• "Doni Doni," by Gretchen Beck – On exhibit through Sept. 21, Lewis University, Brent and Jean Wadsworth Family Gallery Romeoville. Reception and gallery talk 7 p.m. Sept. 20. Her art involves an exploration of the Nigerien landscape, the Djarma and Fulani cultures and the art forms they create. For information, contact Natalie Swain at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Painter's Group – 8 a.m. to noon, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N Center St., Joliet. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or 815-723-9713.
• Line Dancing: Advanced – 10 to 11:30 a.m.; also Sept. 14, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N Center St., Joliet. Experienced dancer session. No partner required. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Morris Watercolor Guild – 1 to 3 p.m.; also Sept. 21, United Methodist Church, 118 W. Jackson St., Morris. Meets Friday afternoons. Monthly workshops. Occasional field trips. New members welcome. For more information, call Kathy Skoza at 815-685-1046.
• Art Attack – 4:30 to 5:30 p.m., New Lenox Public Library, 120 Veterans Parkway, New Lenox. Make a collaborative art project in the library for everyone to see. Grades four to eight. Registration required. Call 815-485-2605 or visit www.newlenoxlibrary.org.
• Teens After Hours: Fandom Trivia Night – 5 to 7 p.m., White Oak Library District, 20670 Len Kubinski Drive, Crest Hill. Bring a team of one to four people to answer questions on Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Marvel movies, Hamilton and Star Wars. For more information, contact Maisie Iven at 815- 552-4260 or email@example.com.
• Karaoke – 7:30 p.m.; also, Sept. 21, New Lenox American Legion 14414 W. Ford Drive, New Lenox.
• Joliet Rocket – Series of first-class, vintage passenger train excursions between Joliet and Chicago with 1940s steam locomotive No. 765. Features include food and vintage cocktail service, live entertainment, reenactors, photo opportunities and contests, an improved VIP layover reception. Tickets available at fortwaynerailroad.org. For updates, visit bit.ly/2FgtbIM.
• 40th annual Old Campground Antiques, Collectibles, Flea Market and Craft Show – 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., United Methodist Church wooded grounds, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. For information, call 815-485-8271 or visit umcnl.com.
• Craft & Vendor Show – 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Coal City United Methodist Church, 6805 E. McArdle Road, Coal City. $1 admission. Proceeds benefit church building fund. Breakfast and lunch available for purchase.
• Geology Auto Tour – 9 a.m. to noon, USDA Forest Service’s Midewin National Tallgrass Prairie, Wilmington. To reserve a spot in the tour, email Midewin_RSVP@fs.fed.us or call 815-423-6370.
• Fall Color Hike – 10 a.m. to noon, Midewin National Tallgrass Prairie, Wilmington. May see Riddell’s goldenrod, lavender-leafed New England aster, bobolinks or an upland sandpiper. RSVP by emailing Midewin_RSVP@fs.fed.us. For information, visit www.fs.usda.gov/midewin.
• Fall Field Day – 10:15 to 11 a.m., Joliet Public Library, 3395 Black Road, Joliet. Toddlers and preschoolers ages 2 to 6. No registration is required. Call 815-846-6500 or visit jolietlibrary.libcal.com.
• Family Fun with Legos – 11 a.m., White Oak Public Library District, 121 E. 8th. St., Lockport. Drop-in. Contact Cathy Weltsch at 815-552-4265 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.whiteoaklibrary.org.
• The Flatland Saints SC 2nd Annual Pig Roast and Cornhole (Bags) Tournament – 11 a.m., Croatian Cultural Club, 1503 Clement Street, Joliet. Cornhole Tourney begins at noon. $10 admission includes food. $10 for bags tourney. Cash bar. Portion of proceeds donated to NAMI Will-Grundy. NAMI will conduct raffles, a 50/50 split the pot, silent auction.
• Kevin Farris & The Infinite Possibilities – Noon to 1 p.m., Minooka Village Hall, 121 E McEvilly Road, Minooka. Positive messages and family-friendly songs. Registration required at www.trpld.org/event/1059833.
• Let's Play – Noon to 5 p.m., Joliet Public Library, 150 N. Ottawa St., Joliet. Play video games with other kids. Snack provided. All ages welcome and may use virtual reality with parent present. Free. Snack provided. For information, call 815-740-2660 or visit jolietlibrary.libcal.com.
• The Legends of Sun Records – 1 to 2 p.m., Mokena Public Library, 11327 195th St., Mokena Performance of the music created by Elvis, Johnny Cash, Roy Orbison, Jerry Lee Lewis, and Carl Perkins during their time at the iconic Sun Records label. Presenter: Musician/historian Randy Walker. To register and for information, call 708-479-9663 or visit www.mokenalibrary.org.
• Oktoberfest 2 to 10 p.m., Billie Limacher Bicentennial Park, 201 W Jefferson St., Joliet. Ethnic food and drink, games and contests, wiener dog contest (with real dogs) and live music by Ray Koncar, Tommy Slab’s one-man-band plays and Cadillac Groove. For more information, visit www.bicentenialpark.org or call 815-724-3761.
• 2nd Annual “A Tour of Tuscany” – 4 to 7 p.m., Franciscan Village located at 1270 Village Drive in Lemont. Tickets are $50 per person or four tickets for the price of three. 21 and up. To purchase tickets or for more information, contact Michele Tomich at 630-243-3401 or email: email@example.com.
• Cruise Night – 5 to 10 p.m., Heritage Bluffs Public Golf Club, 24355 W Bluff Road, Channahon. Maximum 100 cars. Grille Room open for food, beverages. Raffles, DJ, prizes. For information, visit www.channahonpark.org.
• Oktober Fest – 6 to 11:30 p.m., Sept. 15, Dollinger Family Farm, 7520 E. Hansel Road, Channahon. Benefits local programs. For information, visit channahon-minookarotary.org.
• Nick DiNardo Band – 9 p.m., Goose Lake Bar, 3935 Goose Lake Road, Morris. A mix of contemporary, pop, classics and originals. For information, call 815-942-4879
• Fall Mum Sale – 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Lockport American Legion Auxiliary John Olson Unit 18, 151st and Archer Avenue, Lockport. $10. Proceeds help local veterans.
• “Pop-up Naturalist” program – Noon to 2 p.m., Forest Preserve District of Will County’s Riverview Farmstead Preserve. A naturalist will be at the site to offer hands-on activities and programs for young children. Registration not required. Free. All ages. For information, visit ReconnectWithNature.org.
• C.W. Avery Family YMCA Community Open House – 1 to 4 p.m., 15120 Wallin Drive, Plainfield. Program information, wellness screenings. For more information, visit www.jolietymca.org or contact Lisa Behounek at 815267-8600, ext. 206 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• R & B Line Dancing – 2 to 3:30 p.m., Fountaindale Public Library, 300 Briarcliff Road, Bolingbrook. For more information, call 630-759-2102 or visit fountaindale.org.
• Warpath – 2 to 6 p.m., Horns & Halos Saloon at The Big Basin Marina, 24045 W. Front St., Channahon. Notable songs notable songs from the late 70s to early 90s classic heavy metal. For more information, visit www.facebook.com/WarpathRocks.
• Art Classes at Dottie's Art Studio – Classes begin as scheduled at15116 Des Plaines St., Plainfield. For more information, visit dottiesartstudio.com.
• Woodworking Club – 9 to noon., also 1 to 3 p.m. Aug. 23, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• 3rd Annual Festival of Culture – 5 to 7 p.m., Jacob Henry Mansion Victorian Ballroom, 15 S. Richards St., Joliet. $25 (advance) and $30 (at door). To purchase tickets, contact Zonta member Peggy Field at 815-727-2083 or email@example.com
• Golden Agers – Noon to 4 p.m., Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. Play cards and dice. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Crochet/Knitting Group – 1 to 4 p.m., Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N Center St., Joliet. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• 3rd Annual Townships of Illinois Day – 4:30 to 7 p.m., Plainfield Township. Touch-a-Truck, bouncy house, face painting, classic car show, free food, performances by Vaughn Dance Studio, senior Bingo, police department K-9 dog show. Free. For more information, call 815-436-8308 or visit www.plainfield-township.com.
• Line Dancing: Beginning – 9 to 11 a.m,; also 10:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. (beginners-plus), Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N Center St., Joliet. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Plein Aie Landscapes – 7 p.m., Homer Township Public Library, 14320 W 151st St, Homer Glen. Presenter: Tom Henrichsen. Topic: Use of a secondary limited palette when painting outdoors. Hosted by the Lemont Art Guild. Call Liz Popp Connelly at 815-341-1145 or visit www.lemontartistsguild.org or tomhenrichsen.com.
• Big Band Dance – 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., The Timbers of Shorewood, 1100 N. River Road, Shorewood. Featuring the Del Bergeson Orchestra. Free and open to the public. Visit www.timbersofshorewood.com or call 815-609-0669.
• I AM KING: The Michael Jackson Experience – 7:30 p.m., Rialto Square Theatre, 102 N. Chicago St., Joliet. For tickets and information, visit rialtosquare.com.
• Southwest Area Music Teachers Association meeting – 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., member Sarah Maranto's Mokena home. Speaker: Michelle Freeland, orchestra director at Lincoln-Way East High School and Lincoln-Way Youth Strings. Topic: "Inspire! Feel! Create!
Leading Your Studio to Motivate All Students." All music teachers welcome. Call Maranto at 708-710-3815.
• American Girl Club – 4:30 to 5:30 p.m., Three Rivers Public Library District, 25207 W Channon Drive, Channahon. Ages 8 and up. Registration required. Call 815-467-6200 or visit www.trpld.org.
• Race Your Ride presented by O'Reilly Auto Parts – 4 to 9 p.m., Route 66 Raceway, 500 Speedway Blvd., Joliet. Call 855-794-RACE (7223).
• Family Laser Tag – 6:30 to 7:15 p.m., Three Rivers Public Library District, 25207 W Channon Drive, Channahon. Ages 5 and up. Call 815-467-6200 or visit www.trpld.org.
• Laser Tag – 7:30 to 8:15 p.m., Three Rivers Public Library District, 25207 W Channon Drive, Channahon. Registration required. Grades five through 12. Call 815-467-6200 or visit www.trpld.org.
• Tree and Fish Sale – Order forms available at will-scookswcd.org. U.S. Mail, email and fax copies requested by calling 815-462-3106 ext. 3. Grass carp must be ordered by Sept. 21. All other orders must be received by Oct. 1. Orders are pre-paid only.
• “Fall Color Paddle (Intermediate) registration deadline – Event is 10 a.m to noon and 1 to 3 p.m., Sept. 29, Forest Preserve District of Will County’s McKinley Woods – Kerry Sheridan Grove, Channahon. Basic kayaking experience is required. 12 and up. $20. Register at ReconnectWithNature.org or call 815-722-9470.