• Holiday Food Basket for December Holiday – The Will County Center for Community Concerns will be providing Holiday Food Baskets for 125 income eligible families with children 16 years of age and under and who are not receiving a food basket from another agency. Basket includes food for a holiday meal and a new coat, hat and mittens for each child in the household. Sign-up begins Oct.1. Call 815- 722-0722.
• Thanksgiving Food Drive – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and 9 a.m. to noon Saturdays. Molloy Agency, 816 West Laraway Road, New Lenox.
• Eat wings raise funds! – All day. Buffalo Wild Wings,11820 Illinois Route 59, Plainfield. 15% of receipt donated to Friends of the Library (Plainfield Public Library District). Must dine-in and mention fundraiser.
• Nutrition Lunch – 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.; also Nov. 11, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. Nutrition lunch program provided by Meals on Wheels Nutrition Department of Will County. Available every Monday. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Northern Illinois Food Bank Mobile Pantry – 4 to 6 p.m., New Hope Baptist Church 509 E. Briarcliff Road, Bolingbrook. For information and resources, visit solvehungertoday.org.
• Senior Coffee – 9:30 to 10:30 a.m., Shorewood-Troy Public Library, 650 Deerwood Drive, Shorewood. Networking refreshments. Visit shorewoodtroylibrary.orgor call 815-725-1715.
• Senior Coffee – 10:30 a.m. to noon, New Lenox Public Library, 120 Veterans Parkway
New Lenox. Learn about upcoming library events. Age 55 and up. Call 815-485-2605 or visitnewlenoxlibrary.org.
• Bingo and Bites – 11 a.m. to noon, Big Pauly’s Wood Fired Pizza, 15412 S. Route 59, Unit 114, Plainfield. Adults. Call 815-436-6639 or visit plainfieldpubliclibrary.org.
• Sweet and Savory Book Club – 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., White Oak Library District, 20670 Len Kubinski Drive, Crest Hill. This month: "Pull Up a Chair: Recipes from My Family to Yours" by Tiffani Thiessen. 815-552-4280, email Faith Healy at firstname.lastname@example.org or visitwhiteoaklibrary.org.
• Cooking Demo: Autumn Salads and Sides – 7 to 8:30 p.m., Fountaindale Public Library District, 300 W. Briarcliff Road, Bolingbrook. Recipes and samples provided. Adults. Call 630-759-2102 or visit fountaindale.org.
• Fish Fry – 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.; also 4 to 8 p.m. Saturdays, Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 E. Cass St., Joliet. Fish, chicken and shrimp. Carryout. Call 815-723-3827.
• Fish Fry – 4 to 7:30 p.m., Croatian Cultural Club, 1503 Clement St., Joliet. Baked or fried cod, shrimp, catfish or chicken breast served with tossed salad, French fries or parsley potatoes along with bread and butter. Carryout available. Music starts 7:30 p.m. Call 815-723-3154.
• Fish Fry – 5 p.m., Harry E. Anderson VFW Post 9545, 323 Old Hickory Road, New Lenox. Call 815-485-8369 or visit vfwpost9545.org.
• Pancake Breakfast with Santa – 8 a.m. to noon, Joliet Moose Lodge. Pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage, juice, milk and coffee. $6 at door. Raffle of a 32 inch LED TV. Benefits Joliet Noon Lions local eyeglass and hearing aid programs.
• Veteran Appreciation Breakfast – 8:30 to 10:30 a.m., Stone City Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 2199, 124 Stone City Drive, Joliet. Hosted by Will County-area legislators, including state Rep. Larry Walsh, Jr., D-Elwood. For veterans and their families. Free. RSVP at 815-730-8600.
• Veterans Day Complimentary Meal – 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Texas Roadhouse, 3151 Tonti Drive, Joliet. All veterans can choose one of 10 entrees. For more information, visitwww.texasroadhouse.com.