• Fridays on the Green – 10 to 11 a.m.; also June 15, Downtown Frankfort. Entertainment for kids. Visit www.villageoffrankfort.com/calendar.
• Free Touch-A-Truck Day – 10:30 a.m.to 2:30 p.m., Dellwood Park, State Street and Woods Drive. Also face painting, family-friendly activities, concessions. Noise-free, sensory-friendly hour from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. For more information, call 815-838-3621, ext. 0.or visit www.lockportpark.org.
• Coding Camp: Game Design – 11 a.m. to noon, Fountaindale Public Library District, 300 W. Briarcliff Road, Bolingbrook. Tweens. Call 630-759-2102 or visit fountaindale.org.
• Hot Dog Eating Contest – 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. June 8, Grundy County Courthouse Lawn, 111 E. Washington St., Morris. Contest begins at 12:30 p.m. Free admission. Bring own lunch or buy a hot dog. For more information, visit www.grundybank.com.
• Morris Watercolor Guild – 1 to 3 p.m.; also June 15, United Methodist Church, 118 W. Jackson St., Morris. Meets Friday afternoons. Monthly workshops. Occasional field trips. New members welcome. For more information, call Kathy Skoza at 815-685-1046.
• Food Truck Friday — 4:30 to 7 p.m., Hickory Creek Barrens: Grumpy Gaucho, The Fat Shallot and Cupcakes for Courage. For information, visit ReconnectWithNature.org.
• 7th annual New Orleans North festival – 5 to 11 p.m., Downtown Joliet. New Orleans Mardi Gras-style event. Bands, beer tents, Cajun food, hurricane drinks, stilt walker, jugglers and other street performers. Percentage of the proceeds benefits local charities. $7 advance, $10 at door. For information, visit jolietchamber.chambermaster.com.
• K Camp & Lebowsk – 7 p.m., The Forge, 22 W. Cass St., Joliet. Call 815-280-5246 or visit www.theforgelive.com.
• LockRocks Free Concert Series – Dellwood Park, State Street and Woods Drive, Lockport. Night Train will open the show from 7 p.m to 8:30 p.m with Guns N Roses covers. Kashmir will take the stage at 9 p.m. with Led Zeppelin covers. Beer garden and food for purchase. For more information, call 815-838-3621, ext. 0.or visit www.lockportpark.org.
• Settlers’ Park 2018 Movie Series – 8:30 p.m., Settlers Park, downtown Plainfield. "Despicable Me 3." PG. 90 minutes. Bring lawn chairs. Concessions available. Cancelled if inclement weather in forecast. For information, visit www.plainfield-il.org or call the Settlers’ Park Event Hotline at 815-609-6124.
• 3 French Hens Country Market – 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., Canal Port, 123 W. Illinois Ave., Morris. Antiques, artisans, hand-crafted items, fresh produce, baked goods, flowers and more. For information, visit http://3FrenchHensMarket.blogspot.com.
• Bolingbrook Lions Club 17th Annual Beep Baseball Tournament – Games at 8 and 11 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.; also June 10, Bolingbrook Recreation & Aquatic Center (BRAC) athletic fields, 200 Lindsey Lane, Bolingbrook. For the visually impaired and blind. For more information contact Joe Vinyard at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jim Patula at jpatulabolingbrookparks.org.
• Dulcimer and Traditional Music Festival – June 9 and June 10, Goold Park, Morris.
Family-friendly. Seventy-plus workshops,old time music, kids activities, vendors and luthiers. For more information, visit gebharddulcimer.org.
• Children’s Safety Expo – 9 a.m. to noon, Plainfield Central High School, 24120 Fort Beggs Drive. Touch-a-truck area, Air Methods LIFESTAR medicalhelicopter from 9:30 until 10:30. K-9 demonstration by Shorewood Police Department, a traveling reptile show, martial arts demonstration, free haircuts and refreshments. Free and open to the public. For information, call 815-254-0000 or visit www.repbatinick.com.
• Summer Kick off Bash – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Eaton Preserve, 23601 W. 135th St. in Plainfield. Scout Flea Market and Vintage Fair, strolling musicians, a kid’s entertainment area, kite demonstrations, food trucks. $3 admission, Ages 12 and under are free. Free demonstrations will be held by Chicago Kite throughout the day. For information, call 815- 436-8812, visit www.plfdparks.org.
• Island Rendezvous – 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Isle a la Cache Museum, 501 E. Romeo Road, Romeoville. Experience life in the 18th century and learn more about fur trade along the Des Plaines River. Free parking and shuttle service provided. For information, call 815-886-1467 or visit ReconnectWithNature.org.
• Summer Reading Program Kickoff – Noon to 2 p.m.,Three Rivers Public Library District, 25207 W Channon Drive, Channahon. Special guest, Dave Rudolph. Dave’s wild and wacky interactive program is full of music, crazy creatures and fun adventures. After the show, enjoy food, face painting, balloon animals, bouncy house and crafts. Registration not required. For more information, call 815-467-6200 or visit www.trpld.org.
• From Prairie to Farm to City: Music to Commemorate Illinois's – 1 to 2 p.m.,
Crest Hill Branch Library, 20670 Len Kubinski Drive, Crest Hill. For information, call 815-552-4280.
• Movie Night in th Park – 8:30 to 11 p.m., Campbell Park, Coal City. Free movie. Free popcorn. concessions. Bring own lawn chair and blanket. "Wonder" is about a 1-year-old boy with a facial deformity who attends school for the first time. For more information, call 815-634-8608 or visit coalcity-il.gov/community-events.
• Cars and Track Show – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Autobahn Country Club, 3795 Centerpoint ,Way, Joliet. Show off your car, (muscle, sports, exotic, street, stock or modified). watch member racing, drive your car in a touring session on the member track. Food available for purchase. For more information, visit [ http://www.autobahncc.com/ ]www.autobahncc.com.
• “Zombie Apocalypse Survival for Teens,” registration deadline – Event is 1 to 3 p.m., June 19, Forest Preserve District of Will County’s Isle a la Cache Museum, Romeoville. Hands-on activities include primitive fire-starting, safe water collection, shelter building, emergency signaling, using primitive tools. Free. Ages 13 to 17. Register at ReconnectWithNature.org or by calling 815-886-1467.
• unLOCK Artist John McDavitt at White Oak Library for Community Paint Days – 1 to 3 p.m.; also 6 to 8 Tuesdays, and 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursdays. Through June. Hosted by White Oak Library District in Lockport. Register at 815-552-4265.
• Wendy’s Cruisers – 5 to 9 p.m., Wendy’s, Morris. Weather permitting. Antique vehicles. For information, contact Ken at 815-942-2032 or email@example.com.
• Manhattan’s Rural Roots – 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., Manhattan Township Historical Museum, 255 S. State St. Manhattan. Photos, artifacts, informational write-ups. Also featured will be 130 years of Manhattan Village history, local business memorabilia and historic photos of the town. For more information, email ManhattanHistorical@yahoo.com.
• Cruisin’ Into Lockport – 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Central Square, Ninth Street and Hamilton, Lockport. Band: Whiskey Fist (country). Cars: Lincoln/Mercury. For more information, call 815-838-3621, ext. 0.or visit www.lockportpark.org.
• LEGO Junior Engineering Camp – Event is 1 to 3:30 p.m., June 26 to June 28, Program Center, 10925 La Porte Road, Mokena. Ages 5 to 10. Register at 708-390-2343 or visit www.mokenapark.com.
• Soccer Camp registration deadline – Event is June 18 to June 22, Willowview Park Soccer Fields, 11420 W. 197th St., Mokena. Ages 6 to 11. Register at 708-390-2343 or visit www.mokenapark.com.
• Frank Kalisik, Joliet in the Civil War – 11 a.m., Joliet Area Historical Museum, 204 N. Ottawa St., Joliet. Half price admission, Light refreshments. For more information, call Jessamyn at 815-723-5201 ext.226 or visit www.jolietmuseum.org.
• Family Storytime – 7 to 8 p.m., Fountaindale Public Library District, 300 W. Briarcliff Road, Bolingbrook. Call 630-759-2102 or visit fountaindale.org.
• Movies on the Green – 8 to 10:30 p.m., Downtown Frankfort. Enjoy an outdoor movie on a large screen. Free popcorn. No pets allowed. Co-Sponsored by the Frankfort Park District and Frankfort Chamber of Commerce. For movie listings, visit www.villageoffrankfort.com/calendar.
• Drawing & More Registration Deadline – Event is 4:30 to 5:30 p.m., Wednesdays, June 27 to Aug. 28, Program Center, 10925 W. La Porte Road, Mokena. Grades one to six. Register at 708-390-2401 or www.mokenapark.com.
• First Time Fishing registration deadline – Event is 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Forest Preserve District of Will County’s Monee Reservoir. Learn how to put together a pole, tie a knot, bait a hook and cast, fish along the shorewall. Ages 7 and up. $3. To register and for information, visit ReconnectWithNature.org or by call 708-534-8499.
• Writers Workshop – 1:30 to 3 p.m., Fountaindale Public Library District, 300 W. Briarcliff Road, Bolingbrook. Grades three to six. Call 630-759-2102 or visit fountaindale.org.
• Genealogy Club – 7 to 8:30 p.m., Fountaindale Public Library District, 300 W. Briarcliff Road, Bolingbrook. Drop-in. Adults. Call 630-759-2102 or visit fountaindale.org.
• LEGOS Gone Wild registration deadline – Event is 1 to 3 p.m. June 15, Hickory Creek Preserve – Hickory Creek Junction Shelter, Mokena. For information and registration, visit ReconnectWithNature.org or by calling 708-946-2216.
• Cruisin’ Frankfort – 5 to 8 p.m., Kansas & Oak Streets, downtown Frankfort. Classic cars. Visit www.frankfortcarclub.org.
• Concert on the Rooftop – Doors open 6:45 pm, shows start 7:30 p.m. Joliet Area Historical Museum, 204 N. Ottawa St., Joliet. Featuring the rock band Generation. For tickets and information, visit www.jolietmuseum.org or call 815-723-5201.
• Skyhawks Multi-Sport Camp registration deadline – June 18 to June 22, The Oaks Recreation & Fitness Center, 10847 La Porte Road, Mokena. Ages 6 to 12. To register and for more information, call 708-390-2401 or visit www.mokenapark.com.
• Take Me Fishing – 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.; also June 16 and June 17, Monee Reservoir. Enjoy a weekend designated for free fishing by the Illinois Department of Natural Resources; no license is required. Friday, a free one-hour kayak or canoe rental; Saturday, a box of night crawlers; and Sunday, one free fishing pole rental. Registration not required. For more information, visit ReconnectWithNature.org.
• 'Round the World Tales - Presented by JJC Children's Theater Tour – 2:30 to 3:30 p.m., Three Rivers Public Library District, 109, Wabena Ave., Minooka. All ages. For more information, call 815-467-1600 or visit www.trpld.org.
• Food Truck Friday — 4:30 to 7 p.m., Whalon Lake, Naperville. Ofrenda Food Truck, Brother George's BBQ, Lucy's and Nothing Bundt Cakes.F or information, visit ReconnectWithNature.org.
• Three Southside Music Legends – 7 p.m., CD & ME, 23320 S. LaGrange Road, Frankfort. M&Rush, Five Guys Named Moe and The Dancing Noodles. Each band plays 75 minutes. General admission and VIP available. For tickets, visit cdandme.co. For information, call 815-469-7315.
• Tween & Teen Laser Tag-Star Wars Edition! – 7:30 to 8:15 p.m., Three Rivers Public Library District, 25207 W Channon Drive, Channahon. Grades five through 12. For more information, call 815-467-6200 or visit www.trpld.org.
• Comedy and Magic — 8 to 11 p.m., River Hawk Brewing, 4735 W Eames St., Channahon. Doors open 7:30 p.m. $25. For information, visit www.riverhawkbrewing.com.