeding Mother’s Support Group at PSJMC – 10:30 a.m. to noon, Presence Saint Joseph Medical Center, Auditorium B, 333 N. Madison St., Joliet. Weekly group. Call the lactation line at 815-725-7133 ext. 3890.
• Sit & Stay Fit Chair Exercises – 10:30 to 11:30 a.m., Crest Hill Library, 20670 Len Kubinski Drive, Crest Hill. For information, call 815-552-4284 or visit www.whiteoaklibrary.org.
• Positive People: 3:30 to 5 p.m., Presence Saint Joseph Medical Center, Cancer Care Center's conference room, 333 N. Madison St., Joliet. For cancer patients and family/caregivers. Free. For more information call, 877-737-INFO (4636).
• Obesity and Your Health: Is Weight Loss Surgery Right for You? – 5:45 p.m. BMI Surgery, Silver Cross Hospital Pavilion A, Suite 260, 1890 Silver Cross Blvd., New Lenox. Drs. Christopher Joyce and Brian Lahmann, gastric bypass surgeons, will offer a free informational session. Register at 888-660-4325 or www.silvercross.org.
• Brain Injury Support Group – 6 p.m., Easter Seals Joliet Region, 212 Barney Drive, Joliet. Contact Kathy Miller at 815-931-9693 or email@example.com.
• Substance Use Disorder Education – 6 p.m., Stepping Stones, 1621 Theodore St., Joliet. Topics include effects of drugs, overdose prevention, disease versus choice, Alanon and co-dependency, effect on families and needs of family members. Reservations not needed. For information, call 815-744-4555, ext. 111.
• Forum on Teen Suicide and Mental Health – 6:30 p.m., Fountaindale Public Library, Bolingbrook. Experts on adolescent mental health will be on hand to answer questions.
• Breathwork Meditation With Jodie Baudek – 7:15 to 8:15 p.m., Essence of Life
401 Earl Road, Unit F, Shorewood. Practicing Breathwork is a simple, yet very effective way to deepen your own personal connection with yourself and understanding of who you are. $25. Bring own yoga mat and blanket. Yoga mats available for $3. For tickets and information, visit www.essenceol.com/workshops.
• T.O.P.S. (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) – 10:15 to 11:55 a.m.,White Oak Library, 20670 Len Kubinski Drive, Crest Hill. For information, call Kathy at 815-210-5742 or Judy at 815-744-2068.
• Cradle Talk – 10 to 11 a.m., Our Saviour’s Lutheran Church, 815 South Washington St., Naperville. Weekly support group for new parents and their babies, ages 0-6 months. Led by an Edward Hospital mother/baby nurse. Guest speakers. Weekly topics. Special events. Bring newborn with you. For information, call 630-527-3957 or visit www.eehealth.org/services/pregnancy-baby/resources/cradle-talk
• Free Harmonica Group – 11 to 11:30 a.m., Diagnostic & Rehabilitative Center, Morris Hospital, 100 W. Gore Road, Morris. For individuals with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, asthma, emphysema, bronchitis and pulmonary fibrosis. For information, call 815-705-7837.
• C3 Martial Arts Classes – 6 to 7 p.m. Thursdays, and 10 a.m. to noon Saturdays, Judson Memorial Church Campus, 2800 Black Road, Joliet, Christ Centered Combat (C3) is a martial arts, self-defense class for those ages 7 and older. First two classes are free. Call
815-342-3538 or visit www.fbcjoliet.org.
• Caregiver Support Group – 6:30 p.m., Timbers of Shorewood, 1100 N. River Road, Shorewood. Free to the public. For information, call 815-609-0669 or visit www.timbersofshorewood.com.
• Breastfeeding Support Group – 10:30 a.m. to noon, Silver Cross Hospital’s Conference Center, Pavilion A, 1890 Silver Cross Blvd., New Lenox. Hosted by certified lactation consultants. Free. Infants welcome. First-time participants register at www.silvercross.org or 888-660-HEAL (4325).
• Optimizing Brain Fitness – 3 p.m., The Timbers of Shorewood, 1100 N. River Road, Shorewood. Total of 12 lectures through June.Facilitated by Linda McCluskey. To register or for more information, call 815-609-0669 or visit www.timbersofshorewood.com.
• WOD-n-Wine – 6 p.m., CrossFit Mettle and Honor, 351 Airport Drive, Joliet. A sample of this summer's boot camp workouts.Bring wine and workout shoes. For more information, visit this event on Facebook.
• Zumba On The Row – 6:30 to 8 p.m., The Promenade Bolingbrook, 631 E Boughton Road, Bolingbrook. Wear comfortable shoes and stretchy clothes. For more information, visit this event on Facebook. Sponsored by the LifeStyles Fitness Center.
• Blood Drive – 7:30 a.m. to noon, St. Ann Catholic Church, 24500 S. Navajo Drive, Channahon. Sponsored by the Channahon & Minooka Knights of Columbus with Heartland Blood Center. Be the Match Bone Marrow Registration will also be available. First time donors and walk-ins welcome. To schedule and appointment and for more information, visit Heartlandbc.org.
• AHA Healthcare Provider BLS CPR – 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., Silver Cross Pavilion A Conference Center, 1890 Silver Cross Blvd, New Lenox. LPNs, RNs, Paramedics, EMTs and CNAs (and students) will learn one and two person infant, child and adult CPR as well as rescue from choking. Participants will receive their American Heart Association certificate at the successful completion of the course. Health care providers only. $65. Register at www.silvercross.org.
• ZERO Prostate Cancer Run/Walk, 8 a.m. June 2, Advanced Urology Associates,1541 Riverboat Center, Joliet. Visit www.zeroprostatecancerrun.org.
• Gluten Free Support Group – 10 a.m. to noon, Edward Plainfield Outpatient Center,
24160 127th St. Plainfield. Monthly meetings for those living with celiac disease and gluten intolerance. Free. For information, visit glutenfreewikaduke.blogspot.com.
• NAMI Connection Support Group – 6 p.m., Presence St. Joseph Medical Center, LDRP Classroom, 222 Madison St., Joliet. For adults living with mental illness. Free. Contact NAMI Will Grundy at 815-731-9103 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• NAMI Family Support Group (Joliet) – 6 p.m., Presence St. Joseph Medical Center, LDRP Classroom, 222 Madison St., Joliet. Free. Facilitated by trained team of family members of individuals living with mental illness. For more information, call 815-731-9103 or email email@example.com.
• Free Fitness classes – 9 to 10 a.m., Joliet Route 66 Stadium, Joliet. Doors open 8:30 a.m. Every Monday through Aug. 12. Presented by ATI Physical Therapy and then Greater Joliet Area YMCA. For more information, call (815) SAY-YMCA or visit www.jolietymca.org.
• Learning My Options: Health & Wellness Checks – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., The Promenade Bolingbrook, 631 E Boughton Road, Bolingbrook. Blood pressure checks and screenings: glucose, hearing, vision. Seniors. For more information, visit this event on Facebook.
• Tai Chi – 2:30 p.m., Timbers of Shorewood retirement community, 1100 N. River Road, Shorewood. Free and open to the public. For information, call 815-609-0669 or visit www.timbersofshorewood.com.
• Teen clinic – 3 to 6 p.m., Will County Community Health Center, 1106 Neal Ave., Joliet. Birth control, health education, and testing pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases and HIV. Ages 12 to 21. Walk-ins welcome. For information, call or text 815-685-2178.
• T.O.P.S. (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) – 5:15 to 6:45 p.m., Romeoville Police Department, 900 Romeo Road, Romeoville. For more information, call Sandie at 815-886-9252.
• Baby Basics – 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Silver Cross Hospital Conference Center, 1890 Silver Cross Blvd., New Lenox. $25 per couple. Register at www.silvercross.org/specialdeliveries or call 1-888-660-HEAL (4325).
• Epilepsy Support Group – 6 to 7 p.m., Morris Hospital, 150 W. High St., Morris. Contact Erika Fleck at 815-414-8655 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.epilepsyheartland.org.
• SHARE Wings of Hope Angel Garden Blessing & Butterfly Release – 6 p.m. at Edward Hospital, 801 S. Washington St. in Naperville, on the south side of the campus, near the emergency/outpatient entrance. For those who have experienced a miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy, stillbirth or neonatal death. Membership in SHARE is not required to attend. For more information, to make a donation in support of the Garden or to purchase a memorial etched brick paver or etched butterfly, visit www.eehealth.org/wings.
• Body Back Free Preview Class – 7:30 to 8:30 p.m., Lockport Chiropractic
360 Summit Dr, Lockport. Fun, challenging, high intensity workouts are offered four nights a week in a small group setting. Coaches are trained in post natal fitness and will support mothers every step of the way. Drop-in classes or prepaid sessions offered all summer long. Request a free class on Facebook or visiting signup.e2ma.net.