• "Wizard of Oz" themed events – Through February. For events and information, visit greatread.org.
• Learn to Crochet – 11 a.m. to noon, The Cancer Support Center, 19657 S. LaGrange Road, Mokena. For information,call 708-478-3529 or visit www.CancerSupportCenter.org.
• “Little Explorers" registration deadline – Event is 10 to 11:30 a.m., Feb. 13, Forest Preserve District of Will County’s Four Rivers Environmental Education Center, Channahon, Nature-themed activities. Geared to ages 3 to 5. Younger children welcome. Register at ReconnectWithNature.org or call 815-722-9470.
• Woodworking Club – 9 to noon., also 1 to 3 p..; also Thursday, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Frida Kahlo's Garden –Through March 16. 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Thursdays, and noon to 4 p.m. Sundays; Four Rivers Environmental Center, 25055 W. Walnut Lane in Channahon. The exhibition will explore iconic photographs of the artist and her home and garden, in addition to reproductions of several of her paintings. Visit reconnectwithnature.org.
• Golden Agers – Noon to 4 p.m., Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. Play cards and dice. Visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Crochet/Knitting Group – 1 to 4 p.m., Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N Center St., Joliet. Visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Midwest Crossroad Chorus of Sweet Adelines International – 7 p.m., Trinity Christian School, 901 Shorewood Drive, Shorewood. Call 866-588-7464 or visit
• Styx – 7:30 p.m., Rialto Square Theatre, 102 N. Chicago St., Joliet. For tickets and information, call 800-745-3000 or visit RialtoSquare.com.
• Nature Play Day – 10 to 11:30 a.m., Forest Preserve District of Will County’s Plum Creek Nature Center, 27064 S. Dutton Road, Beecher. Free. Ages 3 to 5 with parent.. Visit ReconnectWithNature.org.
• Limerick Match – 6 to 8 p.m., Book and Bean Cafe, 3395 Black Road, Joliet. Silly open mic night that features only limericks. Limericks provided or bring your own. All ages welcome. Family-friendly costumes encouraged. Token rewards for best performances. For information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Caricatures demonstration by Dan Laib – 7 p.m., Homer Township Public Library, 14320 W 151st St., Homer Glen. For more information call Liz Popp at 815-341-1145 or visit www.lemontartistsguild.org or danlaib.com.
• INCITE – 7:30 p.m., The Forge, 22 W. Cass St., Joliet. Call 815-280-5246 or visit www.theforgelive.com.
• Painter's Group – 8 a.m. to noon, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N Center St., Joliet. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or 815-723-9713.
• Line Dancing: Advanced – 10 to 11:30 a.m., Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N Center St., Joliet. Experienced dancer session. No partner required. Visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Morris Watercolor Guild – 1 to 3 p.m., United Methodist Church, 118 W. Jackson St., Morris. Meets Friday afternoons. Monthly workshops. Occasional field trips. New members welcome. Call Kathy Skoza at 815-685-1046.
• Annual 1836 Fundraising Event – 6 to 9 p.m., The Public Landing Restaurant, 200 W. 8th St., Lockport. For tickets and information, visit mainstreetlockport.org.
• Augustana Symphonic Band – 7 p.m., Joliet Central Auditorium. Free and open to the public.
• Lil' Ed & The Blues Imperials and Dave Weld & The Imperial Flames – 7 p.m. Joliet Area Historical Museum, 204 N. Ottawa St., Joliet, $12 or $10 (museum members). For tickets and information, visit jolietmuseum.org or call 815-723-5201.
• Busy Beaver Craft Club – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Forest Preserve District of Will County’s Isle a la Cache Museum, 501 E. Romeo Road, Romeoville. Free. Ages 12 and under. Registration not required. For information, visit ReconnectWithNature.org.
• Tribute to Families of German Descent – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Manhattan Township Historical Museum, 255 S. State St., Manhattan. Exhibit. For information, email ManhattanHistorical@yahoo.com.
Sensory Story Time with Santa! – 10:30 to 11:15 a.m., Mokena Community Public Library District, 11327 W 195th St, Mokena. Special emphasis on repetition, interactive activities and sensory play. Children should come with a caregiver or parent. All ages are welcome.To register, call 708-479-9663 or visit the events calendar at www.mokenalibrary.org
• Frida Kahlo's Garden: The Scoop on Succulents – 11 a.m. to noon, Four Rivers Environmental Center, 25055 W. Walnut Lane in Channahon. Join Kevin Eberhard, chief horticulturalist from the Bird Haven Greenhouse and Conservatory, to get the scoop on succulent plants. Free. Age 16 and up. For information, call 815-722-9470 or visit reconnectwithnature.org.
• "Broadway Bound" – 8 to 10 p.m., Feb. 16, Feb. 21, , Feb. 22, Feb. 23; also 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. Feb. 17 and Feb. 24, Lewis University, Philip Lynch Theatre, Lewis University, 1 University Pkwy., Romeoville. Ages 13 and up. $10. For tickets and information, visit lewisu.edu/academics/theatre/plt-tix.htm.