• Nutrition Lunch – 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.; also Aug. 19, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. Nutrition lunch program provided by Meals on Wheels Nutrition Department of Will County. Available every Monday. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Northern Illinois Food Bank Mobile Pantry – 5 to 7 p.m., Village Christian Church, 8965 South Bell Road, Minooka. Visit solvehungertoday.org.
• Tuesdays on Talcott: Lemont Farmers Market – 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Stephen Street and Talcott Avenue, Lemont.
• Meal Planning Program – 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., New Lenox Public Library, 120 Veterans Parkway, New Lenox. Meal prep, freezer meals, slow cooker and Instant Pot. Also healthy menu ideas and creating lunches for school children. To register, call 815-485-2605 or visit newlenoxlibrary.org.
• The Promenade Bolingbrook Street Market – 4 to 9 p.m., The Promenade, 631 E. Boughton Road, Bolingbrook. Fresh fruits and vegetables and eclectic mix of decorative objects, art, jewelry, fashion and more. Grab and go food and drink also available for purchase. The street market has also expanded onto Hemingway Trail, located between Barnes & Nobles and Francesca's restaurant.
• Frankfort Lions Wurst Fest – 6 to 10:30 a.m., The Garden in downtown Frankfort. German food, beer and entertainment that evening to kick-off the Frankfort Fall Fest. $20 for two adults and a chance to win a raffle prize prior to the event; $25 at the door for two adults and a chance to win a raffle prize. Visit frankfortlionsclub.com.
• Sweet Treats Cookbook Club – 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., White Oak Library District, 20670 Len Kubinski Drive, Crest Hill. This month: "Sweet: Our Best Cupcakes, Cookies, Candy, and More by the Editors of the Food Network Magazine." Call 815-552-4280, email Faith Healy at email@example.com or visit whiteoaklibrary.org.
• Fish Fry – 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.; also 4 to 8 p.m. Saturdays, Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 E. Cass St., Joliet. Fish, chicken and shrimp. Carryout. Call 815-723-3827.
• Fish Fry – 4 to 7:30 p.m., Cantigny VFW Post 367, 826 Horseshoe Drive, Joliet. Call 815-722-5398.
• Pork Chop and Chicken Dinner – 4 to 7 p.m., Croatian Cultural Club, 1503 Clement St., Joliet. Pork chops or chicken dinner with mashed potatoes and gravy, coleslaw, bread and butter. Desserts available. Music starts at 7:30 p.m. Carryout available. Call 815-723-3154.
• Fish Fry – 5 p.m., Harry E. Anderson VFW Post 9545, 323 Old Hickory Road, New Lenox. Call 815-485-8369 or visit vfwpost9545.org.