• Woodworking Club – 9 to noon., also July 22; and 1 to 3 p.m., Thursdays, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Line Dancing: Advanced – 10 to 11:30 a.m.; also Fridays and July 22, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N Center St., Joliet. No partner required. For beginner classes and more information, Visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Golden Agers – Noon to 4 p.m., Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. Play cards and dice. Visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• National Night Out – 5 to 7:30 p.m., Monee Reservoir. Hosted by the Forest Preserve District of Will County Police Department in partnership with Crete, Monee and Peotone police departments. Includes free “Try It!” fishing and paddling programs, DJ, bounce house, popcorn, free kid IDs, food vendors. Visit bit.ly/willcountynightout.
• National Night Out – 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., Romeoville Police Department, 1050 W. Romeo Road, Romeoville. Kid’s activities, rapid response vehicles, K-9 demonstrations, building tours, taser demonstrations, free food and giveaways. Visit romeoville.org.
• Frankfort's Night Out Against Crime – 6 to 8 p.m., Kansas & Oak Streets, Downtown Frankfort. Family friendly activities. Contact the Frankfort Police Department at 815-469-9435.
• NSPIRED! live lit – Gallery Seven, 200 W. 8th St., Lockport. Melodic melodies of Harold McCay at 6:30 p.m. Storytellers at 7 p.m. Featuring Barbara Eberhard, Lisa Colleen, Megan Fulara, R.C. Riley and Paul Teodo. Visit inspiredlivelit.com.
• Midwest Crossroad Chorus of Sweet Adelines International – 7 p.m., Trinity Christian School, 901 Shorewood Drive, Shorewood. Call 866-588-7464 or visit
• “Youth Archery" registration deadline – 11 a.m.to 12:30 p.m., Aug. 8, Isle a la Cache Museum, Romeoville. Learn how to safely use basic archery equipment and practice using compound bows and blunt arrows. Free; ages 10 to 16. Register at ReconnectWithNature.org or call 815-886-1467.
• Three Rivers Festival – Through Aug. 11, Central Park, Route 6 at Bluff Road, Channahon. Visit threeriversfest.info.
• Cruisin’ Frankfort – 5 to 8 p.m., Kansas & Oak Streets, downtown Frankfort. Classic cars. Visit frankfortcarclub.org.
• Rockin' Rock Bottom Concert Series – 6 to 9 p.m., The Promenade Bolingbrook, Bolingbrook. Featuring Lotus Kings (Santana tribute). Food and beverages for sale. No alcohol.
• Concert on the Hill – 6:30 p.m., Billie Limacher Bicentennial Park & Theatre, 201 W. Jefferson St., Joliet. For lineup, call 815-724-3760 or visit bicentennialpark.org.
• Midways Film Festival – 6 p.m.. Roxy Theatre, 1017 S State St, Lockport. Featured genre: horror. Visit mwsfilmfest.com.
• Rockin' the Ville Concert Series & Cruise Nights – 6:30 to 9 p.m., Romeoville Toyota Pavilion at Deer Crossing Park, 1050 W. Romeo Road, Romeoville. Featuring Soul Papas. Visit romeoville.org.
•“Summer Nature Photography Hike" registration deadline – Event is 8:30 to 10:30 a.m., Aug. 10, Plum Creek Nature Center, Crete Township. Hike with a naturalist and take photos along the way. Free; ages 16 and older. Register at ReconnectWithNature.org or call 708-946-2216.
• Plainfield Park District Cardboard Boat Regatta – 6:30 to 8 p.m., Ottawa Street Pool, Plainfield. For details, visit plfdparks.org.
• Rooftop Summer Music Series featuring Toronzo Cannon – 7:30 p.m., Joliet Area Historical Museum, 214 N. Ottawa St., Joliet. Contemporary Chicago blues. $10 or $8 for museum members. Call 815-723-5201or visit jolietmuseum.org.
• Farm & Barn Fest – Visit www.mokenapark.com/news-and-events/_-farmandbarn.aspx.
• “Boating Safety and Inspections,” 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Whalon Lake, Naperville. Free; all ages. Free boat safety inspection from the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary, safe boating tips and information on boating in the forest preserves. Free; all ages. Visit ReconnectWithNature.org.
• Videogame Afternoon Fun – Noon to 3 p.m., Mokena Community Public Library District, 11327 W 195th St., Mokena. Try beating the librarian designed levels on the new game Super Mario Maker 2 on the Switch Console. Pizza and refreshments. Ages 6 to 12. To register, call 708-479-9663 or visit mokenalibrary.org.
• Joliet Blues Fest – 3 to 10 p.m., Billie Limacher Bicentennial Park & Theatre, 201 W. Jefferson St., Joliet. Visit bicentennialpark.org.
• Free Plainfield Park District Party – 2 to 6 p.m., The Prairie Activity & Recreation Center (PARC), 24550 W. Renwick Road, Plainfield. Free inflatables, crafts, face painting, a magician from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Industrial Drive will play from 2 to 4:15 p.m. Concessions. Free all-day entrance to the Ottawa Street Pool, 23820 W. Ottawa St. and PARC. Visit plfdparks.org.
• 815 Youth Day – 2 p.m., Nowell Park, Joliet. Youth will compete in a 3on3 basketball competition. Also face painting, relay races. Joliet Police Department offering child safety IDs, the Army National Guard, and the Joliet Fire Department. DJ Big Worm. All ages. Call 815-324-2499 or email email@example.com
• Concerts on the Green – 6:30 to 8 p.m., Breidert Green. downtown Frankfort. Free. Visit frankfortcarclub.org.
• Mokena Writers’ Guild – 6 to 8 p.m., Mokena Community Public Library District, 11327 W 195th St., Mokena. Writers of all ages. Novice to published. Constructive, non-judgmental critiquing of works. Visit mokenalibrary.org.