• Cat adoption – 1 to 3 p.m.; also 5 to 7 p.m.; also Sunday, Bolingbrook PetSmart on Weber Road. Call Humane Haven Animal Shelter at 630-378-4208 for information or an appointment. All Humane Haven cats are spayed or neutered, microchipped, FeLV/FIV tested and have their distemper and rabies shots.
• “Owl Prowl” registration deadline – Event is 7 to 9 p.m., Feb. 2, Hickory Creek Preserve – LaPorte Road Access, Mokena. Ages 16 and up. Register at ReconnectWithNature.org or call 708-946-2216.
• 8th Annual Pull 4 the Pups – Noon to 4 p.m., Jakked Gym, 1450 SE River Road, Montgomery. Adoptable rescue pets onsite. Part of the proceeds benefits Plainfield-based Wags 2 Wishes animal rescue. For information, visit this event on Facebook.
• Bath Fundraiser – 1 to 4 p.m., Hopeful Tails Animal Rescue, 2303 Oak Leaf St., Joliet. For prices and information, visit the rescue on Facebook or visit www.hopefultailsanimalrescue.org.
• “Meet a Beekeeper” – 12:30 to 2:30 p.m., Plum Creek Nature Center, Beecher. Mike Rusnak will discuss beekeeping. Q&A. 18 and older. Free. Registration is not required. For information, visit ReconnectWithNature.org.
• “Turtle Time" registration deadline – Event is 6 to 7 p.m., Feb. 6, Forest Preserve District of Will County’s Isle a la Cache Museum, Romeoville. Meet and greet Taco, the museum’s resident Blanding’s turtle. Plus, learn about Illinois turtles. Hands-on program. All ages. Free. Register at ReconnectWithNature.org or call 815-886-1467.
• Volunteer orientation – 5:30 to 7 p.m., Hopeful Tails Animal Rescue, 2303 Oak Leaf St., Joliet. Come dressed to volunteer for a short training. Wear closed-toe shoes and clothes you don’t mind getting dirty. RSVP at 779-206-2132. For information, visit www.hopefultailsanimalrescue.org.