• Frankfort Fall festival – Through Sept. 2, Frankfort. For times and events, visit villageoffrankfort.com/calendar
• “Living History Demonstration" – Noon to 3 p.m., Isle a la Cache Museum, Romeoville. Meet cooks, seamstresses, voyageurs, soldiers or craftsmen from the 18th-century fur trade era. Free. All ages. Visit ReconnectWithNature.org.
• 7th Annual Fun Fair – Noon to 4 p.m. (starts after the Labor Day parade), St. Paul’s United Church of Christ, 140 Thelma St., Manhattan. Call 815-478-4900.
• Tuesdays on Talcott: Lemont Farmers Market – 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Stephen Street and Talcott Avenue, Lemont.
• Morning Movie – 10 a.m. to noon, Mokena Community Public Library District, 11327 W 195th St., Mokena. "Braveheart." Call 708-479-9663 or visit mokenalibrary.org.
• Golden Agers – Noon to 4 p.m., Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. Play cards and dice. Visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• (art) INSPIRED! live lit, Public Landing Restaurant, Lockport. Melodic melodies of Mike Zigrossi at 6:30 p.m. Storytellers at 7 p.m. They are Lisa Colleen, Amy Curtis, Tom Hernandez, Kyna Lenhof and Huy Nguyen. Visit inspiredlivelit.com.
• Midwest Crossroad Chorus of Sweet Adelines International – 7 p.m., Trinity Christian School, 901 Shorewood Drive, Shorewood. Call 866-588-7464 or visit
• Three Rivers Gardening Angels Monthly Meeting – 7 p.m., Channahon United Methodist Church, 24751 W. Eames St. Channahon. Guest speaker: Cindy Tylee. Topic: “Tips for the lazy gardener." Refreshments. Guests and new members are welcome. Visit the Three Rivers Gardening Angels Facebook page.
• Bingo, Cards and Games Grand Opening – Lockport Township Supervisor's Office, 1463 S. Farrell Road, Lockport. Bingo from 9 to 11 a.m. Lunch and entertainment with Karen Isberg Sorbero provided by Meals on Wheels from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. For information and to RSVP, call 815-726-0094.
• Three Rivers Book Club – 7 p.m., Arrowhead Community Center, Channahon. Call 815-467-6200.
• Draw to ID Fall Flowers" registration deadline – Event is 10 a.m.to noon, Sept. 7, Plum Creek Nature Center, Crete Townships. Identify your favorite flower by sketching and using a field guide. You don’t have to be an artist to participate. Bring wildflower guide, a hand lens and a camp chair or a mat for sitting on the ground. Free; ages 16 or older. Register at ReconnectWithNature.org or call 708-946-2216.
• Apply to Work at HellsGate Haunted House – 4 to 8 p.m.; also noon to 4 p.m., Sept. 7, HellsGate Haunted House, 3101 Canal St., Lockport. Actors, makeup artists, costumes, technicians, hospitality crew needed. Bring applicable resume and/or work samples, wear comfortable clothes to move in. Resume not required to audition. For application, visit hellsgate.com/jobs. For more information, email Aaron@zap23.com
• Rockin' Rock Bottom Concert Series – 6 to 9 p.m., The Promenade Bolingbrook, Bolingbrook. Featuring Soda (classic to current hits). Food and beverages for sale. No alcohol.
• WriteOn Joliet – 6 to 8:30 p.m., Joliet Public Library, 3395 Black Road. Adult critique group. New members and all genres welcome, as are readers looking to connect with local authors. For more information, visit www.writeonjoliet.com.
• First Friday – 7 to 9 p.m., Lincoln Landing in Lockport, along the east side of the Illinois and Michigan Canal between 8th and 9th streets. Performance by Burb'ns (rock and blues blend). Bring own food and chairs. open air bar at Public Landing Restaurant. Subject to cancellation due to weather. If in doubt about the weather, call Gallery Seven at 815-483-4310.
• Open Mic Night – 7 to 10 p.m., The EXibit Fine Art Center and Gallery,315-A Bedford Road, Morris. Free or $5 suggested donation. Coffee, water and popcorn provided. Visit exibit.org.
• Opera Scenes – 7 p.m., Joliet West Auditorium, 401 N. Larkin Ave., Joliet. Five student-led performances: "Così Fan Tutte," "Don Giovanni," "Le Nozze di Figaro," "Hansel and Gretel" and "Romeo and Juliet." $5 at door..
• Improv Uncorked – 7 to 9 p.m., Billie Limacher Bicentennial Park and Theater, 201 W. Jefferson St., Joliet.
• Fall Mum Sale – 8 to 10 a.m. or until sold out, Lockport American Legion Auxiliary John Olson Unit 18. Variety of colors. $10 each. Benefits local veterans.
• Timbers Annual Car and Bike Show – Noon to 4 p.m., Timbers of Shorewood front parking lot, 1100 N. River Road, Shorewood. Registration begins 10 a.m. Free to show cars and bikes. Purchase food from Happy Belly Catering and Nothing Bundt Cakes. Have A Heart Dog Rescue & Adoption with rescued dogs available for adoption. Visit timbersofshorewood.com or call 815-609-0669.
• Wendy’s Cruisers – 5 to 9 p.m., Wendy’s, Morris. Weather permitting. Antique vehicles, live music, Contact Ken at 815-942-2032 or email@example.com.
• Mokena Writers’ Guild – 6 to 8 p.m., Mokena Community Public Library District, 11327 W 195th St., Mokena. Constructive, non-judgmental critiquing of your works. Call 708-479-9663.