• Lake Renwick Heron Rookery – Open daily from 8 a.m. to sunet through Feb. 28. Hiking, running, bird viewing programs. Visit bit.ly/renwickreopens.
• Eat wings raise funds! – 11 a.m., Buffalo Wild Wings,11820 Illinois Route 59, Plainfield. 15% of receipt donated to Will County Humane Society,
• Children's Butterfly Pom Pom Craft – 4:40 to 5:40 p.m., Morris Area Public Library, 604 Liberty St., Morris. Call 815-942-6880 or visitmorrislibrary.com.
• Volunteer orientation – 5:30 to 7 p.m., Hopeful Tails Animal Rescue, 2303 Oak Leaf St., Joliet. Come dressed to volunteer for a short training. Wear closed-toe shoes and clothes you don’t mind getting dirty. RSVP at 779-206-2132. For information, visit www.hopefultailsanimalrescue.org.
• Cat adoption – 5 to 7 p.m.; also 1 to 3 p.m., Sunday, Bolingbrook PetSmart on Weber Road. Call Humane Haven Animal Shelter at 630-378-4208 for information or an appointment. All Humane Haven cats are spayed or neutered, microchipped, FeLV/FIV tested and have their distemper and rabies shots.
• Raptors in your Neighborhood – 7 p.m., Pilcher Park Nature Center, 2501 Highland Park Drive, Joliet. Presenter: Wings and Talons. Social hour at 6:30 p.m. Hosted by Will County Audubon Society. Free and open to the public. Visit willcountyaudubon.org.
• "Paint a Bug!”registration deadline – Event is 1-3 p.m., Sept. 14, Plum Creek Nature Center, Crete Township. Discover insects on a hike and then get crafty with some finger paints. This program is being held in conjunction with the “What’s Bugging Belva?” exhibit on display at the nature center from Sept. 1 to Nov. 30. Free; ages 5 or older. Register at ReconnectWithNature.org or call 708-946-2216.
• Bath Fundraiser – 1 to 4 p.m., Hopeful Tails Animal Rescue, 2303 Oak Leaf St., Joliet. For prices and information, visit the rescue on Facebook or visit www.hopefultailsanimalrescue.org.