• Animal-Assisted Therapy program seeking dogs – Complete an online application at eehealth.org/ways-to-give/volunteer/animal-assisted-therapy. Applicants will be contacted for pre-screening. For more information, call Cynthia Brooks at 630-527-5305 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Troy Middle School S.L.A.M. Club is accepting donations of dog and cat products, such as canned and dry dog, puppy, cat and kitten food (with no red dye); dog and cat treats and toys; cat litter; pet shampoo; blankets and towels; paper towels; and food and supplies for rabbits,hamsters and guinea pigs. Bring supplies to 5800 W. Theodore St., Plainfield, during normal school hours through May 6. The supplies will be donated to the Will County Humane Society when the club visits the facility in the spring.
• Eat Wings & Raise Funds for Will County Humane Society – 11 a.m. to 1 a.m. March 26, Buffalo Wild Wings, 11820 Illinois Route 59, Plainfield. Mention Will County Humane Society and 15 percent of order goes to the shelter. For information, call 815-741-0695 or visit willcountyhumane.org.
• Volunteer orientation – 5:30 to 7 p.m., Hopeful Tails Animal Rescue, 2303 Oak Leaf St., Joliet. Come dressed to volunteer for a short training. Wear closed-toe shoes and clothes you don’t mind getting dirty. RSVP at 779-206-2132. For information, visit www.hopefultailsanimalrescue.org.
• Read with Rudy the therapy dog – 4 to 5 p.m., , Mokena Public Library, 11327 195th St., Mokena. Grades one through eight. 10-minute intervals. Children may bring own books. To register, call 708-479-9663 or visit mokenalibrary.com.
• Cat adoption – 5 to 7 p.m.; also 1 to 3 p.m., Bolingbrook PetSmart on Weber Road. Call Humane Haven Animal Shelter at 630-378-4208 for information or an appointment. All Humane Haven cats are spayed or neutered, microchipped, FeLV/FIV tested and have their distemper and rabies shots.
• Mardi Gras Paw-Ty – 6 to 10 p.m., American Legion Marne Post 13 24741 W Renwick Road, Plainfield. New Orleans dinner catered by Moe Joe's. Open bar through 9 p.m. raffle baskets, 50/50. $40. Register at pawsup4rescue.org.
• Build the Dog Wall – Noon to 5 p.m., Double J Sportsbar, 1001 Essington Road, Joliet, Adoptable animals, raffles, 5-/5-, food, drinks, karaoke. Benefits Wags 2 Wishes Animal Rescue. Visit w2wrescue.com.
• Fur the Dogs – Noon, River Hawk Brewing, 24735 W. Eames St. Channahon. Bring your four-legged friend, order a beer/wine, and your dog will receive a treat. For more information, visit Day Fur The Dogs on Facebook or call River Hawk Brewing at 815-790-7032.