• Woodworking Club – 9 to noon and 1 to 3 p.m., Thursdays, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Line Dancing: Advanced – 10 to 11:30 a.m; also Fridays, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N Center St., Joliet. No partner required. For beginner classes and more information, Visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Summer Arts Series’ Adirondack Chairs to be Available through Auction – 4 to 8 p.m., Final Cruisin’ Into Lockport Classic Car Show, Central Square, 222 E. 9th St., Lockport. Starting bids listed at $50. Entertainment by June’s Got the Cash, a Johnny Cash and June Carter Cover band. View chairs at cityoflockport.net/711/adirondack-chairs. For information, contact Jodi Herman at 815- 838-0549 x2102 or firstname.lastname@example.org.• Concerts on the Green – 6:30 to 8 p.m., Breidert Green. downtown Frankfort. Free. Visit frankfortcarclub.org.
• “Richard Schmidt Art Exhibition” – Through Aug. 31, Plum Creek Nature Center, Crete. Exhibit hours are: 10 a.m. to noon, Tuesdays to Saturdays; noon to 4 p.m. Sundays; closed Mondays. View oil and watercolor paintings created by the winner of the nature center’s spring art show. Schmidt of Frankfort has been painting for more than 40 years and has displayed his works in many outdoor shows and galleries. Free; all ages. Visit ReconnectWithNature.org.
• Tuesdays on Talcott: Lemont Farmers Market – 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Stephen Street and Talcott Avenue, Lemont.
• Golden Agers – Noon to 4 p.m., Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. Play cards and dice. Visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Midwest Crossroad Chorus of Sweet Adelines International – 7 p.m., Trinity Christian School, 901 Shorewood Drive, Shorewood. Call 866-588-7464 or visit
• Frankfort Fall festival – Through Sept. 2, Frankfort. For times and events, visit http://www.villageoffrankfort.com/calendar
• Auditions for Metropolitan Youth Symphony Orchestra's 60th Anniversary 2019-20 Season – 6 to 8:30 p.m,. Lewis University, Oremus Fine Arts Center, Romeoville. To schedule an audition time, email MYSOexecutivedirector@gmail.com. Visit mysomusic.org.
• Rockin' Rock Bottom Concert Series – 6 to 9 p.m., The Promenade Bolingbrook, Bolingbrook. Featuring Hair Band (80s metal) . Food and beverages for sale. No alcohol.
• Concert on the Hill – 6:30 p.m., Billie Limacher Bicentennial Park & Theatre, 201 W. Jefferson St., Joliet. Season finale. Featuring JTHS orchestra and Joliet American Legion Band. Call 815-724-3760 or visit bicentennialpark.org.
• 'Rock the Woods' music and food combo – 6 to 9 p.m., McKinley Woods – Kerry Sheridan Grove in Channahon. Food trucks: Grumpy Gaucho, Lil' Deb's and Beach Bums Tropical Sno. Classic to current music by Infinity. Free admission. Visit ReconnectWithNature.org.
• Ace Race registration deadline – Event is Sept. 15. Check-in is 10 a.m. Event begins 11 a.m., The Oaks Disc Golf Course, 10847 La Porte Road, Mokena. All players will throw the same model disc. Participants will play at least 36 holes, one throw per hole, per player. All ages and abilities. $30. Call Mokena Park District at 708-390-2401.