• Bingo for Dogs – 7 to 8:30 p.m. June 5, River Hawk Brewing, 24735 W. Eames St., Channahon. 25. Includes Bingo card, free bag of Bark Bites Dog Treats and a raffle ticket. Extra bingo cards and raffle tickets available for $5. Visit Bingo for Have a Heart Dog Rescue & Adoption on Facebook.
• Affordable Pet Vaccines: 5 to 8 p.m., Karen’s Grooming and Boarding, 309 Republic Ave., Joliet. For information, call 630-961-8000 or visit www.spayillinois.org.
• Cat adoption – 5 to 7 p.m.; also 1 to 3 p.m., Bolingbrook PetSmart on Weber Road. Call Humane Haven Animal Shelter at 630-378-4208 for information or an appointment. All Humane Haven cats are spayed or neutered, microchipped, FeLV/FIV tested and have their distemper and rabies shots.
• Wooftastic Reading with Dusty – 1 to 2 p.m.; also 10 to 11 a.m., June 3, Morris Area Public Library, 604 Liberty St., Morris. Call 815-942-6880 or visitmorrislibrary.com.
• Open House – 4 to 8 p.m., Ellis House & Equestrian Center, 13986 McKanna Road, Minooka, Activities include pony rides, games, hay rides. Call 815-475-4035 or visit ellishec.com.
• Bird Hike – 8 to 10 a.m., Plum Creek Nature Center, Crete Township. Short presentation. 1 to 2-mile walk over uneven terrain. Bring binoculars and field guide. 18 and up. Free. Visit reconnectwithnature.org.
• “Lake Renwick Bird Viewing" – 8 a.m. to noon, Forest Preserve District of Will County’s, Lake Renwick Heron Rookery Nature Preserve. Bring own binoculars. Free. All ages. Visit ReconnectWithNature.org.
• Flowers and Butterflies – 1 to 2 p.m., Morris Area Public Library, 604 Liberty St., Morris
Call 815-942-6880 or visitmorrislibrary.com.
• Bird Hike – 8 to 10 a.m., Hickory Creek Preserve – LaPorte Road Access, Shagbark Grove Shelter, Mokena. Short presentation. 1 to 2-mile walk over uneven terrain. Bring binoculars and field guide. 18 and up. Free. Visitreconnectwithnature.org.
• “Meet a Beekeeper” – 12:30 to 2:30 p.m., Plum Creek Nature Center, Beecher. Mike Rusnak will discuss beekeeping. Q&A. 18 and older. Free. Registration is not required. For information, visitReconnectWithNature.org.
• Volunteer orientation – 5 to 6:30 p.m.; also May 5, Hopeful Tails Animal Rescue, 2303 Oak Leaf St., Joliet. Come dressed to volunteer for a short training. Wear closed-toe shoes and clothes you don’t mind getting dirty. RSVP at 779-206-2132. For information, visit www.hopefultailsanimalrescue.org.
• Panda Express Fundraiser Night – Noon to 9 p.m., Panda Express, 3340 Mall Loop Dr, Joliet. 20% of order benefits medical expenses Hope Tails Animal Rescue in Joliet. Show flyer when ordering.