Does your church or organization host a food pantry or other event to help the hungry? Send the information and/or photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Boys & Girls Club of Joliet – 2 to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday after school, and
9 a.m. to 4 p.m. any weekday that school is not in session. A United Way of Will County partner agency. Serves youth ages 6 to 18. Membership fee is $30 per year and includes two healthy meals per day. For information, visit www.bgcjoliet.com or call 815-723-3434.
• Food Basket Delivery – Senior Services of Will County, in conjunction with Northern Illinois Food Bank, will start a monthly delivery of food baskets to multigenerational families in which grandchildren are being raised by grandparents. Seniors must be age 60 or older. Children must be younger than 18 unless they are disabled. Call 815-723-9713.
• Free Summer Lunch Program – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday through Friday, June 6 through Aug. 17, First Presbyterian Church, 805 Western Ave., Joliet. Free boxed lunch. Also open gym at 11 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, movies on Tuesdays and crafts/games on Thursdays and Fridays. For information, call 815-727-9259 or visit www.firstpresjoliet.org.
• Summer Meals Program – Sites needed. Can include schools, park districts, community centers, health clinics, hospitals and churches. For information, email email@example.com.
• Northern Illinois Food Bank Mobile Pantry – 4 to 6 p.m., May 29, Gompers Junior High/Isaac Singleton Elementary Campus 1501 Copperfield Avenue, Joliet. For mobile pantry dates, senior or veteran mobile pantry dates, or information about how to sponsor a mobile pantry distribution, call Lakisha Hartzog at 630-443-6910, ext. 151.
• Northern Illinois Food Bank Mobile Pantry – 4 to 6 p.m., May 30, Village Christian Church, 8965 S. Bell Road, Minooka. For information, call Lakisha Hartzog at 630-443-6910, ext. 151. 4 to 6 p.m. Village Christian Church, 8965 S Bell Road, Minooka, IL 60447
• Christ Temple Food Pantry – 4 to 6 p.m. Mondays, 212 Richards St., Joliet. Call first at 815-722-3505.
• Daybreak Center: Shepherd’s Table – 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. For food, call 815-774-4663. To volunteer, email Stephanie Ambrose at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Blessing Bench Food Pantry at First
and Santa Cruz Lutheran Church – 1:30 to
4 p.m., Wednesdays, 55 W. Benton St., Joliet. For information, call 815-722-4800.
• Fellowship Bible – First and third Thursday of each month. The church serves only 50 families. Anyone else must be put on a waiting list. When a family leaves, the next family on the list will be allowed to come. For food or to volunteer, call 815-727-1530.
• Forest Park Community Center – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday and every third Monday, 1017 Woodruff Road, Joliet. Call first at 815-727-7898.
• Glory Tabernacle Food Pantry – 3 to
6 p.m. Wednesdays, 459 N. Ottawa St., Joliet. Clients may visit monthly. Call first at 815-722-1350.
• Lebanon District Laymen Ministry –
9 to 11 a.m. fourth Saturday of the month. For food or to volunteer, call 815-723-9445.
• Lemont United Methodist Church Food Pantry – 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. For information, call 630-257-5210.
• Life Line Food Pantry – 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays. For food or to volunteer, call 815-722-2570.
• Lifespring Community Church –
3:30 to 5:30 p.m. Thursdays, 1000 Hacker Ave., Joliet. Call first at 815-436-7633.
• Lively Hope Church of God – 1 to 3 p.m., third Monday of the month, 308 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Call first at 815-741-2377.
• New Lenox Township Food Pantry – 1100 S. Cedar Road, New Lenox. Call 815-485-6431.
• New Testament Food Pantry – 4 to
6 p.m. Fridays, 515 N. Scott St., Joliet. Call first at 815-774-0662.
• Ridgewood United Community Pantry – 1 to 3 p.m. Wednesdays, Trinity United Methodist Church, 301 Fairbanks Ave., Joliet. Serves residents of ZIP codes 60432 and 60433. For information, call 815-722-2383.
• Sacred Heart: Family Table Soup Kitchen – Noon to 2 p.m. Tuesdays. Anyone can come; no ID is required. For food or to volunteer, call 815-722-0295.
• Salvation Army Joliet Food Pantry – Noon to 3 p.m. Mondays. Visitors may come only once a month. A Will County photo ID is required, as well as a piece of mail verifying the address for every family member age 18 or older. A birth certificate for children younger than 18 or medical card that shows children’s dates of birth is required for the first visit. For food or to volunteer, call 815-726-4834.
• Second Baptist Food Pantry (Blessing Table Ministry) – Noon to 4 p.m. Thursdays. For food or to volunteer, call 815-726-3731.
• Soul Food Pantry – 4:30 to 6 p.m. twice a month, normally first and third Monday. Volunteers: Come a little early to be assigned jobs. Call 815-725-6835.
• Spanish Community Center – 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesdays. For food or to volunteer, call 815-727-3683.
• St. John Lutheran Church Food Pantry – 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. Tuesdays; 9 to 11 a.m. Thursdays and Saturdays. For information, call 815-439-2320 or visit stjohnfood.org.
• St. John the Baptist Food Pantry –
9 to 11:30 a.m. Mondays. Serves residents of 60435 and 60436 ZIP codes. For food and to volunteer, call 815-727-4788.
• St. Patrick’s Food Pantry – 9 to
11:30 a.m. every Monday except holidays. Call 815-727-4746.
• True Tabernacle Christian Church –
11 a.m. to 2 p.m. second Saturday of the month, 1220 Pawnee St., Joliet. Call first at 815-726-3688.
• Warren-Sharpe Community Center –
1 to 4 p.m. Tuesdays and Fridays. Serves Will County residents. Visitors must bring ID or document proving their address is in Will County. People are only allowed to come to the pantry to get food once a month. For food or to volunteer, call 815-722-2727.
Little Free Food Pantries
• Big Brothers Big Sisters of Will and Grundy Counties – 417 Taylor St., Joliet
• Canals & Trails Credit Union – 838 S. State St., Lockport
• D’Arcy Hyundai – 2521 W. Jefferson St., Joliet
• EZ Auto – 313 S. Larkin Ave., Joliet
• Hope United Methodist Church –
2506 Caton Farm Road, Joliet
• Ignite Christian Church – 1189 W. First St., Braidwood
• Lardi Chiropractic – 495 E. First St., Coal City
• Living Water Church of the Nazarene – 118 E. Jefferson St., Morris
• Mazon American Legion Post 352 –
508 Depot St., Mazon
• Phelan Acres Bible Church –
26009 Willow Lane, Wilmington
• Sage Plaza – 110 Macgregor Road, Lockport
• SouthField Church – 24557 W. Eames St., Channahon
• Shorewood-Troy Public Library “Little Free Food Pantry” – Has space for baby/toddler food, nonperishable food items and hygiene items. For information, contact Jennie Mills at 815-725-1715 or email@example.com.
• Will County Health Department –
501 Ella Ave., Joliet