• Toy Event 2019 – Nov. 8 through Dec. 13. Drop off gently used toys (including plush toys), books games and DVD videos to Grundy County Administration Building – 1320 Union, Morris, Coal City Public Library – 85 N. Garfield, Coal City, Morris Public Library – 604 Liberty, Morris, Minooka Three Rivers Library – 109 N. Wabena, Minooka, Channahon Three Rivers Library – 25207 W. Channahon Drive, Channahon, Fossil Ridge Library – 386 W. Kennedy Road, Braidwood. Call 815-941-3228.
• Toys for Tots – Drop off new toys at in Channahon: Channahon Fire Station, Coldwell Banker-Honig Bell, Kidz Korner Day Care, Kiddie Kampus Day Care and Loders Croklaan; and in Minooka: Minooka Fire Station. Dimensions Barbers and Solon and Minooka High School (south campus). Or mail check to Toys for Tots Foundation, U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Center, Company E, 4th Reconnaissance Bn, 2711 McDonough St., Joliet, Illinois, 60436. To register to receive toys, call 815-773-9960 or visit toysfortots.org.
• Self-paced 'Woods Walk' program – Through Nov. 30, Hikers who complete seven of 10 designated trails at the Forest Preserve District of Will County will receive a collector’s medal. This year's trail trips vary in length from 0.7 to 3.47 miles. For information and log, visitbit.ly/woodswalk2019.
• "Artist Nikkole Huss, M.F.A" – 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily through Nov. 22, Lewis University,Oremus Fine Arts Center,Brent and Jean Wadsworth Family Gallery, Romeoville. Gallery talk 7 to 9 p.m. Nov. 21. Email Natalie Swain, art gallery coordinator, email@example.com.
• Woodworking Club – 9 to noon and 1 to 3 p.m., Thursdays, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Line Dancing: Advanced – 10 to 11:30 a.m.; also Fridays, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N Center St., Joliet. No partner required. For beginner classes and more information, Visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Wendy’s Cruisers – 5 to 9 p..m; also Nov. 25, Wendy’s, Morris. Weather permitting. Antique vehicles, live music, Contact Ken at 815-942-2032 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• "Jason Bonham’s Led Zeppelin Evening" – 7:30 p.m.; also Nov. 15, Rialto Square Theatre, 102 N. Chicago St., Joliet. Accomplished drummer and son of Led Zeppelin founder.Tickets at rialtosquare.com or 800-745-3000.
• Golden Agers – Noon to 4 p.m., Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. Play cards and dice. Visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Young Timers club – Noon to 2 p.m., Prairie Bluff Golf Club, 19433 Renwick Road, Lockport. Lunch buffet, Bingo. Ages 50 and up. $8 (advance) and $12 (at door). Bingo played with own money. To register, call 815-838-1183 or visitlockportpark.org.
• Midwest Crossroad Chorus of Sweet Adelines International – 7 p.m., Trinity Christian School, 901 Shorewood Drive, Shorewood. Call 866-588-7464 or visit
• “Riverside Farmstead by Lantern" registration deadline – Event is 6 to 7:30 p.m., Nov. 20, Riverview Farmstead Preserve, Naperville. Tour the farmstead by lantern, just as Clow family members would have seen it on dark November nights in the 1800s. A naturalist will share stories of life back when the area was settled. Free; ages 12 or older. Register at ReconnectWithNature.org or call 815-886-1467.
• Lemont artist Dean Nikolay Thompson.– Noon to 5 p.m., Wednesday through Saturday and noon to 3 p.m. Sunday until Dec. 22, Gallery Seven, Gaylord Building, Lockport.
Thompson is a 1973 graduate of the Art Institute of Chicago where he majored in glass and ceramics. Entitled “From the Past to the Present” the exhibit features artwork regarding the Mexican Day of the Dead, (Día de Muertos), female figures suggestive of the paintings of Gustav Klimt and large powerful abstracts resembling the tumultuous skies of J.M.W. Turner. Free admission.
• National Novel Writing Month "Come Write In" session – 6 to 10 p.m., Joliet Junior College library, 1215 Houbolt Road, Joliet. Writing prompts from 6 to 7 p.m. Call 815-280-2344 or by email at email@example.com.
• Lemont Artists Guild meeting – 7 p.m., Homer Township Public Library, 14320 W 151st St, Homer Glen. Elizabeth Waddington will demonstrates Brusho crystal color pigments and art tissue. She will have examples that show the progression of this amazing collage process using watercolor effects. Visit ewaddington1.wixsite.com/lizpaints. Public welcome. Donation for local food pantry appreciated. Refreshments served. For more information, call Liz Connelly at 815-341-1145 or visit lemontartistsguild.org.
• Green Gift Wrapping – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Nov. 21, Dec. 5 and Dec. 19, Four Rivers Environmental Education Center, Channahon. Create wrapping paper, bags, bows and gift cards from leftover materials. Drop-in. Free; ages 16 or older. Registration not required. Visit ReconnectWithNature.org.
• "Murder by Indecision" – 6 p.m.; also Nov. 22, Humphrey Middle School, Bolingbrook. Visit vvsd.org.
• “Exposed! Eight 10-Minute Plays about What Really Happened” – 6:30 p.m.; also Nov. 22 and Nov. 23, Lukancic Middle School, Romeoville. Visit vvsd.org.
• "Family Fall Hike,” registration deadline – Event is 1 to 2:30 p.m., Nov. 23, Rock Run Preserve – Black Road Access, Joliet. Naturalist-led 1 to 2-mile hike along the trail pausing at stopping points for different activities. Meet at Black Road Access shelter. Free; all ages. Register at ReconnectWithNature.org or call 815-722-9470.
• "Philanthropy and Fleece” registration deadline – Event is10 a.m. to noon, Nov. 23, Four Rivers Environmental Education Center, Channahon. Help turn fleece scraps into warm blankets for those in need. Everyone may have a different job: sorting, cutting, pinning, sewing or tying. No experience needed. Some finger dexterity may be required. Free; ages 16 or older. Register at ReconnectWithNature.org or call 815-722-9470.
• "Senses Badge: Brownie Scout Badge registration deadline – Event is 9 a.m., 11 a.m. and 1:30 p.m., Nov. 23, at Isle a la Cache Museum, Romeoville. Sensory activities. Fulfills the requirements for the Girl Scouts Brownies Senses Badge. Ages 7 to 8; groups only. Group rates apply: $25 non-profits/$50 for-profits. Register at 815-886-1467.
• “Morning Movies,” 9-11 a.m. Friday, Nov. 22, Four Rivers Environmental Education Center, Channahon. “Green Fire – Aldo Leopold and a Land Ethic for our Time.” Explores Leopold’s work shaping the modern conservation movement. Discussion follows. Free. All ages. Visit ReconnectWithNature.org.
• #Hashtag Romeo – 7 p.m.; also 3 p.m., Nov. 23, Jane Addams Middle School, Bolingbrook. $5. Visit vvsd.org.
• A Bizarre Bazaar of the Holidays – 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Plainfield Congregational Church United Church of Christ, 24020 W. Fraser Road, Plainfield. Lunch, homemade soups, bakery (cookies, pies, candy, breads, muffins). Raffle baskets. One vendor has many yards of quilting fabrics and patterns. Other interested vendors may call Pat Herman 815-351-1515 or Sally Noble 815-953-8164.
• St. Joseph Senior Christmas Bazaar –10 a.m. to 3 p.m., St. Joseph Park, 700 Theodore St., Joliet. $25 per table. Public and strollers welcome at event. Food, potica and bakery available for purchase. Free admission. For information and to reserve a table, call Barbara Guardia at 815-690-7038.