• Pray with the Franciscan Friars – 8 a.m. (morning prayer) and 6:30 p.m. (evening prayer) Monday through Friday, St. John the Baptist friary, Joliet. For information, call Brother Ed at 217-316-4335.
• Lunch and Learn – Noon to 1:30 p.m.; also Aug. 30, Joliet Jewish Congregation,
250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Torah study. $5. RSVP at 815-741-4600. Visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• Midweek Connections with Pastor Randy – 1:30 to 2 p.m.; also Aug. 30, Families of Faith, 24466 W. Eames St., Channahon. Good, old-fashioned Bible preaching, music from a hymnal and fellowship and snacks after service. For information, call
815-467-6846 or visit fofmin.org.
• C3 Martial Arts Classes – 6 to 7 p.m. Thursdays and 10 a.m. to noon Saturdays, Judson Memorial Church campus, 2800 Black Road, Joliet. Christ Centered Combat (C3) is a martial arts, self-defense class for those ages 7 and older. First two classes are free. Call 815-342-3538 or visit www.fbcjoliet.org.
• Wildside – 6 to 7:30 p.m. (seventh and eighth grade) and 7 to 8:30 p.m. (high school); also Aug. 30, United Methodist Church of New Lenox, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. Food, fun and fellowship. Grades 3 to 6. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• “The Center – 6:30 to 9 p.m.; also Aug. 30, First Presbyterian Church, 805 Western Ave., Joliet. Free food, games and hang time. Speaker: Joel Munyon. Topic: "Where the Wild Things Are" (Aug. 16). For information, call 815-474-2569, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.thecenterjoliet.org or Facebook.com/thecenterjoliet.
• Thursday Church – 6:30 p.m.; also Aug. 30, The Village Christian Church, 8965 S. Bell Road, Minooka. For information, visit www.thevillagechristianchurch.com.
• Family night – 6:45 to 8 p.m.; also Aug. 30, Crystal Lawns Church of the Nazarene, 2424 Caton Farm Road, Joliet. For information, call 815-436-3380.
• Bad Girls of the Bible – Noon or 7 p.m., Plainfield Congregational Church United Church of Christ, 24020 W Fraser Road, Plainfield. Attend one sessions or all six sessions. For more information, call 815-436-9441.
• Women’s Bible Study – 9:30 a.m., United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• Fish fry – 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 Cass St., Joliet. Fish, chicken and shrimp. Carryout. Call 815-723-3827.
• Bingo – Doors open at 4 p.m. Cards begin at 6 p.m., St. Mary Nativity School,
702 N. Broadway St., Joliet.
• Saturday services – 9 a.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Call 815-741-4600 or visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• Joshua1:9 Mission “Sweet Tea with Jesus” – 2 p.m., First United Methodist Church, 118 W. Jackson Street, Morris. Featuring author, speaker, comedian and cancer survivor Tracy DeGraaf, light hors d’oeuvres, purse auction, and opportunity for photos in front of an antique backdrop. $20 (advance) and $25 (limited, at door). For tickets and information, visit www.joshua19mission.org/tea-party.
• Confession – 3:30 to 4:15 p.m., St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, 710 W. Marion St., Joliet. For information, call 815-727-4746.
• Ecumenical Picnic – 11 a.m., future sight of the Minooka United Methodist Church, Ridge Road and Misty Creek Drive, Minooka. Hot dogs and beverages provided, bring a dish to share. Sponsoring churches are: Minooka UMC, Channahon United Methodist Church, Resurrection Lutheran and Plattville Lutheran. For more information, call Channahon UMC 815-467-5275.
• Chapel Bible study – 7 p.m., United Methodist Church of New Lenox, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. New members encouraged. For topic and information, call 815-485-8271.
• Bible study – 9:30 a.m., St. Mary Nativity, Nativity Room, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet. Book of Genesis. For information, call Denise Adelmann at 815-838-0337.
• Silver Rose Program – 6 p.m. (English) and 7:30 p.m. (Spanish), St. Patrick Catholic Church, 710 W. Marion St., Joliet. A silver rose on a nine-month pilgrimage will be the centerpiece of a special prayer service to honor Our Lady of Guadalupe and express international unity and dedication to the sanctity of human life. The program is sponsored by the Knights of Columbus Reverend Gordon Michels No. 12014. For more information, call Jerry Bene at 815-927-0056.
• "Living the Gospel" – 7 p.m., Joliet Franciscan Center, 1433 Essington Road, Joliet. Hour of prayer and reflection. Light refreshments after the prayer. Free. Everyone welcome. For more information, visit www.jolietfranciscans.org.
• Ten Signs of Alzheimer’s – 1 to 2:30 p.m., Channahon United Methodist Church, 24751 W. Eames St., Channahon. A speaker from the Illinois Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association will separate myth from reality and address common fears about Alzheimer’s. To register and for more information, call 815-467-5275.
• Confession – 3 to 4 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, 710 W. Marion St., Joliet. For information, call 815-727-4746.
• AWANA – 6:15 p.m., Parker Road Bible Church, 18512 Parker Road, Mokena. Kids learn Bible verses, sing songs and play games. For information, call 708-463-1125.
• Choir Rehearsals begin – 7:15 p.m., Grace United Methodist Church, 1718 Avalon Ave., Joliet. Potluck at 6 p.m. Nicholas Davis is choir director. New choir voices welcome.