• Coat Drive – Through Nov. 16, Mary Nativity School, 702 N. Broadway, Joliet. Gently used. Giveaway is Nov 16. For information, call 815-722-8518.
• Pray with the Franciscan Friars – 8 a.m. (morning prayer) and 5:30 p.m. (evening prayer) Monday through Friday, St. John the Baptist friary, Joliet. For information, call Brother Ed at 217-316-4335.
• Thursday Morning Scripture Reflection at St. Francis Woods – 9 to 10:30 a.m.; also Nov. 15, Franciscan Sisters of the Sacred Heart, 9201 W. St. Francis Road, Frankfort. Every Thursday – except Christmas and New Year's day – to Mother's Day. Registration not required.
• Lunch and Learn – Noon to 1:30 p.m.; also Nov. 15, Joliet Jewish Congregation,
250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Torah study. $5. RSVP at 815-741-4600. Visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• Midweek Connections with Pastor Randy – 1:30 to 2 p.m.; also Nov. 15, Families of Faith, 24466 W. Eames St., Channahon. Good, old-fashioned Bible preaching, music from a hymnal and fellowship and snacks after service. For information, call
815-467-6846 or visit fofmin.org.
• C3 Martial Arts Classes – 6 to 7 p.m. Thursdays and 10 a.m. to noon Saturdays, Judson Memorial Church campus, 2800 Black Road, Joliet. Christ Centered Combat (C3) is a martial arts, self-defense class for those ages 7 and older. First two classes are free. Call 815-342-3538 or visit www.fbcjoliet.org.
• Wildside – 6 to 7:30 p.m. (seventh and eighth grade) and 7 to 8:30 p.m. (high school); also Nov. 15, United Methodist Church of New Lenox, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. Food, fun and fellowship. Grades 3 to 6. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• Alpha – 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Community Christian Church Plainfield, 24035 Riverwalk Court, Plainfield. Each Thursday through Nov. 15. Discussion regarding some of the basic teachings of the Christian faith in a warm, friendly, non-judgmental, and informal atmosphere. Any question or comment is welcome. Each Thursday evening involves a meal, a teaching session, and discussion on the topic. Visit https://communitychristian.org/plainfield/alpha-course-plainfield/
• “The Center – 6:30 to 9 p.m.; also Nov. 15, First Presbyterian Church, 805 Western Ave., Joliet. Free food, games and hang time. For information, call 815-474-2569, email email@example.com or visit www.thecenterjoliet.org or Facebook.com/thecenterjoliet.
• Thursday Church – 6:30 p.m.; also Nov. 15, The Village Christian Church, 8965 S. Bell Road, Minooka. For information, visit www.thevillagechristianchurch.com.
• Family night – 6:45 to 8 p.m.; also Nov. 15, Crystal Lawns Church of the Nazarene, 2424 Caton Farm Road, Joliet. For information, call 815-436-3380.
• Coat Giveaway deadline – Drop off gently used winter coats between 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Grace United Methodist Church, 1718 Avalon, Joliet. Giveaway is 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 10.
• Women’s Bible Study – 9:30 a.m., United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• Fish fry – 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 Cass St., Joliet. Fish, chicken and shrimp. Carryout. Call 815-723-3827.
• Bingo – Doors open at 4 p.m. Cards begin at 6 p.m., St. Mary Nativity School,
702 N. Broadway St., Joliet. Must be 18 to play.
• Friday evening services – 7 p.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Includes prayer and meditation in remembrance of the Pittsburgh Tree of Life Congregation shooting. For information, call 815-741-4600 or visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com
• Handmade Holiday Market – 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Hosted by St Mary Immaculate Home & School Association, 15629 S. Rt. 59, Plainfield. $1 admission. 80 crafters, artists. Vendor deadline: Oct. 12. Email Abbey LeRoy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Hope's Holiday Bazaar – 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Hope Lutheran Church, 305 E. Black Road, Shorewood. Approximately 30 crafters and vendors. Deadline to submit application is Nov. 4. $25, 8-foot table space. Call Kari Rieuf at 815-741-2428.
• “Shoebox" Packing Party – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Christian Youth Center, 508 W. Illinois Ave., Morris. Help pack 2,000 shoebox gifts for Operation Christmas Child. Registration not required. For more information, email email@example.com or call 815-325-9926.
• St. Anne/St. Ambrose Religious Education – 9 to 10:30 a.m., St. Ambrose Church, 1711 Burry Circle, Crest Hill. For more information, email Sister Mary Francis at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions/concerns.
• St. Mary Magdalene Religious Education – St. Mary Magdalene Catholic Church, 127 S. Briggs St., Joliet. For more information, call the religious education office at 815-727-4600 or the rectory office 815-722-7653.
• Saturday services – 9 a.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Call 815-741-4600 or visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• Fall Festival & Beef Dinner – 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., Immanuel Evangelical. Lutheran Church of Mokena, Heritage Hall, 10731 W. LaPorte Road, Mokena. Free admission to craft show. Needle crafts, gift items, pet corner, baked goods and holiday decorations. Beef dinner will be served from 4 to 6:30 p.m. $12 (adults) and $4 (ages 6 to 12); free for ages 5 and under. Carryouts. Call the church at 708-479-5600.
• Vendor Fair – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Christian Life Church, 15609 W 159th St., Homer Glen.30 local vendors, photos with Santa, free face painting and crafts for the children. For information, call Josh Turney 630-687-0814 or email Crystal Turney at email@example.com.
• Christmas Market – Noon to 4 p.m., The United Methodist Women of the Lockport Methodist Church, 10th and Washington Streets, Lockport. Raffles, bake sale, vendors. Call 815 838-1017.
• Confession – 3:15 to 3:45 p.m. Holy Cross Church, 830 Elizabeth St. Joliet. For more information, call 815-726-4031.
• Sacrament of Reconciliation – 3:15 to 3:45 p.m. St. Mary Nativity Church, 706 N. Broadway, Joliet. For more information, call 815-726-4031
• Confession – 3:30 to 4:15 p.m., St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, 710 W. Marion St., Joliet. For information, call 815-727-4746.
• Fish Fry – 4 to 8 p.m., Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 E. Cass St., Joliet. Carryout. Call 815-723-3827.
• Ham and Bean Soup Dinner – 4:30 to 6:30 p.m., New Hope Presbyterian Church of Coal City, 80 North Garfield St. Coal City. Soup, corn bread, cabbage slaw, Jello, homemade desserts. $8 (adults) $5 (ages 5 to 12). Age 4 and under free. Veterans receive $1 off ticket price. Raffles. Dine-in or carryout. For information, call Freda Davis at 815-458-6504 or 815-325-0819.
• Saint Mary Nativity and Holy Cross Faith Formation Program – 9 to 10:15 a.m. For more information contact Nanci at 815-726-4073 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Hebrew Classes for Adults – Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Call 815-741-4600 or visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• Sunday School – Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Call 815-741-4600 or visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA) – 9 a.m.; Sundays through May, St. Mary Nativity, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet. High school students and adults. To register and for more information, call 815- 726-4031.
• Veterans Service – 9 and 10:45 a.m., United Methodist Church of New Lenox, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. Service will recognize all veterans and those currently serving. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• Confession (Polish) – 10 to 10:20 a.m., Holy Cross Church, 830 Elizabeth St. Joliet.
For more information, call 815-726-4031.
• Fall Festival – Noon to 2 p.m., St. Nicholas Orthodox Church, 1000 Barber Lane, Joliet. Cabbage rolls, green beans, gnocchi and pumpkin pie for adults. $15. Cabbage roll or meatballs, green beans and gnocchi. Age 10 and under. $5.
• Veterans Day Dedication – 1 p.m., St. Joseph Cemetery Grotto, 1500 N. Raynor Ave., Joliet. On the 100th anniversary of the end of World War I, a monument will be dedicated to parishioners who served in the war and the six who died. In case of bad weather, event will be in the cemetery chapel.
• Learn about the Methodist faith – Four classes starting 1:30 to 3 p.m. Oct. 28, United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave. New Lenox. For information, contact Pastor Wesley at 815-485-8271 or email@example.com.
• The Betty Mahone annual Black College Fair – 2 to 4 p.m., Brown Chapel AME Church, 1502 E. Mills Road, Joliet. College representatives and/or alumni from more than 20 historically black colleges invited. Scholarships. Health fair. For information, call 815-726-1375.
• Bible Study –7:30 to 8:30 p.m., Romeoville Recreational Center, Bodine Room, 900 W. Romeo Road, Romeoville. Hosted by: Maranatha Christian Center. For more information, call 708-524-2122.
• Chapel Bible study – 7 p.m., United Methodist Church of New Lenox, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. New members encouraged. For topic and information, call 815-485-8271.
• Bible study – 9:30 a.m., St. Mary Nativity, Nativity Room, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet. Book of Genesis. For information, call Denise Adelmann at 815-838-0337.
• Celebrate Recovery – 6 p.m., Restoration Christian Church, 114 Channahon St., Shorewood. Bible-based teachings and music. Men and women in separate groups. Free and open to the public. For information, call Mike Vollmer at 815-545-6522 or visit rccnow.org.
• 12 Step Recovery Bible Study – 7 to 8:30 p.m., Community Christian Church, 24035 Riverwalk Court, Plainfield. For more information, email John Mailhiot at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Families United Overcoming Addiction – 7 to 8:30 p.m., Community Christian Church, 24035 Riverwalk Court, Plainfield. For more information, email Sheree Stilwell at email@example.com.
• Praise Ringers Bell Choir – 7 p.m., First United Methodist Church, 401 East Kahler Road, Wilmington. Bell ringers needed. For information, call 815-476-5474.
• Grief Support Group – 10 to 11:30 a.m. or 6:30 to 8 p.m., Wednesdays, through Nov 28. St. Mary Nativity Catholic Church, Nativity Room, 706 N. Broadway, Joliet. All topics discussed are confidential. For more information, call Patricia Weiskop at 815-723-7141.
• Confession – 3 to 4 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, 710 W. Marion St., Joliet. For information, call 815-727-4746.
• AWANA – 6:15 p.m., Parker Road Bible Church, 18512 Parker Road, Mokena. Kids learn Bible verses, sing songs and play games. For information, call 708-463-1125.
• Kidz Club – 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Wednesdays, Channahon United Methodist Church, 24751 W. Eames, Channahon. Preschool to fourth grade. Learn about Christian values through music, art, science, storytelling, drama, games, cooking and videos. Light snack. For information call 815-467-5275 or visit www.channahonumc.org.
• Youth Small Group Ministry – 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Wednesdays, Channahon United Methodist Church, 24751 W. Eames, Channahon. Grades five through 12. Fellowship and discussion. For information, call 815-467-5275 or visit www.channahonumc.org
• Chancel Choir Practice – 7 p.m., First United Methodist Church, 401 East Kahler Road, Wilmington. Voices needed. For information, call 815-476-5474.
• All Saints/All Souls Taizé Service of Healing – 7 p.m., St. Edward’s and Episcopal Christ Church, Midland and Campbell streets, Joliet. Music, silent meditation, prayer, anointing with oil. For information, call 815-725-6800.
• WIC (Women, Infants, & Children) Clinic – 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., First United Methodist Church, 401 E. Kahler Road, Wilmington. For information, call 815-476-5474.