• Pray with the Franciscan Friars – 8 a.m. (morning prayer) and 5:30 p.m. (evening prayer) Monday through Friday, St. John the Baptist friary, Joliet. For information, call Brother Ed at 217-316-4335.
• Thursday Morning Scripture Reflection at St. Francis Woods – 9 to 10:30 a.m., Franciscan Sisters of the Sacred Heart, 9201 W. St. Francis Road, Frankfort. Every Thursday – except Christmas and New Year's day – to Mother's Day. Registration not required.
• Lunch and Learn – Noon to 1:30 p.m.; also Jan. 17, Joliet Jewish Congregation,
250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Torah study. $5. RSVP at 815-741-4600. Visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• C3 Martial Arts Classes – 6 to 7 p.m. Thursdays and 10 a.m. to noon Saturdays, Judson Memorial Church campus, 2800 Black Road, Joliet. Christ Centered Combat (C3) is a martial arts, self-defense class for those ages 7 and older. First two classes are free. Call 815-342-3538 or visit www.fbcjoliet.org.
• “The Center – 6:30 to 9 p.m.; also Jan. 17, First Presbyterian Church, 805 Western Ave., Joliet. Free food, games and hang time. For information, call 815-474-2569, email email@example.com or visit www.thecenterjoliet.org or Facebook.com/thecenterjoliet.
• Family night – 6:45 to 8 p.m.; also Jan. 17, Crystal Lawns Church of the Nazarene, 2424 Caton Farm Road, Joliet. For information, call 815-436-3380.
• Free Weekly Tajweed Class – 7 to 8 p.m., Thursdays, Islamic Foundation of Southwest Suburbs, 23616 W Main St, Plainfield. Open to men and women. Fun and interactive. No prerequisites required. The goal is for you participants to gain a better understanding of how to recite the book of Allah properly InshaAllah. For more information and to register, visit this event on Facebook.
• Women’s Bible Study – 9:30 a.m., United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• Fish fry – 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 Cass St., Joliet. Fish, chicken and shrimp. Carryout. Call 815-723-3827.
• Bingo – Doors open at 4 p.m. Cards begin at 6 p.m., St. Mary Nativity School,
702 N. Broadway St., Joliet. Must be 18 to play.
• Shabbat services – 7 p.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Includes birthday Shabbat. For information, call 815-741-4600 or visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com
• Men's Study Group – 7 to 8 a.m., United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• Run Alpha Training – 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Diocese of Joliet,16555 Weber Rd, Crest Hill,
Hosted by Alpha in Chicagoland. Gather with other leaders across the region for an interactive training on how to run Alpha in a way that creates space for the Holy Spirit to n transform people's hearts and churches. For more information, visit this event on Facebook or visit alpha.ticketspice.com.
• St. Anne/St. Ambrose Religious Education – 9 to 10:30 a.m., St. Ambrose Church, 1711 Burry Circle, Crest Hill. For more information, email Sister Mary Francis at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions/concerns.
• St. Mary Magdalene Religious Education – St. Mary Magdalene Catholic Church, 127 S. Briggs St., Joliet. For more information, call the religious education office at 815-727-4600 or the rectory office 815-722-7653.
• Shabbat Services – 9:30 a.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Call 815-741-4600 or visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• Confession – 3:15 to 3:45 p.m. Holy Cross Church, 830 Elizabeth St. Joliet. For more information, call 815-726-4031.
• Sacrament of Reconciliation – 3:15 to 3:45 p.m. St. Mary Nativity Church, 706 N. Broadway, Joliet. For more information, call 815-726-4031.
• Fish Fry – 4 to 8 p.m., Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 E. Cass St., Joliet. Carryout. Call 815-723-3827.
• “Angels We Have Heard on High” – 7 p.m., Cathedral of Saint Raymond Nonnatus, 604 N. Raynor Ave., Joliet. A concert of choral music for Epiphany sung by the cathedral’s choirs. For information, email www.straymond.net.
• Pancake Breakfast – 7:30 a.m. to noon, St. Joseph Church hall, 235 W. North St., Manhattan. Eggs, sausage, pancakes, milk, juice and coffee. $8 for adults and $4 for children. Tickets at door.
• Explore God – 8:30, 10 and 11"30 a.m., Sundays, Community Christian Church Plainfield, 24035 Riverwalk Court, Plainfield. Explore together the seven biggest questions about God. For more information, visit this event on Facebook or visit www.exploregod.com.
• Saint Mary Nativity and Holy Cross Faith Formation Program – 9 to 10:15 a.m. For more information contact Nanci at 815-726-4073 or email@example.com.
• Sunday School and Adult Bible Study – 9 a.m., First United Methodist Church, 1000 S. Washington, Lockport. For more information, call 815-838-1017 or visit www.1umclockport.org.
• Hebrew and Religious School – 9 a.m. to noon, Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Call 815-741-4600 or visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA) – 9 a.m.; Sundays through May, St. Mary Nativity, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet. High school students and adults. To register and for more information, call 815- 726-4031
• Confession (Polish) – 10 to 10:20 a.m., Holy Cross Church, 830 Elizabeth St. Joliet.
For more information, call 815-726-4031.
• Bible Study –7:30 to 8:30 p.m., Romeoville Recreational Center, Bodine Room, 900 W. Romeo Road, Romeoville. Hosted by: Maranatha Christian Center. For more information, call 708-524-2122.
• Bible study – 9:30 a.m., St. Mary Nativity, Nativity Room, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet. Book of Genesis. For information, call Denise Adelmann at 815-838-0337.
• Celebrate Recovery – 6 p.m., Restoration Christian Church, 114 Channahon St., Shorewood. Bible-based teachings and music. Men and women in separate groups. Free and open to the public. For information, call Mike Vollmer at 815-545-6522 or visit rccnow.org.
• 12 Step Recovery Bible Study – 7 to 8:30 p.m., Community Christian Church, 24035 Riverwalk Court, Plainfield. For more information, email John Mailhiot at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Families United Overcoming Addiction – 7 to 8:30 p.m., Community Christian Church, 24035 Riverwalk Court, Plainfield. For more information, email Sheree Stilwell at email@example.com.
• DivorceCare – United Methodist Church in New Lenox. For those going through or struggling with divorce. Bible-based. Runs weekly for 13 weeks. This is the second meeting. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• AWANA – 6:15 p.m., Parker Road Bible Church, 18512 Parker Road, Mokena. Kids learn Bible verses, sing songs and play games. For information, call 708-463-1125.
• Kidz Club – 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Wednesdays, Channahon United Methodist Church, 24751 W. Eames, Channahon. Preschool to fourth grade. Learn about Christian values through music, art, science, storytelling, drama, games, cooking and videos. Light snack. For information call 815-467-5275 or visit www.channahonumc.org.
• Youth Small Group Ministry – 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Wednesdays, Channahon United Methodist Church, 24751 W. Eames, Channahon. Grades five through 12. Fellowship and discussion. For information, call 815-467-5275 or visit www.channahonumc.org
• Wednesdays at LIFE Church Joliet – 7 p.m., Life Church Joliet, 714 Bethel Drive, Joliet. Worship, Bible study, activities for youth. For more information, call 815-355-6160 or visit lcjoliet.org.