• Count Kuhajda's Haunted Haus 2019 – 1112 N Nicholson St., Joliet. Free front and backyard walk-through haunt. 30 characters, many animated ,and a graveyard of hand-built tombstones all built by us. The front yard features traditional Halloween themes, the side yard features a demon bar with an introduction from the bartender. The backyard haunt is devoted to Universal classic films and science fiction, and also features animated house band "The Dead Beats." Kid friendly. No actors. Donations accepted for 1Pet1Vet. Visit Count Kuhajda's Haunted House on Facebook.
• Domum Diaboli Haunted House – 411 Brook Forest Ave., Shorewood. Visit Domum Diaboli Haunted House on Facebook.
• Hayride of Horror and Curse of the Bayou – 7 to 10 p.m., Fridays and Saturdays in Lockport. Hayride, outdoor movies, haunted maze. Concessions available. Tickets can be purchased at hayrideofhorror.com or curseofthebayou.com.
• Hellgate Haunted House – Lockport. Visit hellsgate.com.
• Stateville Haunted Prison – 17250 S. Weber Road, Lockport. 44 terrifying rooms, more than 200 convicts and creatures and over 40 minutes locked inside the prison. Visit statesvillehauntedprison.com.
• Self-paced 'Woods Walk' program – Through Nov. 30, Hikers who complete seven of 10 designated trails at the Forest Preserve District of Will County will receive a collector’s medal. This year's trail trips vary in length from 0.7 to 3.47 miles. For information and log, visit bit.ly/woodswalk2019.
• "The Legacy Continues" – 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily through Oct. 25, Lewis University,Oremus Fine Arts Center,Brent and Jean Wadsworth Family Gallery, Romeoville. Exhibit by Chicago Society of Artists. Email Natalie Swain, art gallery coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Photography of the late William Uznanski – Lemont Center for the Arts Gallery, 1243 State St., Suite 101, Lemont. Work spans more than 25 years. Exhibit runs through Oct. 27. Emaillemontcenterarts@gmail.comor 630-243-7375.
• Woodworking Club – 9 to noon., also Oct. 28 and 1 to 3 p.m., Thursdays, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Line Dancing: Advanced – 10 to 11:30 a.m.; also Fridays and Oct. 28, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N Center St., Joliet. No partner required. For beginner classes and more information, Visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Wendy’s Cruisers – 5 to 9 p..m; also Oct. 28, Wendy’s, Morris. Weather permitting. Antique vehicles, live music, Contact Ken at 815-942-2032 or email@example.com.
• Golden Agers – Noon to 4 p.m., Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. Play cards and dice. Visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Midwest Crossroad Chorus of Sweet Adelines International – 7 p.m., Trinity Christian School, 901 Shorewood Drive, Shorewood. Call 866-588-7464 or visit
• Art of Illinois – Gallery Seven, Gaylord Building, 200 W. 8th St., Lockport. Special exhibit by Illinois artists during month of October. For gallery hours, call 815-483-4310 or visitgalleryseven.net.
• Rickie Lee Jones – 7:30 p.m., Rialto Square Theatre, 102 N. Chicago St., Joliet. Two-time Grammy award winner and one of VH1’s 100 Greatest Women in Rock & Roll. For tickets, visit RialtoSquare.com.
• “Fall Family Campfire" registration deadline - Event is 6:30 to 8 p.m., Oct. 24, Four Rivers Environmental Education Center, Channahon. Free; all ages. Register at ReconnectWithNature.org or call 815-722-9470.
• Trunk N Treat – 6 to 7:30 p.m., First Presbyterian Church of Joliet, 805 Western Ave., Joliet. Festive cars, costumes, candy, activities, warm food, bounce house, petting zoo. Free.
• "Hysteria in Salem" – 6:30 to 7;30 p.m., White Oak Library District, 121 E. 8th St., Lockport. Nationally known actor Terry Lynch portrays Magistrate John Hathorne as he recounts the hysteria, paranoia and resulting trials that took place during the mid-17th century in Salem, Massachusetts. Register at whiteoaklibrary.org or call 815-552-4260. For more information, email Evangeline Stephenson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Little Star That Could" – 6:30 p.m., Joliet Junior College, Herbert Trackman Planetarium, 1215 Houbolt Road, Joliet. Children's show. Free. All shows at the Trackman Planetarium start with a trip through the current sky introducing the planets, stars and constellations. For information, call Art Maurer, planetarium director, at 815- 280-2601.
• “Fur, Feathers and Ferns: Bear Badge" registration deadline” – Event is 9 and 11 a.m. and 1:30 p.m., Oct. 26, Isle a la Cache Museum, Romeoville. Participants will go on a hike, learn about endangered species and search for animals and plants. This program fulfills the requirements for the Bear Scouts Fur, Feathers and Ferns Badge. Ages 8 to 9; groups only. Group rates: $25 non-profits/$50 for-profits. Register at 815-886-1467.
• Tricks and Treats – 4 to 6 p.m., Joliet Junior College, South Parking Lot 1,1215 Houbolt Road, Joliet. Under 17 must be accompanied by guardian. Moves to C-Concourse if it rains. To register, visit jjc.edu/jjc-trunk-or-treat.
• Halloween Fest – 5 to 7:30 p.m., Romeoville Recreation Center, 900 W Romeo Road, Romeoville. Trick-or-treat, costume contest (Ages: 2 to 12), pumpkin Free. pumpkins for the first 400 children. This event will be held outside, so please dress for the weather. Hosted by the Village of Romeoville.
• Smith Family YMCA Trunk-or-Treat – 7 to 8:30 p.m., 1350 S. Briggs St., Joliet. Also games. Visit jolietmca.org.
• 22nd Annual Plainfield Band Booster Craft Show – 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; also 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Oct. 27, 4120 W. Ft Beggs Plainfield. Featuring signature baked potatoes. $3 admission. Benefits bands at all District 202 high schools. For more information, email email@example.com.
• Trunk or Treat – 10 a.m. to noon, Kansas and Oak Streets, Frankfort. Also Bucki costume parade at 10 a.m.. Visit villageoffrankfort.com/calendar.
• Wilton Center Federated Church Fall Fest – 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Wilton Center Federated Church, 14101 West Joliet Road, Manhattan. Trunk or treat, Chatastic the Balloon Twister, carnival games, cake walk and popcorn, hot dogs or barbecues, hayride. Free. Donation appreciated. Proceeds benefit 2020 Mission Trip to help with a U.S. disaster relief construction project.
• C.W. Avery Family YMCA Halloween Spooktacular – 12:30 to 3:30 p.m., 15120 Wallin Drive Plainfield. Also costume parade, bounce house, haunted house, balloon animals, temporary tattoos and a THRIVE Dance Team performance. Visit jolietmca.org.
• Haunted Hayrides – Oct. 25 and Oct. 26, Plainfield Park District, Eaton Preserve, 23601 W. 135th St., Plainfield. Family-friendly hayrides with mild scares will run from 5 to 6 p.m.Hayrides for older kids with bone-chilling scares will run from 7 to 10 p.m. Ages 2 and up. Kids 12 and under require adult chaperone. Rain or shine. For more information,
contact Misty at Bartlett@plfdparks.org.
• Monster Bash – 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.,Skateland Recreation Center, 25334 W Eames St., Channahon. Black light event. Costume contest, DJ, games, snacks. Wear a costume or something that will glow under the fluorescent lights. Preregistration is encouraged but not required for this event. Grades five to eight. Visit channahonpark.org.
• JJC's 6th Annual Haunted 5K – Joliet Junior College, 1215 Houbolt Road, Joliet. 7:30 a.m. Race Day Registration/Packet Pickup; 8:30 a.m One-Mile Kids Monster Dash, 9 a.m. Haunted 5K Run and Walk. For more information, contact Jeff DeGraw at firstname.lastname@example.org or Carrie Anderson at email@example.com or visit jjc.edu/sixth-annual-haunted-5k-run-walk.
• Trunk or Treat – 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Channahon United Methodist Church, 24751 W. Eames, Channahon. All ages. Costumes encouraged for kids. Light lunch served. Free. Call 815-467-5275 or visit channahonumc.org.
• Trunk or Treat – Noon to 3 p.m., St. Mary Nativity School, Joliet. Haunted house, concessions.
• Trunk-or-Treat – 2:30 to 4 p.m.,First United Methodist Church, 401 E. Kahler Road, Wilmington. Kids can parade from trunk to trunk in costumes and collect treats and goodies. Refreshments (hot dogs & chips), fun maze, crafts, games will be available. To participate by decorating a trunk and passing out treats, call 815-476-5474.