• First Day Rosh Hashanah Service – 9:30 a.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Second day Rosh Hashanah Service is 9:30 a.m., Oct. 1. 815-741-4600 or visit jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• 40 Days for Life at St. Mary Nativity Church – Noon, Mondays, through Oct. 28, St. Mary Nativity, 706 N. Broadway, Joliet. Weekly prayer vigil. Laurie Pottorff at 815-370-4533 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Mary Margaret’s Rosary Group – 4 p.m.; also Oct. 7, St. Mary Nativity Church, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet. Call 815-726-4031.
• Bible Study – 9:30 a.m., St. Mary Nativity Church, Nativity Room, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet. Call 815-726-4031
• Celebrate Recovery – 6 p.m., Restoration Christian Church, 114 Channahon St., Shorewood. Bible-based teachings and music. Men and women in separate groups. Free and open to the public. For information, call Mike Vollmer at 815-545-6522 or visit rccnow.org.
• Families United Overcoming Addiction-Substance Use Disorders – 7 to 8:30 p.m., Community Christian Church, 24035 Riverwalk Court, Plainfield. For more information, email Sheree Stilwell at email@example.com.
• Circle of Love – 9 a.m. to noon, First United Methodist Church, 1000 S. Washington, Lockport. Provides diapers and feminine hygiene products which cannot be purchased through the government assistance program. For more information, call 815-838-1017 or visit 1umclockport.org.
• Grief Support Group – 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. or 6:30 to 8 p.m., through Nov. 13, St. Mary Nativity, , 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet. Confidential. Call Pat at 815-723-7141.
• Youth Small Group Ministry – 6 to 7:30 p.m., Wednesdays, Channahon United Methodist Church, 24751 W. Eames, Channahon. Grades five through 12. Bible discussion, group activities. For information, call 815-467-5275 or visit channahonumc.org
• Kidz Club – 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Wednesdays, Channahon United Methodist Church, 24751 W. Eames, Channahon. Preschool to fourth grade. Bible lesson, crafts, games. Light snack. For information call 815-467-5275 or visit channahonumc.org.
• Orthodox Study classes – 7 p.m., St. Nicholas Orthodox Church, 1000, Barber Lane, Joliet. Orthodox and non-Orthodox welcome. Led by Led by Rev. Mykola Bodnarchuk, pastor, who has a doctorate in theology from St. Petersburg Theological Academy. First and third Wednesdays of the month. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Pray with the Franciscan Friars – 8 a.m. (morning prayer) and 5:30 p.m. (evening prayer) Monday through Friday, St. John the Baptist friary, Joliet. For information, call Brother Ed at 217-316-4335.
• Lunch and Learn – Noon to 1:30 p.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Torah study. $5. RSVP at 815-741-4600. Visit jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• St. Mary Immaculate’s Council of Catholic Women (CCW) – 12:30 p.m., St. Mary Immaculate Parish, Faith Sharing and Harvester rooms, 15629 S. Route 59, Plainfield. Speaker: Jana Minor, founder of Companions Journeying Together, Inc. will discuss prison ministry. Minor's group has provided support to incarcerated individuals and families in the Chicagoland area for over 30 years. Bring $2 per book to purchase children's books for the prison ministry. Also prayer, fellowship and dessert. Contact Mary Jeanne Pazin at 708-606-7515 or email@example.com.
• “The Center – 6:30 to 9 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, 805 Western Ave., Joliet. Free food, games and hang time for teens. Call or text 815-474-2569, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit thecenterjoliet.org or Facebook.com/thecenterjoliet.
• Family night – 6:45 to 8 p.m., Crystal Lawns Church of the Nazarene, 2424 Caton Farm Road, Joliet. For information, call 815-436-3380.
• Shabbat Services – 7 p.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Call 815-741-4600 or visit jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• St. Joseph Pro-Life Group – Join the Joliet church every Saturday through Nov. 2 to peacefully pray and stand witness outside Aurora Planned Parenthood, 3051 E. New York St., Aurora. Carpool leaves St. Joseph Church, 416 N. Chicago St., Joliet) at 9 a.m. and returns at noon or meet at the Aurora facility. Email Jim Armbruster at email@example.com
• First Saturday Devotion/Rosary – After 7:30 a.m. Mass, St. Mary Immaculate Parish, 15629 S. Route 59, Plainfield. For information, call 815-436-2651.
• Co-Dependents Anonymous – 8 to 9:30 a.m., Channahon United Methodist Church, 24751 W. Eames St., Channahon. 12-step program for healthy relationships. Call Nancy at 708-912-3056.
• First Saturday Devotion Prayers – 9 a.m., Church of St. Jude, 2212 McDonough St., Joliet. All welcome.
• Shabbat Services – 9:30 a.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Call 815-741-4600 or visitjolietjewishcongregation.com.
• Hebrew and Religious School – 9 a.m. to noon, Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Call 815-741-4600 or visit jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• Rosary for the Holy Souls in Purgatory – 9:40 a.m., St. Mary Nativity Church, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet. Call 815-726-4031.
• Healing Prayer Service – 1:30 p.m., St. Mary Immaculate Parish, 15629 S. Route 59, Plainfield. For information, call 815-436-2651.
• Contemporary Worship Service – 5 p..m.,United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. Light dinner served after service. Call 815-485-8271 or visitumcnl.com.