Ten AMITA Health hospitals have earned “A” grades for the 2019 spring release, the top safety grade from The Leapfrog Group for performance in preventing medical errors, injuries, infections and other patient harm.
By earning “A” grades Leapfrog’s biannual Safety Grade study, the hospitals rank among the safest in the nation. The AMITA Health hospitals are:
• AMITA Health Adventist Medical Center Bolingbrook
• AMITA Health Adventist Medical Center Hinsdale
• AMITA Health Adventist Medical Center GlenOaks
• AMITA Health Adventist Medical Center La Grange
• AMITA Health Resurrection Medical Center Chicago
• AMITA Health Saint Joseph Hospital Chicago
• AMITA Health Saint Joseph Hospital Elgin
• AMITA Health Saint Joseph Medical Center Joliet
• AMITA Health Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center Chicago
• AMITA Health St. Alexius Medical Center Hoffman Estates
These hospitals were among more than 850 hospitals nationwide to earn the top score. AMITA Health Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center has achieved an “A” rating for 12 consecutive reporting periods.
AMITA Health is a joint operating company formed by AdventHealth in Altamonte Springs, Fla., and St. Louis-based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care.
The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
For more information, visit AMITAhealth.org and hospitalsafetygrade.org.