• Toy Event 2019 – Nov. 8 through Dec. 13. Drop off gently used toys (including plush toys), books games and DVD videos to Grundy County Administration Building – 1320 Union, Morris, Coal City Public Library – 85 N. Garfield, Coal City, Morris Public Library – 604 Liberty, Morris, Minooka Three Rivers Library – 109 N. Wabena, Minooka, Channahon Three Rivers Library – 25207 W. Channahon Drive, Channahon, Fossil Ridge Library – 386 W. Kennedy Road, Braidwood. Call 815-941-3228.
• Toys for Tots – Drop off new toys at in Channahon: Channahon Fire Station, Coldwell Banker-Honig Bell, Kidz Korner Day Care, Kiddie Kampus Day Care and Loders Croklaan; and in Minooka: Minooka Fire Station. Dimensions Barbers and Solon and Minooka High School (south campus). Or mail check to Toys for Tots Foundation, U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Center, Company E, 4th Reconnaissance Bn, 2711 McDonough St., Joliet, Illinois, 60436. To register to receive toys, call 815-773-9960 or visit toysfortots.org.
• Childerguild Gift Shop at Silver Cross Hospital – 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.; also Nov. 5, New Lenox. Christmas merchandise on display, Mrs. Claus, cookies, hot cider
• Woodworking Club – 9 to noon and 1 to 3 p.m., Thursdays, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Line Dancing: Advanced – 10 to 11:30 a.m.; also Fridays, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N Center St., Joliet. No partner required. For beginner classes and more information, Visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Wendy’s Cruisers – 5 to 9 p..m; also Nov. 11, Wendy’s, Morris. Weather permitting. Antique vehicles, live music, Contact Ken at 815-942-2032 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Golden Agers – Noon to 4 p.m., Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. Play cards and dice. Visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• (art) INSPIRED! live lit Birthday Bash– 6:30 p.m., Public Landing Restaurant, 200 W. 8th St., Lockport. Music begins at 6:30 with musician Nancy Heffernan followed by five storytellers: Lisa Colleen, Val Gee, Victoria Reeves, Mike Speller, and Kim Vanbiesbrouck. Visit inspiredlivelit.com.
• Midwest Crossroad Chorus of Sweet Adelines International – 7 p.m., Trinity Christian School, 901 Shorewood Drive, Shorewood. Call 866-588-7464 or visit
• Self-paced 'Woods Walk' program – Through Nov. 30, Hikers who complete seven of 10 designated trails at the Forest Preserve District of Will County will receive a collector’s medal. This year's trail trips vary in length from 0.7 to 3.47 miles. For information and log, visitbit.ly/woodswalk2019.
• Golden Age Club – Noon to 2 p.m., 1811 S. Lawrence Ave, Lockport. Buffet lunch followed by Bingo. Age 50 and up. $12 at door. Bingo cards extra. Call 815-838-1183.
• St. Patrick Luncheon Card Party – Noon, Wilton Center Community Building, 14355, W, Joliet Road, Manhattan. $8 at door. Also door prizes, 50/50 raffle.
• LEGO Forces of Nature – 5 to 6 p.m., Thursdays, through Dec. 19, Program Center, 10925 La Porte Road, Mokena. Explore natural phenomenon. Ages 5 to 10. Call 708-390-2401 or visit mokenapark.com.
• WriteOn Joliet – 6 to 8:30 p.m., Joliet Public Library, 3395 Black Road. Adult critique group. New members and all genres welcome, as are readers looking to connect with local authors. For more information, visit writeonjoliet.com.
• "We Go to the Moon" – 6:30 p.m., Joliet Junior College, Herbert Trackman Planetarium, 1215 Houbolt Road, Joliet. Free. Children's show. All shows at the Trackman Planetarium start with a trip through the current sky introducing the planets, stars and constellations. For information, call Art Maurer, planetarium director, at 815- 280-2601.
• Joliet Ski Club – 7 p.m., Knights of Columbus, 00 S, 129th Infantry Dr, Joliet. Spots open for the BANFF, Alberta trip in February and Chestnut in March. Visit jolietskiclub.org.
• Radium Girls – 7 p.m.; also Nov. 8 and Nov. 9; and 2 p.m. Nov. 10, Lockport Auditorium, East Campus.1333 E. 7th St., Lockport. $7 (adults and non-LTHS students), $5 (seniors and age 12 and under) and Free for LTHS students with ID and seniors with gold card. bit.ly/lLTHSGoldCardMember). For tickets, visit lths.org or showtix4u.com. For information, call 815-588-8490 or contact Laura Gilbert, director, at 815.588.8544 or email@example.com.
• "Artist Nikkole Huss, M.F.A" – 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily through Nov. 22, Lewis University,Oremus Fine Arts Center,Brent and Jean Wadsworth Family Gallery, Romeoville. Gallery talk 7 to 9 p.m. Nov. 21. Email Natalie Swain, art gallery coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• “Morning Movies" – 9 to 11 a.m. Friday, Nov. 8, Four Rivers Environmental Education Center, Channahon. Coffee and the informative film, “Prairie Tides – Discover Illinois & Michigan Canal History," followed by a naturalist-led discussion. Free; all ages. Visit ReconnectWithNature.org.
• Superhero Fun for Moms and Sons – 6:30 to 8 p.m., Prairie Activity & Recreation Center (PARC), 24550 W. Renwick Road, Plainfield. Ages 3 and up with responsible adult. plfdparks.org.
• The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee” – Also Nov. 9, Lincoln-Way East High School, Fine Arts Center, Frankfort. For tickets and information, visit bit.ly/LWEticket.
• "Frozen Jr." – 7:30 p.m.; also 3 and 6 p.m., Nov 9; and d3 p.m., Nov. 10, Lockport Township Building, 1463 Farrell Road, Lockport. Tickets available Allegro’s Lemont Studio, 315 Canal St. or by calling 630-257-6964.
• Social Ballroom Dancing registration deadline – 7 to 8 p.m. (Level 1) or 8 to 9 p.m. (Level II), The Oaks Recreation & Fitness Center, 10847 LaPorte Road, Mokena. Instructor approval required for Level II. Age 18 and up.. Call 708-390-2401 or visit mokenapark.com.
• Antique and Vintage Holiday Sale – 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Barber and Oberwortmann Horticulture Center, 225 N Gougar Road, Joliet. 28 vendors will be present. Call 815-741-7278.
• Creativity at Cantigny – 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Cantigny VFW, Post 367, 826 Horseshoe Drive, Joliet. Free admission.
• Hope's Holiday Bazaar – 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Hope Lutheran Church, 305 E. Black Road
Shorewood. Approximately 30 crafters and vendors. Deadline to submit application is Oct. 27. $25 per 8-foot table. Call 815-741-2428,
• St. Mary Immaculate Handmade Holiday Market – 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., 15629 S Route 59
Plainfield. Crafter applications due Oct.16. 90-plus crafters. Vendor application due by Oct. 16. Email Smiholidaymarket@gmail.com.
• Stockings for our Troops – 9 a.m., The Oaks Recreation & Fitness Center, 10847 W. La Porte Road, Mokena. Stockings and craft supplies provided. Call 708-390-2401 or visit mokenapark.com.
• Fall Festival Craft Show and Beef Dinner – 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., Immanuel Evangelical. Lutheran Church of Mokena, Heritage Hall, 10731 W. LaPorte Road, Mokena. Hosted by the Ruth Society of Immanuel Ev. Lutheran Church of Mokena. Admission to the craft show is free for the public. The all-day bazaar will include needlecrafts, gift items, Country Kitchen, pet items, baked goods and holiday decorations. A roast beef dinner, with all the trimmings, will be served from 4 to 6:30 p.m. by members of the congregation. Tickets are $13 for adults, $4 for age 6 to 12. Kids age 5 or younger are free. Carryout available. For more information, call the church at 708-479-5600.
• Fleetwood Mac: the Chain... Broken” – 2 to 3 p.m., White Oak Library District, 121 8th St., Lockport. Presenter: Professor of music history, Gary Wenstrup shares how failed romantic relationships fueled and inspired the timeless classics of Fleetwood Mac. Registration at whiteoaklibrary.org or call 815-552-4260. For information, contact Kelsey Flynn at email@example.com.
• Cat & Nat: #MOMTRUTHS Live– 7 p.m., Rialto Square Theatre, 102 N. Chicago St., Joliet. Hilarious real-life moms bring their hit podcast to the Rialto Square Theatre for a live taping tickets, visit RialtoSquare.com.
• Little Explorers registration deadline – Event is 10 to 11:30 a.m., Nov. 13, Four Rivers Environmental Education Center, Channahon. April's theme: beavers. Hands-on activities. Ages 3 to 5. Free. Register at ReconnectWithNature.org or call 815-722-9470.