David Gray provided the following information about his years in support services. F
• Currently supervises the transportation, food service, textbook/cashier departments, and the E-rate program.
• Coordinates the Will County Transportation Consortium since 1995 as JTHS is the Administrative District.
• Past treasurer of JTHS District 204.
• Past responsibilities included managing the District telephone system, coordinating the massive garage sales and certifying Driver Ed completions and annual reports.
• JTHS transportation department grew from approximately 30 employees and buses to current 152 employees and 140 buses, serving 44 different school sites, including Central, West, and the alternate school, the transition center, Rockdale School District and a large number of special education schools.
• Previously provided transportation to Union School District. The transportation department is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days week for about 360 days per year.
• Started at JTHS with one typewriter and no computers or copiers in the transportation office.
• The food service department includes approximately 52 employees.
• The textbook/cashiers office includes another three employees
• Participated in the design phase of the cafeteria and kitchen at Joliet West, the cafeteria/kitchen/student center at Joliet Central, the kitchen and storage at the alternate school and the kitchenette at administrative center
• Completed a real estate search to locate, design and develop the current transportation center.
• Designed three textbook centers for Central Campus and the current center at West Campus.
Assisted in the development and transition from a Centrex phone system to the current VOIP phone system.
• Assisted with securing and continually updating Comcast data service to support the 1:1 student device initiative.
• In 1989, before commercially produced video systems became available, Gray worked with a local electronics shop to design a video recording system to mount it in a bus to monitor student behavior.
IF YOU GO
WHAT: Retirement reception for David Gray
WHEN: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. May 17
WHERE: Joliet Township High School District 204 transportation center, 3901 Olympic BLVD. Joliet