Congratulations to the over 400 Joliet Public Schools District 86 students who participated in the District 86 Solo & Ensemble Music Contest.
Students in grades fifth through eighth performed solos, duets, and in small ensembles and were judged on such areas as intonation, accuracy, technique, and musicianship.
The following students received a perfect score on their performance at the competition, including Hufford Junior High sixth grade student Esmé Bryson who received two perfect scores on both the cello and the piano.
• Dirksen Junior High – Yaksi Cisneros, Candice Covarrubias, Dahlia Rosales
• Eisenhower Academy – Oliver Bailey, Brian Baron, Rauri O'Hara
• Gompers Junior High – Jose Cornejo
• Hufford Junior High – Matteo Audelo, Brandon Babich, Jalyssa Brand, Esmé Bryson, Matthew Budde, Ryland Denson, Rebecca Hambry, Evelyn Hernandez, Maya Hernandez, Aireanna Hinojosa, Reid Hogan, Franchesca Ornelas, Kaylen Peterson, Sam White
• Lynne Thigpen Elementary – Emma Becker
• Washington Junior High – Andy Aguirre, Elizabeth Arteaga, Kevon Boykin, Pedro Chavez, Julian Collier, Santiago Martinez, Eduardo Mendez, Natalie Pina, Yareli Ponce, Madison Schlismann
More than 1,500 students participate in the Joliet Public Schools District 86 music program this year.