• Amber Brown is Not a Crayon – 10 a.m., Rialto Square Theatre, 102 N. Chicago St., Joliet. A story about patience and forgiveness. $7. For information, rialtosquare.com/schoolmatinees.
• Tween DIY: Decorated Paper – 4:15 to 5:15 p.m.; also Oct. 21, Fountaindale Public Library District, 300 W. Briarcliff Road, Bolingbrook. Grades four to six. Call 630-759-2102 or visit fountaindale.org.
• Mayhem Manor Escape Room – By appointment through May 5, Volz Fieldhouse, Dellwood Park. Lockport. Register at Hauntpay.com. For more information, call 815-838-3621, ext. 0.or visit www.lockportpark.org.
• Frida Kahlo's Garden – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Thursdays, and noon to 4 p.m. Sundays, Four Rivers Environmental Center, 25055 W. Walnut Lane in Channahon. Visit reconnectwithnature.org.
• Golden Agers – Noon to 4 p.m., Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. Play cards and dice. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Midwest Crossroad Chorus of Sweet Adelines International – 7 p.m., Trinity Christian School, 901 Shorewood Drive, Shorewood. Call 866-588-7464 or visit
• "Online Dating" for Ages 50+ – 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., White Oak Library, 201 W. Normantown Road, Romeoville. To register, visit www.whiteoaklibrary.org.
• Great Read Kickoff – 6:30 p.m., Joliet Public Library, 150 N. Ottawa St., Joliet. "Wizard of Oz" themed trivia. Visit greatread.org.
• Bookies and Milk –7 to 7:45 p.m., Three Rivers Public Library District, 109 Wabena Ave., Minooka. Put the kids in PJs and treat them to a story or two at the library during this bedtime story program! We'll have the milk and cookies ready, too. All ages. Registration not required. For information, call 815-467-1600 or visit www.trpld.org.
• Make Up Your Own Holiday – Forms available at Three Rivers Public Library District, 25207 W Channon Drive, Channahon; and 109 Wabena Ave., Minooka. Open to children of all ages. Entry deadline is March 1. For information, call 815-467-6200 (Channahon) or 815-467-1600 (Minooka) or visit trpld.org.
• Romeoville Art Society Monthly Community Poetry & Image Competition deadline – Theme: Black & White. Voting Voting box at White Oak Library District, 201 W. Normantown Road, Romeoville. Email submissions to Info@romeovilleartsociety.org. For submission requirements and information, call 224-216-2447.
• Parents Night Out registration deadline – Event is 6 to 9 p.m., Feb. 8, Galowich Family YMCA, 749 Houbolt Road, Joliet. Games, craft, movies, healthy meal. Ages 2 to 12. Must be potty-trained. Contact Marlene Kirsch at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 815-744-3939.
• Valentine's Paint & Play registration deadline – Event is 6:30 to 8 p.m., Feb. 8, Smith Family YMCA, 1350 Briggs St., Joliet. Create a parent and child masterpiece. Snacks, games, prizes. Contact Taryn Fears at email@example.com or 815-726-3939.
• Painter's Group – 8 a.m. to noon, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N Center St., Joliet. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or 815-723-9713.
• Qulting Bee's – 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Channahon United Methodist Church, 24751 W Eames St. Channahon. Monthly quilting group. For more information, call the church office at 815-467-5275.
• Line Dancing: Advanced – 10 to 11:30 a.m., Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N Center St., Joliet. Experienced dancer session. No partner required. Visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Morris Watercolor Guild – 1 to 3 p.m., United Methodist Church, 118 W. Jackson St., Morris. Meets Friday afternoons. Monthly workshops. Occasional field trips. New members welcome. Call Kathy Skoza at 815-685-1046.
• Bingo – Doors open at 4 p.m. Cards begin at 6 p.m., St. Mary Nativity School, 702 N. Broadway St., Joliet. 18 and up.
• "Art from the Ashes" opening reception – 6 to 9 p.m., Joliet Area Historical Museum, 204 N. Ottawa St., Joliet. For information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit jolietmuseum.org.
• Daddy/Daughter Social – Event is 6:45 to 8:45 p.m., Feb. 7, Levy Center, Bolingbrook. For more information visit bolingbrookparks.org or call 630-739-0272.
• Open Mic – 7 to 10 p.m., The Exibit Fine Arts Center & Gallery. 315 Bedford Road, Morris. Poets, musicians, spoken word: all welcome. For information, call 815-258-5191 or visit www.exibit.org.
• Plainfield Park District Hosting New Rec Center Open House – 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., PARC, 24550 W. Renwick Road, Plainfield. For more information, visit www.plfdparks.org.
• Tribute to Families of German Descent – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Manhattan Township Historical Museum, 255 S. State St., Manhattan. Exhibit. For information, email ManhattanHistorical@yahoo.com.
• Wizard of Oz Themed Embroidery – 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., White Oak Library District, Crest Hill. For information, visit whiteoaklibrary.org.
• 6th annual “Hoops for D86” – 1 to 4:30 p.m., Joliet West High School, 401 N. Larkin Ave., Joliet. Feature players from Joliet Public Schools District 86 schools and community members. /42 (adults) and $1 (students). Benefits Joliet Public Schools District 86 students. For more information, call Sandy Zalewski at 815-740-3196 ext. 8204.
• Bingo at the Library 1 to 2 p.m. – Mokena Community Public Library District, 11327 W 195th St., Mokena. 18 and up. Free. To register, call 708-479-9663 or visit the events calendar at mokenalibrary.org.
• Paint and Sip: Wizard of Oz – 1 to 4 p.m., White Oak Library District, Crest Hill. Supplies, wine and juice provided. Age 21 and up. Contact Colleen Melone at 815-552-4283
• Imagineers Club: Imagine Natural Disasters – 1:30 to 2 p.m., Fountaindale Public Library, Bolingbrook. Play games, use new technologies and/or explore science. Grades two to five. Register at fountaindale.org.
• WriteOn Joliet author Ken McGee – 2 to 3 p.m., The Book Market at 2365 Plainfield Road, Crest Hill. Ken will sell and sign copies of his many books. Free and open to the public. Ken writes short stories for children and series for young adults and adults. For more information, visit kennethleemcgee.com and www.writeonjoliet.com.
• Women’s-Only Open Swim – 4 to 5:30 p.m., Galowich Family YMCA, Joliet. For more information, visit www.jolietymca.org or contact Kenya Raichart at 815-744-3939, ext. 320 or email@example.com.
• “Living History Demonstrations" – Noon to 3 p.m., Forest Preserve District of Will County’s Isle a la Cache Museum. Re-enactors from the museum’s volunteer brigade portray life during the 18th-century French fur trade era. Registration not required. Free, all-ages. For information, visit ReconnectWithNature.org.
• Over the Rainbow: Vocalist Petra van Nuis and guitarist Andy Brown – 2 to 3 p.m., Joliet Public Library, 3395 Black Road, Joliet. Musical favorites from the 1930s and 1940s, including "The Wizard of Oz." For information, visit jolietlibrary.org.
• "Wizard of Oz" – 4:30 to 6 p.m., White Oak Library District, Crest Hill Branch. Free. Includes popcorn. All ages. For more information, visit www.whiteoaklibrary.org.