The American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP) supports addressing gun violence as a public health issue and compiled the following resources:
• AACAP Facts for Families, “Firearms and Children" – bit.ly/2qCdaag
• AACAP Policy Statement, “Children and Guns" – bit.ly/2m48h8I
• AACAP Facts for Families, “News and Children" – bit.ly/2OuiG8o
• AACAP Facts for Families, “Grief and Children" – bit.ly/2Dt6XFY
• AACAP Facts for Families, “Disaster: Helping Children Cope" – bit.ly/2SXDokh
• AACAP Disaster Resource Center – bit.ly/1g9amXa
The resources were created for those coping with loss and grief, and for those seeking to foster a dialogue with their children about regional, national, and international news events, and not intended to serve as a substitute for psychiatric treatment or counseling.
For more information, visit aacap.org.