• Woodworking Club – 9 to noon., also Aug. 19; and 1 to 3 p.m., Thursdays, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Line Dancing: Advanced – 10 to 11:30 a.m.; also Fridays and Aug. 19, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N Center St., Joliet. No partner required. For beginner classes and more information, Visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Mokena Writers’ Guild – 6 to 8 p.m., Mokena Community Public Library District, 11327 W 195th St., Mokena. Writers of all ages. Novice to published. Constructive, non-judgmental critiquing of works. Visit mokenalibrary.org.
• “Richard Schmidt Art Exhibition” – Through Aug. 31, Plum Creek Nature Center, Crete. Exhibit hours are: 10 a.m. to noon, Tuesdays to Saturdays; noon to 4 p.m. Sundays; closed Mondays. View oil and watercolor paintings created by the winner of the nature center’s spring art show. Schmidt of Frankfort has been painting for more than 40 years and has displayed his works in many outdoor shows and galleries. Free; all ages. Visit ReconnectWithNature.org.
• Golden Agers – Noon to 4 p.m., Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. Play cards and dice. Visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Joliet Unity Movement Haunted Trails – 4 p..m., Haunted Trails, Joliet. Purchase of a wristband includes unlimited rides, miniature golf, game tokens, pizza and drink. Call 815-324-2499 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Midwest Crossroad Chorus of Sweet Adelines International – 7 p.m., Trinity Christian School, 901 Shorewood Drive, Shorewood. Call 866-588-7464 or visit
• Movies on the Green – 8:30 to 10:30 p.m., Downtown Frankfort. Entertainment for kids. Visitvillageoffrankfort.com/calendar.
• “Evening Prairie Ramble for Adults" registration deadline - Event is 6:30 to 8 p.m., Aug. 15, Four Rivers Environmental Education Center, Channahon. Take a walk in the prairie and learn about flowers in bloom. On- and off-trail hike of 1-2 miles. Free; ages 18 or older. Register at ReconnectWithNature.org or call 815-722-9470.
• “Monarch’s First Flight" – Each day at noon through Sept. 29, Plum Creek Nature Center. The nature center is rearing monarch caterpillars and visitors are welcome to help release the butterflies after they emerge from their chrysalises. An interpretive naturalist available for butterfly questions. Free; all ages. Call 708-946-2216.
• Cruisin’ Frankfort – 5 to 8 p.m., Kansas & Oak Streets, downtown Frankfort. Classic cars. Visitfrankfortcarclub.org.
• Rockin' Rock Bottom Concert Series – 6 to 9 p.m., The Promenade Bolingbrook, Bolingbrook. Featuring Ron Burgundy's (Smooth Yacht Rock) . Food and beverages for sale. No alcohol.
• Concert on the Hill – 6:30 p.m., Billie Limacher Bicentennial Park & Theatre, 201 W. Jefferson St., Joliet. Polka night featuring Eddie Korosa Jr. & Boys & Girls of IL and Frank Rossi & Sounds of Sinatra. Call 815-724-3760 or visit bicentennialpark.org.
• WriteOn Joliet – 6 to 8:30 p.m., Joliet Public Library, 3395 Black Road. Adult critique group. New members and all genres welcome, as are readers looking to connect with local authors. For more information, visit www.writeonjoliet.com.
• "The Sting" – 7 p.m., Rialto Square Theatre, 102 N. Chicago St., Joliet. $5. Doors will open at 6 p.m. Free free organ concert at 6:30 p.m. Concessions. Tickets at rialtosquare.comor 800-745-3000.
• “White Oak Author Tour: William Hazelgrove” – 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., White Oak Library District, 121 E. 8th St., Lockport. Book discussion: "Madam President: The Secret Presidency of Edith Wilson." Q&A, book signing, appetizers with beer and wine. 21 and up. Register at whiteoaklibrary.org or 815-552-4260.
• Three Dog Night – 8 p.m., Rialto Square Theatre, 102 N. Chicago St., Joliet. Tickets at rialtosquare.com or 800-745-3000.
• Back to School Fair – 9 a.m. to noon, The Goddard School of Plainfield, 24829 West 135th St., Plainfield. Face painting, tattoos, dunk tank, snacks. Fire department available for car seat safety checks. Call 815-609-5970 or visit www.goddardschool.com.
• Joliet Unity Movement HHC Back to School Fair - 11 a.m., Riverwalk Homes, Joliet. Activity stations (making slime and shooting 3-pointers). Free and open to the public. Call 815-324-2499 or email email@example.com.
• Improv Uncorked– 7 to 9 p.m. Billie Limacher Bicentennial Park & Theatre, 201 W. Jefferson St., Joliet. Interact with the house team. Cash bar and sweets. Call 815-724-3760 or visit bicentennialpark.org.
• Car Cruise – Noon to 9 p.m., St. Joseph Park, 700 Theodore St., Joliet. All cars, trucks and motorcycles, welcome. Call 815-722-7653.
• Ice Skating Open House – Noon, Inwood Ice Arena, Joliet. Mini-exhbition for junior staff members, public skate (junior staff happy to hep new skatrs), meet main instructiors, learn about skating programs.
• St. Mary Magdalene Parish Picnic – Noon to 9 p.m., St. Joseph Park, 700 Theodore St., Joliet. Food, Bingo, bakery, games. Live music will by “Just Us” from 1 to 4 p.m.; “SHINDIG” from 6 to 9 p.m. Jugglers and balloon creations from 3 to 5 p.m.Call 815-722-7653.
• Concerts on the Green – 6:30 to 8 p.m., Breidert Green. downtown Frankfort. Free. Visit frankfortcarclub.org.