• Grace Kelly –American Princess – Public Landing Restaurant, 200 W. 8th St., Lockport. Doors open at 11:15 a.m., plated lunch and unlimited champagne cocktails served promptly at 11:30 a.m. $48. Show-only package includes the show about Grace Kelly's life by historian and actress Leslie Goddard and cash bar. Doors open 12:15 p.m. Show starts 12.30 p.m. $30. Purchase by call 815-838-6500 or stopping in.
• Nutrition Lunch – 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.; also Sept. 23, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. Nutrition lunch program provided by Meals on Wheels Nutrition Department of Will County. Available every Monday. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Northern Illinois Food Bank Mobile Pantry – 4 to 6 p.m., St. Lawrence Catholic Church, 135 E Rice Road, South Wilmington. Visit solvehungertoday.org.
• Tuesdays on Talcott: Lemont Farmers Market – 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Stephen Street and Talcott Avenue, Lemont.
• Health Watchers Nutrition Group – 4 to 5:15 p.m., The Cancer Support Center, 19657 S. LaGrange Road, Mokena. Probiotics, immune-boosting foods and simple ways to meal plan. Sampling of a new one-pot meal each program. Presented by Chris Rosandich, nutrition educator and Beth Bogan. To register and for information, call 708-478-3529 or visit CancerSupportCenter.org.
• “Instant Pot Cooking” program – 6:30 to 8 p.m., White Oak Library District, 121 E. 8th St., Lockport. Library director Scott Pointon will show how to make Thai curry dishes, pork carnitas and chili. Samples offered. Adults. Register at 815-552-4260 or visit whiteoaklibrary.org.
• Fish Fry – 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.; also 4 to 8 p.m. Saturdays, Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 E. Cass St., Joliet. Fish, chicken and shrimp. Carryout. Call 815-723-3827.
• Fish Fry – 5 p.m., Harry E. Anderson VFW Post 9545, 323 Old Hickory Road, New Lenox. Call 815-485-8369 or visit vfwpost9545.org.
• Oktoberfest – 4 to 8 p.m., Sept. 21, St. Edward's and Christ Episcopal Church, Christ Campus', 2400 (formerly10422, check out both on your GPS) Grove Road, Joliet. Al a carte German food: brats, homemade sauerkraut, German potato salad, hot dogs for the kids, soft drinks. Carryout available. Free admission. Also beer tent (21 and up), s'mores at the fire pit (kids), silent auction. pumpkin decorating. Call 815-725-6800.
• Annual Pork Dinner – 4:45 to 7 p.m., Wilton Center Federated Church, 14101 W. Joliet Road, Manhattan. Roast pork, dressing, real mashed potatoes, gravy, coleslaw, cranberry relish, veggies, rolls and home baked pies. $10 for adults and $4 for children (5 to 10 years and under 5 free). Carryout available. Tickets at door or call 815-207-0736 or 708-953-6094.
• Picnic on the Patio – Dinner served at 5 p.m. Silverstrings Trio at 6 p.m. Coal City United Methodist Church, 6805 E. McArdle Road, Coal City. Choice of brat or hot dog, chips, coleslaw, baked beans, dessert, lemonade, ice tea, water. $15. Lawn chairs and blankets welcome.
• Frankfort Country Market – 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Kansas and Oak streets, Frankfort. variety of fresh produce, prepared foods, plants and specialty products locally grown. Special events and demos throughout the season.Visit villageoffrankfort.com.
• 4th Annual Festival of Culture – 5 to 7 p.m., Jacob Henry Mansion Victorian Ballroom, 15 E. Richards St., Joliet. Various vendors will provide food and drink so that guests can sample delicacies from around the globe. $25. Purchase from Karen Pastell or Beth Colvin. Karen Pastell at 815-981-2751 or Beth Colvin at 815-386-7022. Visit.jolietzonta.com.