• Artwork by contemporary artists as well as the Lewis University student Senior Capstone Art Exhibition – 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily through Sept. 20, Lewis University,Oremus Fine Arts Center, Brent and Jean Wadsworth Family Gallery, Romeoville. Email Natalie Swain, art gallery coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Self-paced 'Woods Walk' program – Through Nov. 30, Hikers who complete seven of 10 designated trails at the Forest Preserve District of Will County will receive a collector’s medal. This year's trail trips vary in length from 0.7 to 3.47 miles. For information and log, visit bit.ly/woodswalk2019.
• Wendy’s Cruisers – 5 to 9 p.m.; also Sept. 16, Wendy’s, Morris. Weather permitting. Antique vehicles, live music, Contact Ken at 815-942-2032 or email@example.com.
• Trivia Night at Doc’s Smokehouse! – 7 to 9 p.m., Doc’s Smokehouse, 19081 Old Lagrange Rd #105, Mokena. Come alone or as a team. To register, call 708-479-9663 or vis
• Golden Agers – Noon to 4 p.m., Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. Play cards and dice. Visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Jammie Jams 6:30 to 7 p.m., New Lenox Public Library 120 Veterans Parkway New Lenox. Story and craft. Kids may wear pajamas. Ages 2 to 8 with caregiver. Drop-in. Call 815-485-2605 or visit newlenoxlibrary.org.
• Midwest Crossroad Chorus of Sweet Adelines International – 7 p.m., Trinity Christian School, 901 Shorewood Drive, Shorewood. Call 866-588-7464 or visit
• Mary Shelley: Love and Frankenstein – 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., White Oak Library District, 20670 Len Kubinski Dr, Crest Hill. Storyteller and actress Megan Wells gives a one-woman performance as Mary Shelley. Hear about the author's childhood, her relationship with poet Percy Bysshe Shelley and her novel "Frankenstein." Adults. Register at whiteoaklibrary.org or contact Erin Dedin at 815-552-4286 firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Itty Bitty Art – 10 to 10:30 a.m., Shorewood-Troy Library, 650 Deerwood Drive, Shorewood. Explore the sensory side of art. For kids who are walking through age 2 and their caregivers. Call 815-725-1715 or visit shorewoodtroylibrary.org.
• Teen Craft: DIY Harry Potter Mini Book Charms – 6 to 7:30 p.m., White Oak Library district, 121 E. 8th St., Lockport. Supplies provided. Register at whiteoaklibrary.org or contact Maisie Iven at 815-552-4255 or email@example.com.
• Reception for Cornerstone Artists – Gallery Seven, Gaylord Building, 200 W. 8th St., Lockport. Photography, painting, fabric arts, basket weaving, and sculpture. All artwork offered is for sale. Free admission. Call 815-483-4310 or visit galleryseven.net.
• Plainfield Parks Enchanted Ball – 6:30 to 8 p.m., Prairie Activity & Rec. Ctr., 24550 W. Renwick Rd., Plainfield. Beauty & the Beast-themed party for kids ages 2 & up. $15R/$20NR. Visit plfdparks.org.
• Chicago Blues Angels Concert – 6:45 to 9 p.m., Joliet Area Historical Museum, 204 N. Ottawa St., Joliet. Blues, rock 'n' roll, soul music. Full beverage bar, access to museum galleries. $10 ($8 general public). Register at 815-723-5201 or jolietmuseum.org.
• Cruisin’ for Logan – 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Channahon United Methodist Church, 24751 W. Eames, Channahon. Raffles, prizes, dash plaques, goody bags. Top raffle prize is a 65-inch TV. Lunch for sale too. Entrance fee for cars and trucks is $20 each. Call 815-467-5275 or visit channahonumc.org.
• Maker Day – 1 to 4 p.m.,New Lenox Public Library, 120 Veterans Pkwy, New Lenox, Variety of interactive activities, exhibits, and demos, and have the chance to discover and explore new interests. Free. All ages.
• The Shakespeare Project of Chicago with Peter Garino – 1 to 2 p.m., Mokena Community Public Library District, 11327 W 195th St., Mokena. Free. Call 708-479-9663.
• Sports Bash: A Celebration of Champions – 6 to 10 p.m., Joliet Area Historical Museum, 204 N. Ottawa St., Joliet. National and local sport celebrities, live DJ, food, cash barm raffles. Dress in favorite team apparel. $25. Benefit collections and exhibits department and future permanent Joliet Area Sports Hall of Fame Exhibit. Register at 815-723-5201 or jolietmuseum.org.
• Plainfield Parks Community Tailgate Party – 2:30 to 6:30 p.m., Prairie Activity & Rec. Ctr., 24550 W. Renwick Rd., Plainfield. Come for a family-friendly tailgate party and watch the Bears vs. Denver game. Ages 2 and up with adult. $12R/$15NR. Visit plfdparks.org.
• Art Sale – 6 to 8 p.m., United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. Prints and oils of landscapes, seaside, barns, etc. Supports church ministries. Call 815-485-8271.
• “Autumnal Equinox Campfire registration deadline – Event is ”7:30 to 9 p.m., Sept. 18, Four Rivers Environmental Education Center, Channahon, Activities may include a campfire, songs, stories, poetry and night hike. Rain or shine. Meet at shelter. Free; ages 18 or older. Register at ReconnectWithNature.org or call 815-722-9470.