• Toy Event 2019 – Nov. 8 through Dec. 13. Drop off gently used toys (including plush toys), books games and DVD videos to Grundy County Administration Building – 1320 Union, Morris, Coal City Public Library – 85 N. Garfield, Coal City, Morris Public Library – 604 Liberty, Morris, Minooka Three Rivers Library – 109 N. Wabena, Minooka, Channahon Three Rivers Library – 25207 W. Channahon Drive, Channahon, Fossil Ridge Library – 386 W. Kennedy Road, Braidwood. Call 815-941-3228.
• Toys for Tots – Drop off new toys at in Channahon: Channahon Fire Station, Coldwell Banker-Honig Bell, Kidz Korner Day Care, Kiddie Kampus Day Care and Loders Croklaan; and in Minooka: Minooka Fire Station. Dimensions Barbers and Solon and Minooka High School (south campus). Or mail check to Toys for Tots Foundation, U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Center, Company E, 4th Reconnaissance Bn, 2711 McDonough St., Joliet, Illinois, 60436. To register to receive toys, call 815-773-9960 or visittoysfortots.org.
• "Artist Nikkole Huss, M.F.A" – 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily through Nov. 22, Lewis University,Oremus Fine Arts Center,Brent and Jean Wadsworth Family Gallery, Romeoville. Gallery talk 7 to 9 p.m. Nov. 21. Email Natalie Swain, art gallery coordinator, at email@example.com.
• Self-paced 'Woods Walk' program – Through Nov. 30, Hikers who complete seven of 10 designated trails at the Forest Preserve District of Will County will receive a collector’s medal. This year's trail trips vary in length from 0.7 to 3.47 miles. For information and log, visitbit.ly/woodswalk2019.
• Little Explorers registration deadline – Event is 10 to 11:30 a.m., Nov. 13, Four Rivers Environmental Education Center, Channahon. April's theme: beavers. Hands-on activities. Ages 3 to 5. Free. Register atReconnectWithNature.orgor call 815-722-9470.
• Golden Agers – Noon to 4 p.m., Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. Play cards and dice. Visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Midwest Crossroad Chorus of Sweet Adelines International – 7 p.m., Trinity Christian School, 901 Shorewood Drive, Shorewood. Call 866-588-7464 or visit
• "Theresa Caputo Live " – 7:30 p.m.; also Nov. 15, Rialto Square Theatre, 102 N. Chicago St., Joliet. Long Island medium, will share personal stories about her life, explain how her gift works and deliver healing messages to audience members Tickets at rialtosquare.comor 800-745-3000.
• “Recycled Holiday Craft Workshop” registration deadline – Event is 9 to 11:30 a.m., Nov. 16, Four Rivers Environmental Education Center, Channahon. Variety of projects. No experience necessary. All materials provided. Free; ages 16 or older. Register at ReconnectWithNature.org or call 815-722-9470.
• National Novel Writing Month "Come Write In" session – 7 to 10 p.m., Joliet Junior College library, 1215 Houbolt Road, Joliet. Call 815-280-2344 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• "Nelly" – 7:30 p.m.; also Nov. 15, Rialto Square Theatre, 102 N. Chicago St., Joliet. t Multi-platinum, Grammy Award-winning rapper.Tickets at rialtosquare.comor 800-745-3000.
• “Choosing Your Kayak” registration deadline – Event is 2 to 3 p.m., Nov. 16, Four Rivers Environmental Educational Center, Channahon. Informational program. Covers size, shape, uses, wants, needs and materials. Free; ages 16 or older. Register at ReconnectWithNature.org or call 815-722-9470.
• Friends of Sunny Hill Sunshine Holiday Gift Show and Luncheon – 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Sunny Hill Nursing Home of Will County, 421 Doris Ave., Joliet. Holiday gifts, luncheon, bake sale. For more information, call Karen at 815-347-2309 or email at email@example.com.
• "Can You Ever Forgive Me?" – 1:30 to 4 p.m., Joliet Junior College library, 1215 Houbolt Road, Joliet. Award-winning movie, starring Melissa McCarthy and Richard E. Grant, gives a glimpse of the struggles many writers face. Door prizes and refreshments. Call 815-280-2344 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Kids Movie Night – 6 to 8 p.m., Channahon United Methodist Church, 24751 W. Eames, Channahon. Craft, game, movie, popcorn and refreshments. Free. Grades six to 12. To register, call 815-467-5275 or visit www.channahonumc.org.
• WriteOn Joliet Anthology Release party – 6 to 8:30 p.m., The Book Market, 2365 Plainfield Road, Crest Hill. Meet local writers. Resources for writers Books for sale. Chef-created refreshments and coffee. For more information, visit writeonjoliet.com
• Santa Photos – Through Dec. 24, Bass Pro Shop, The Promenade, Bolingbrook.
• Busy Beavers Craft Club – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Forest Preserve District of Will County’s Isle a la Cache Museum, 501 E. Romeo Road, Romeoville. Free. Ages 12 and under. Registration not required. For information, visit ReconnectWithNature.org.
• Christmas Market – 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., 1st United Methodist Church, 1000 S. Washington, Lockport. Vendors, craft items, raffle baskets, bake sale. Free admission. For more information call 815-838-1017.
• Midwest Crossroad Chorus of Sweet Adelines International "Believe" concert – 3 p.m., Trinity Christian School, 901 Shorewood Drive, Shorewood. $15 (adults) and $10 (12 and under. Tickets online or at door. Also featuring Sidekixx Quartet, MCC Holiday Chorus and children's chorus. Call 866-588-7464 or visit
• Night of a Thousand Lights – 6 to 11 p.m., Silver Lake Country Club located at
14700 S. 82nd Ave., Orland Park. Fundraiser for the Mokena-based My Joyful Heart, which helps children in need. For tickets and information, visit myjoyfulheart.org.
• 2nd Annual Holiday Shopping Event at The Promenade Bolingbrook – 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.,
The Promenade Bolingbrook, Bolingbrook. Crafters, vendors, artisans.
• Debut of Jermaine Stegall's "Legacy" – 3 p.m., Joliet Central High School auditorium, 201 E. Jefferson St. Joliet. Guests may enter via the main entrance or the auditorium “J” doors beginning at 2 p.m. Stegall, a composer, conductor, and producer of film and television music – as well as a 1995 graduate ofJCHS composed a piecefor the JCHS symphonic band, The concert will feature the concert band performing under the direction of student-teacher Alexis Sujka and the symphonic band, under the direction of Don Stinson. Meet and greet with Stegall follows performance. Visit jths.org and jermainestegall.com.
• “Silver Sounds of the Season” – 3 p.m., Lincoln-Way East Performing Arts Center on Colorado Ave., Frankfort. Performed by the Lincoln-Way Area Chorale. St. Francis of Assisi Church in Orland Park and Childrenand Youth Choirs from St. Anthony’s Church in Frankfort will join chorale in "O Holy Night." Also stage Instrumentalists from Lincoln-Way East High School band and orchestra. $18 or $16 (seniors and students). For tickets and information, call 708-479-1863 or 815-469-1010 or visit lwac.com.
• " Jason Bonham’s Led Zeppelin Evening" – 7:30 p.m.; also Nov. 15, Rialto Square Theatre, 102 N. Chicago St., Joliet. Accomplished drummer and son of Led Zeppelin founder.Tickets at rialtosquare.comor 800-745-3000.