• St. Joseph Academy accepting registration for the 2019-2020 school year – The academy, which provides an individualized education program for students from preschool through middle school, is located in the St. John the Baptist Resource Center at 403 N. Hickory Street in Joliet. The academy is a 9-year-old independent school cased on Montessori philosophy and Catholic tradition. Call 815-723-4567.
• St. Mary Magdalene accepting religious education registrations for the 2019-2020 school year – Classes begin Sept. 7, St. Mary Magdalene Catholic Church, 127 S. Briggs St., Joliet. For students in first through eighth grade. Call 815-727-4600 or 815-722-7653.
• St Mary Nativity School registration for the 2019-2020 school year – Preschool through grade eight. For a tour and more information, call 815-722-8518 or visit stmarynativity.org.
• St. Mary Immaculate Parish School in Plainfield is now accepting registration for the 2019 to 2020 school year, preschool through eighth grade. For a tour and information, call 815-436-3953 or visit smischool.org.
• Mary Margaret’s Rosary Group – 4 p.m.; also Aug. 5, St. Mary Nativity Church, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet. Call 815-726-4031
• “Miraculous Mission: Jesus Saves the World,” Vacation Bible School – 5:45 to 8 p.m., Aug. 5 through Aug. 9, St. Peter Evangelical Lutheran Church, 310 N. Broadway St., Joliet. Ages 3 through fifth grade. Free. Register at stpeterjoliet.org or call 815-722-3567, ext. 301.
• Catholics Returning Home – Six-week series. 7:30 to 9 p.m. Mary Immaculate Parish, north wing room A, 15629 S. Route 59, Plainfield. The Mass. Registration requested. For information, call Deacon Tom O’Connell at 815-230-2241 or visit www.smip.org.
• Bible Study – 9:30 a.m., St. Mary Nativity Church, Nativity Room, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet. Call 815-726-4031
• Celebrate Recovery – 6 p.m., Restoration Christian Church, 114 Channahon St., Shorewood. Bible-based teachings and music. Men and women in separate groups. Free and open to the public. For information, call Mike Vollmer at 815-545-6522 or visit rccnow.org
• Families United Overcoming Addiction-Substance Use Disorders – 7 to 8:30 p.m., Community Christian Church, 24035 Riverwalk Court, Plainfield. For more information, email Sheree Stilwell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Circle of Love – 9 a.m. to noon, First United Methodist Church, 1000 S. Washington, Lockport. Provides diapers and feminine hygiene products which cannot be purchased through the government assistance program. For more information, call 815-838-1017 or visit www.1umclockport.org.
• Faith and Economic Freedom – 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Legacy Vineyard Church, 315 E 11th St., Lockport. Call 815-726-1155 or visit legacyvineyardchurch.com.
• Orthodox Study classes – 7 p.m., St. Nicholas Orthodox Church, 1000, Barber Lane, Joliet. Orthodox and non-Orthodox welcome. Led by Led by Rev. Mykola Bodnarchuk, pastor, who has a doctorate in theology from St. Petersburg Theological Academy. First and third Wednesdays of the month. Email email@example.com.
• Wednesdays at LIFE Church Joliet – 7 p.m., Life Church Joliet, 714 Bethel Drive, Joliet. Worship, Bible study, activities for youth. For more information, call 815-355-6160 or visit lcjoliet.org.
• Pray with the Franciscan Friars – 8 a.m. (morning prayer) and 5:30 p.m. (evening prayer) Monday through Friday, St. John the Baptist friary, Joliet. For information, call Brother Ed at 217-316-4335.
• Lunch and Learn – Noon to 1:30 p.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation,
250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Torah study. $5. RSVP at 815-741-4600. Visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• “The Center – 6:30 to 9 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, 805 Western Ave., Joliet. Free food, games and hang time for teens. Speaker: Porcia. Topic: "Move Closer!
Call or text 815-474-2569, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.thecenterjoliet.org or Facebook.com/thecenterjoliet.
• Family night – 6:45 to 8 p.m., Crystal Lawns Church of the Nazarene, 2424 Caton Farm Road, Joliet. For information, call 815-436-3380.
• Sorrowful Mother Novena – 6 p.m. St. Mary Nativity Church, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet .
Call 815-726-4031 .
• Contemporary Worship Service – 5 p..m.,United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. Light dinner served after service. Call 815-485-8271 or visit umcnl.com.
• Co-Dependents Anonymous – 8 to 9:30 a.m., Channahon United Methodist Church, 24751 W. Eames St., Channahon. 12-step program for healthy relationships. Call Nancy at 708-912-3056.
• Shabbat Services – 9:30 a.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Call 815-741-4600 or visit jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• Baby Care Item Collection – 2 to 6 p.m., St. Ann Catholic Church, 24500 S Navajo Drive, Channahon. To assist teen moms who need help taking care of their children. Items may be left in the back of church through Aug. 22 at St. Ann's or Channahon United Methodist Church, 24751 W Eames St., Channahon. This is part of an Eagle Scout project. For more information, contact Tyler Hartke, Life Scout Troop 444, at 815-521-9829 or Chimp137@comcast.net.
• Rosary for the Holy Souls in Purgatory – 9:40 a.m., St. Mary Nativity Church, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet. Call 815-726-4031.
• Catholics Returning Home – Six-week series. 7:30 to 9 p.m. Mary Immaculate Parish, north wing room A, 15629 S. Route 59, Plainfield. Topic: Explanation of the Sacrament of Reconciliation. Registration requested. For information, call Deacon Tom O’Connell at 815-230-2241 or visit www.smip.org.