• Holiday Food Basket for December Holiday – The Will County Center for Community Concerns will be providing Holiday Food Baskets for 125 income eligible families with children 16 years of age and under and who are not receiving a food basket from another agency. Basket includes food for a holiday meal and a new coat, hat and mittens for each child in the household. Sign-up begins Oct.1. Call 815- 722-0722.
• Thanksgiving Food Drive – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and 9 a.m. to noon Saturdays. Molloy Agency, 816 West Laraway Road, New Lenox.
• Veterans Appreciation Luncheon – 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., New Hope Presbyterian Church, 80 N. Garfield St., Coal City. RSVP at the Coal City Public Library (across the street) or at cpld.org. For information, contact Dana Abraham at 815-634-4552 ext. 113 or email@example.com.
• Nutrition Lunch – 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.; also Nov. 25, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. Nutrition lunch program provided by Meals on Wheels Nutrition Department of Will County. Available every Monday. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Pop-Tarts Taste Test Challenge – 7 to 7 p.m., Plainfield Public Library District, 15025 S. Illinois St. Plainfield. Grades six to 12. Call 815-436-6639 or visit plainfieldpubliclibrary.org.
• Health Watchers Nutrition Group – 4 to 5:15 p.m., The Cancer Support Center, 19657 S. LaGrange Road, Mokena. Probiotics, immune-boosting foods and simple ways to meal plan. Sampling of a new one-pot meal each program. Presented by Chris Rosandich, nutrition educator and Beth Bogan. To register and for information, call 708-478-3529 or visit www.CancerSupportCenter.org.
• A Plant-Based Diet: What Is It & Why You Should Try It – 7 to 8:15 p.m., Frankfort Public Library District, 21119 S Pfeiffer Road, Frankfort. Presenter: Integrative nutritionist, Nicole Green. 30-minute discussion, Q&A, samples. Call 815-534-6173 or visit frankfortlibrary.org.
• Benefit for Hopeful Tails Animal Rescue – 10:30 a.m. to 8 p.m., Jerrie's Dogs & More, 1003 Essington Road, Joliet. Mention the fundraiser. Hopeful Tails receives 20%.. Menu at jerriesdogsandmore.com/menu-2. Visit hopefultailsanimalrescue.org.
• Craft Beer Tasting at the Museum – 5:30 to 9 p.m., Joliet Area Historical Museum, 204 N. Ottawa St., Joliet. Sample over 50 handcrafted premium beers and ciders from 16 brewers
Local collector and historian John Bittermann will be on hand. Music provided by John Ivan. Purchase tickets at.jolietmuseum.org or 815-723-5201.
• Fish Fry – 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.; also 4 to 8 p.m. Saturdays, Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 E. Cass St., Joliet. Fish, chicken and shrimp. Carryout. Call 815-723-3827.
• Fish Fry – 4 to 7:30 p.m., Cantigny VFW Post 367, 826 Horseshoe Drive, Joliet. Call 815-722-5398.
• Fish Fry – 4 to 7:30 p.m., Croatian Cultural Club, 1503 Clement St., Joliet. Baked or fried cod, shrimp, catfish or chicken breast served with tossed salad, French fries or parsley potatoes along with bread and butter. Carryout available. Music starts 7:30 p.m. Call 815-723-3154.
• Fish Fry – 5 p.m., Harry E. Anderson VFW Post 9545, 323 Old Hickory Road, New Lenox. Call 815-485-8369 or visit vfwpost9545.org.
• Harvest Saturday Food Drive –Place food donation in plastic bags outside your front door by 11:10 a.m. Pick-up is from 11:15 a.m. to 3 p.m.Or drop off at St. Andrew the Apostle, Kingston and Arlington, Romeoville. For a list of accepted items, visit andrewcc.org/harvest-saturday. For information, call 815-886-4165, ext. 301 from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. On Harvest Saturday only, call Sherry or Karen from 11:30 a.m.- 3:p.m. at 815-886-4165, ext 425.
• Breakfast with Santa registration deadline – Event is 9 to 10:30 a.m., Dec. 7, Aurelio’s Restaurant, 9901 W. Lincoln Hwy., Frankfort. Registration includes entertainment, gifts, and a breakfast buffet that includes breakfast calzones, French toast sticks, scrambled eggs, sausage and fruit. Children under one are admitted free (does not include breakfast or gift). All children must be accompanied by an adult. All attendees must be pre-registered through Mokena Park District. Registration is not accepted at the restaurant. No refunds. Call 708-390-2401 or visit mokenapark.com.
• Pancake Breakfast - 8 to 11 a.m., Church of St. Anthony fellowship hall, 100 Scott St., Joliet. $8 (adults) and $4 (ages 8 and under). Bake sale, raffles. Call Karen at 815-347-2309 or Linda at 815-722-1057 or email at either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.