• Woodworking Club – 9 to noon., also Aug. 26; and 1 to 3 p.m., Thursdays, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Line Dancing: Advanced – 10 to 11:30 a.m.; also Fridays and Aug. 26, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N Center St., Joliet. No partner required. For beginner classes and more information, Visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• “Richard Schmidt Art Exhibition” – Through Aug. 31, Plum Creek Nature Center, Crete. Exhibit hours are: 10 a.m. to noon, Tuesdays to Saturdays; noon to 4 p.m. Sundays; closed Mondays. View oil and watercolor paintings created by the winner of the nature center’s spring art show. Schmidt of Frankfort has been painting for more than 40 years and has displayed his works in many outdoor shows and galleries. Free; all ages. VisitReconnectWithNature.org.
• Golden Agers – Noon to 4 p.m., Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. Play cards and dice. Visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Midwest Crossroad Chorus of Sweet Adelines International – 7 p.m., Trinity Christian School, 901 Shorewood Drive, Shorewood. Call 866-588-7464 or visit
• “Planting for Pollinators" registration deadline – Event is 6:30 to 8 p.m., Aug. 22, Four Rivers Environmental Education Center, Channahon. Learn which plants local pollinators are attracted to and the blooming season of each plant. Free; ages 10 or older. Register at ReconnectWithNature.org or call 815-722-9470.
• Auditions for Metropolitan Youth Symphony Orchestra's 60th Anniversary 2019-20 Season – 6 to 8:30 p.m,. Aug. 21 and Aug. 28, Lewis University, Oremus Fine Arts Center, Romeoville. To schedule an audition time, email MYSOexecutivedirector@gmail.com. Visit mysomusic.org.
• "Morning Prairie Ramble for Adults" registration deadline – Event is 8 to 9:30 a.m., Aug. 23, Four Rivers Environmental Education Center, Channahon. Learn about the flowers in bloom and the ways all life is connected in the prairie during this 1 to 2 mile hike.Free; ages 18 or older. Register at ReconnectWithNature.org or call 815-722-9470.
• Cruisin’ Frankfort – 5 to 8 p.m., Kansas & Oak Streets, downtown Frankfort. Classic cars. Visitfrankfortcarclub.org.
• Rockin' Rock Bottom Concert Series – 6 to 9 p.m., The Promenade Bolingbrook, Bolingbrook. Featuring Brass Pocket (Pretenders tribute) . Food and beverages for sale. No alcohol.
• Concert on the Hill – 6:30 p.m., Billie Limacher Bicentennial Park & Theatre, 201 W. Jefferson St., Joliet. Featuring JTHS symphonic band and Beatles Sing-A-Long. Bring your guitar, Ukulele, your voice and plan and sing along. Call 815-724-3760 or visit bicentennialpark.org.
• Trivia Night at ROXY – 6:30 to 9:30 p.m., ROXY Special Event Venue, 1017 S. State St., Lockport. $25 per person or $200 per team of eight. Includes dinner and one drink (beer, pop or water). Cash bar available. Benefits Trinity Services. Visit trinityservices.org.
• “Day of Play” – 11 a.m. to noon, Poplar Park, 870 Poplar Lane, Bolingbrook; noon to 1 p.m. Jaycee Park, 550 Lily Cache Lane, Bolingbrook; 1 to 2 p.m., Lily Cache Greenway (on Parkside Drive, west of Weber Road; 2 to 3 p.m., Heritage Park, 702 Passan Drive, Bolingbrook. Music, games, giveaways. End of summer campout begins 5 p.m. At Hidden Oaks Nature Center and ends 8 a.m. Aug. 25. Call 630-739-0272 or visit bolingbrookparks.org.
• Will County Celtic Fest – Noon to 10 p.m., St. Joe's Park, 700 Theodore St., Joliet. Visitwillcountycelticfest.com.
• Bill Mathis, author – 1 p.m., SOS Children’s Village, 17545 Village Lane, Lockport. Mathis, a former longtime Lockport resident and coordinator at SOS Children’s Villages Illinois, will introduce his latest novel, "The Rooming House Diaries – Life, Love & Secrets," which is historical fiction. Mathis will also lead a mini-writing workshop for youth and adults immediately following the launch. Visit billmathiswriteretc.com.
• 2nd Annual Great Joliet Prison Break In – 4 to 11 p.m., Joliet. 21 and up. Featuring The Ides of March, Hot Mess, Great Moments in Vinyl and The Nikki Hill Band. $40 per person.Purchase at jolietprison.org(includes Eventbrite fees). Or purchase without fees in person at the Joliet Area Historical Museum during their regular hours. Tickets purchased at the museum must be paid with cash or check.
• Concerts on the Green – 6:30 to 8 p.m., Breidert Green. downtown Frankfort. Free. Visit frankfortcarclub.org.
• Summer Arts Series’ Adirondack Chairs to be Available through Auction – 4 to 8 p.m., Final Cruisin’ Into Lockport Classic Car Show, Central Square, 222 E. 9th St., Lockport. Starting bids listed at $50. Entertainment by June’s Got the Cash, a Johnny Cash and June Carter Cover band. View chairs at cityoflockport.net/711/adirondack-chairs. For information, contact Jodi Herman at 815- 838-0549 x2102 or firstname.lastname@example.org.