• Nutrition Lunch – 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Jan. 7, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. Nutrition lunch program provided by Meals on Wheels Nutrition Department of Will County. Available every Monday. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Northern Illinois Food Bank Mobile Pantry – 4 to 6 p.m., White Oak Public Library District, 201 Normantown Road, Romeoville. For information and resources, visit solvehungertoday.org.
• SPENGA Healthy Eating Workshop – 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Farmhouse Academy Culinary Classes and Private Events, 8940 w. 192nd street, Unit L, Mokena. Paleo, Keto and Whole30 diet friendly, eggroll bowls (made of pork and veggies) with special Asian sauce made from scratch. Bring own beverages. 21 and up. $35. Purchase tickets at www.farmhouseacademy.com.
• Coffee and Conversation Book Club – 10 :30 a.m. to noon, Fountaindale Public Library District, 300 W. Briarcliff Road, Bolingbrook. ."All We Ever Wanted" by Emily Giffin. Drop-in. Call 630-759-2102 or visit fountaindale.org.
• Northern Illinois Food Bank Mobile Pantry – 3 to 5 p.m., Shady Oaks, 14 Central Ave., Minooka. For information and resources, visit solvehungertoday.org.
• Northern Illinois Food Bank Mobile Pantry – 3 to 5 p.m., Hartman Center, 511 N. Collins St., Joliet. For information and resources, visit solvehungertoday.org.
• Church Street Brewing Beer Dinner – 6 to 9 p.m., Opera House Steak & Seafood, 24027 W Lockport St., Plainfield. Four-course food tasting by executive chef Nick Dispenza along four beers $50. Purchase at Eventbrite.com.
• Fish Fry – 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Stone City VFW Post 2199, 124 Stone City Drive, Joliet.
• Fish Fry – 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 E. Cass St., Joliet. Fish, chicken and shrimp. Carryout. Call 815-723-3827.
• Game Day Potluck – Noon to 3 p.m., Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N Center St., Joliet. Bring a dish to pass and enjoy board games. Chicken provided. Visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Fish Fry – 4 to 7 p.m., Croatian Cultural Club, 1503 Clement St., Joliet. Baked or fried cod, shrimp, catfish or chicken breast served with tossed salad, French fries or parsley potatoes along with bread and butter. Carryout available. Call 815-723-3154.
• Fish Fry – 4 to 7:30 p.m., Cantigny VFW Post 367, 826 Horseshoe Drive, Joliet. Call 815-722-5398.
• 176 Catering Fish Fry – 4:30 to 7:30 p.m., Joliet Elks Lodge No. 296, 250 S.E. Frontage Road, Joliet. Baked and fried cod, fried shrimp, combo, burgers, salad bar. For information, call 815-744-3355.
• Fish Fry – 5 p.m., Harry E. Anderson VFW Post 9545, 323 Old Hickory Road, New Lenox. Call 815-485-8369 or visit vfwpost9545.org.
• Cookbook Swap –1 to 4 p.m., White Oak Library District, 20670 Len Kubinski Drive, Crest Hill. Bring at least one unwanted cookbook in usable condition to the library in advance and receive a voucher to new-to-you cookbooks home on event day. For information, contact Colleen Melone at 552-4283 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.whiteoaklibrary.org.
• Fish Fry – 4 to 8 p.m., Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 E. Cass St., Joliet. Carryout. Call 815-723-3827.
• Food Truck Saturday w/ Pierogi Jo's – 5 to 9 p.m., Werk Force Brewing, 14903 S Center St., Plainfield. For information, call 815-531-5457 or visit www.werkforcebrewing.com.
• Teen Taster: Australian Snacks – 4:30 to 6 p.m., White Oak Public Library District, 121 E. 8th St., Lockport. Ages 12 to 18. To register and for more information, contact Maisie Iven
at 815-552-4260 or email@example.com visit www.whiteoaklibrary.org.
For micro food pantries, visit www.facebook.com/MicroPantries.