• Celebrate Recovery – 6 p.m., Restoration Christian Church, 114 Channahon St., Shorewood. Bible-based teachings and music. Men and women in separate groups. Free and open to the public. For information, call Mike Vollmer at 815-545-6522 or visit rccnow.org
• Parent Orientation: Sacrament of Confirmation Prep – 7 to 8 p.m., April 30 or May 2, St. Mary Immaculate, Cana Hall, 15629 S. Rt. 59, Plainfield. For current sixth grade parents.
• Families United Overcoming Addiction-Substance Use Disorders – 7 to 8:30 p.m., Community Christian Church, 24035 Riverwalk Court, Plainfield. For more information, email Sheree Stilwell at email@example.com.
• Festival of Faith: A Cantata by Joseph M. Martin – 7 p.m., April 16, St. Jude Catholic Church, 241 W. Second Ave., New Lenox. Under the direction of Tom Labanauskas. Performed by the St. Jude music ministry choirs and orchestra with guest vocalists. Free. All welcome.
• St. Peregrine Feast Day Celebration – 8:30 a.m., St. Mary Nativity, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet. Patron saint of cancer. Place names of the sick in front of her cancer. Refreshments. Call 815-726-4031.
• Circle of Love – 9 a.m. to noon, First United Methodist Church, 1000 S. Washington, Lockport. Provides diapers and feminine hygiene products which cannot be purchased through the government assistance program. For more information, call 815-838-1017 or visit www.1umclockport.org.
• Grief Support Group – 10 to 11:30 a.m. or 6:30 to 8 p.m., Wednesdays, through May 29. St. Mary Nativity Catholic Church, Nativity Room, 706 N. Broadway, Joliet. All topics discussed are confidential. For more information, call Patricia Weiskop at 815-723-7141.
• AWANA – 6:15 p.m., Parker Road Bible Church, 18512 Parker Road, Mokena. Kids learn Bible verses, sing songs and play games. For information, call 708-463-1125.
• Kidz Club – 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Wednesdays, Channahon United Methodist Church, 24751 W. Eames, Channahon. Preschool to fourth grade. Learn about Christian values through music, art, science, storytelling, drama, games, cooking and videos. Light snack. For information call 815-467-5275 or visit www.channahonumc.org.
• Youth Small Group Ministry – 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Wednesdays, Channahon United Methodist Church, 24751 W. Eames, Channahon. Grades five through 12. Fellowship and discussion. For information, call 815-467-5275 or visit www.channahonumc.org
• Wednesdays at LIFE Church Joliet – 7 p.m., Life Church Joliet, 714 Bethel Drive, Joliet. Worship, Bible study, activities for youth. For more information, call 815-355-6160 or visit lcjoliet.org.
• TeamKID – 7 to 8 p.m., Friendship Baptist Church, 15801 IL-59, Plainfield, Bible skills, missions and fun. Call 815-436-2380 or visit fbcplainfield.com.
• Pray with the Franciscan Friars – 8 a.m. (morning prayer) and 5:30 p.m. (evening prayer) Monday through Friday, St. John the Baptist friary, Joliet. For information, call Brother Ed at 217-316-4335.
• Thursday Morning Scripture Reflection at St. Francis Woods – 9 to 10:30 a.m., Franciscan Sisters of the Sacred Heart, 9201 W. St. Francis Road, Frankfort. Every Thursday – except Christmas and New Year's day – to Mother's Day. Registration not required.
• Lunch and Learn – Noon to 1:30 p.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation,
250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Torah study. $5. RSVP at 815-741-4600. Visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• May Crowning Mass – Noon, St. Mary Immaculate Parish, Plainfield. CCW moderator Rev. John Regan will celebrate. CCW Woman of the Year Jan Garbin will crown assisted by Mary Kay Bollacker, Virginia Dudkiewicz, Debbie Shimek and Doris Trattner. Contact Mary Jeanne Pazin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• National Day of Prayer, 1 p.m., St. Mary Nativity, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet. Students will lead patriotic rosary. For information about the event and other locations in Will and Grundy Counties, visit nationaldayofprayer.org.
• “The Center – 6:30 to 9 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, 805 Western Ave., Joliet. Free food, games and hang time. For information, call 815-474-2569, email email@example.com or visit www.thecenterjoliet.org or Facebook.com/thecenterjoliet.
• Family night – 6:45 to 8 p.m., Crystal Lawns Church of the Nazarene, 2424 Caton Farm Road, Joliet. For information, call 815-436-3380.
• Relics of St. Pio of Pietrelcina (Padre Pio) – 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., St. Bernard Catholic Church, 1301 Sterling Ave., Joliet. Public veneration. Mass celebrated by Bishop R. Daniel Conlon, Diocese of Joliet, at 7 p.m. Call 815-726-4474 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Shabbat services – 7:30 p.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. For information, call 815-741-4600 or visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com
• First Saturday Devotion/Rosary – After 7:30 a.m. Mass, St. Mary Immaculate Parish, 15629 S. Route 59, Plainfield. For information, call 815-436-2651.
• First Saturday Devotion Prayers – 9 a.m., Church of St. Jude, 2212 McDonough St., Joliet. All welcome.
• Shabbat Services – 9:30 a.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Call 815-741-4600 or visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• Mass in Remembrance of Easter Sunday Terrorist Attacks in Sri Lanka – 11 a.m., Cathedral of St. Raymond Nonnatus, Joliet. Celebrated by Bishop R. Daniel Conlon.
• Healing Prayer Service – 1:30 p.m., St. Mary Immaculate Parish, 15629 S. Route 59, Plainfield. For information, call 815-436-2651
• Annual Congress of Christian Education – May 6 to May 9, Second Baptist Church, 156 S. Joliet Street, Joliet. Food served at 5 p.m. Classes for all ages 5:45 to 8:15 p.m. Worship services 8:15 p.m. Free and open to the public. To register, call 815-726-3731.