• The Troy Middle School S.L.A.M. Club is accepting donations of dog and cat products, such as canned and dry dog, puppy, cat and kitten food (with no red dye); dog and cat treats and toys; cat litter; pet shampoo; blankets and towels; paper towels; and food and supplies for rabbits,hamsters and guinea pigs. Bring supplies to 5800 W. Theodore St., Plainfield, during normal school hours through May 6. The supplies will be donated to the Will County Humane Society when the club visits the facility in the spring.
• Discount for pets in February – Will County residents who have their pets spayed or neutered at participating veterinary offices in February can receive a $40 county-sponsored discount. Call 815-724-1521.
• McAlister's Deli Charity Event – 10:30 a.m. to 10 p.m., McAlister's Deli, 11215 Lincoln HWR, Mokena. NAWS of Illinois will receive 15 percent of fundraiser sales. For more information, visit this event of Facebook or nawsus.org.
• Affordable pet vaccines – 5 to 8 p.m., 2 Paws 4 U Pet Bakery, 1736 Essington Road, Suite C, Joliet. No appointment necessary. For information, visit www.spayillinois.org.
• Volunteer orientation – 5:30 to 7 p.m., Hopeful Tails Animal Rescue, 2303 Oak Leaf St., Joliet. Come dressed to volunteer for a short training. Wear closed-toe shoes and clothes you don’t mind getting dirty. RSVP at 779-206-2132. For information, visit www.hopefultailsanimalrescue.org.
• Cat adoption – 5 to 7 p.m.; also 1 to 3 p.m., Bolingbrook PetSmart on Weber Road. Call Humane Haven Animal Shelter at 630-378-4208 for information or an appointment. All Humane Haven cats are spayed or neutered, microchipped, FeLV/FIV tested and have their distemper and rabies shots.
• Tail Waggin’ Tutors – 4 to 5 p.m., Coal City Public Library, 85 N. Garfield St., Coal City. Children build reading skills by reading to a therapy dog. First to fifth grade. To schedule a time, contact Rene Norris at 815-634-4552, ext. 110, or email@example.com.
• Fresh Food Friday (and Saturday) – 3 p.m., both days, Blackbird's Bowl, Natural Pet Foods & More, 221 Liberty St., Morris. Call 815-941-9311 or visit blackbirdsbowl.com.
• Adoption Event – 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Louis Joliet Mall, 3400 Mall Loop Drive, Joliet. Hopeful Tails will be located in the Live 360 space next to Sears. For information, visit www.hopefultailsanimalrescue.org.
• Lose the Cabin Fever: Enrichment Day! – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Blackbird's Bowl, Natural Pet Foods & More, 221 Liberty St., Morris. Champagne, snacks, free pet treats with purchase of any game, treats for pets, Bonnie from Bone-ifide Care will teach dogs new tricks. Call 815-941-9311 or visit blackbirdsbowl.com.
• Read With Frog The Dog – 10:30 a.m., Three Rivers Public Library District, 109 Wabena Ave., Minooka. Relax and read to a dog, Frog or a certified therapy dog. Open to all ages. Registration for one 15 minute time slot is required. Limit 10 per 15 minute slot. Call 815-467-1600 or visit www.trpld.org.
• Adoption Event – 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.; also Feb. 24, PetSmart, 985 Erica Lane, Yorkville. Meet Hopeful Tails Animal Rescue in Joliet. For information, visit www.hopefultailsanimalrescue.org.
• Support the Puppies – 2 to 6 p.m., Horns & Halos, 24045 Front St., Channahon. Chicago All Fired Up food truck, music and drink specials, silent auction, raffles. Families and friendly dogs welcome. Visit theboneyardrescue.org.
• 7th Annual Wild Fest – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Lockport Township High School, East Campus, 1333 E. 7th St., Lockport. Wildlife, raptors, petting zoo, Incredible Bats, educational presentations, concessions, photo opportunities. $8 (adults) and $5 (kids and college students with school ID). Free for ages 0 to 3. Cash, credit, debit.