• AARP Holiday Brunch – 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Dec. 3, Prairie Bluff Golf Club, Lockport Matt and Cynthia Gruel in their holiday cabaret, "Under the Mistletoe!" Brunch and business meeting. $15. Register at 815-838-1183.
• Gingerbread House Making registration deadline – Event is 6:30 p.m.,
Dec. 6, First United Methodist Church, 1000 S. Washington, Lockport. $3. Includes meringue, decorations and pizza. Bring one box of frosted Pop Tarts for each house you build. RSVP by Dec. 3 with the number of houses you plan to build and how many people are coming by calling 815-838-1017.
• Holiday Luncheon & Organ Concert – 11 a.m., Dec. 3, Rialto Square Theatre, 102 N. Chicago St., Joliet. Lunch in rotunda, school choirs, Joliet Area Theatre Organ Enthusiast Society will play holiday carols on the famous Barton Grand Theatre Pipe Organ. Tickets at rialtosquare.com or 800-745-3000.
• Nutrition Lunch – 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.; also Dec. 2, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. Nutrition lunch program provided by Meals on Wheels Nutrition Department of Will County. Available every Monday. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Cocoa Mix – 4:15 to 5:15 p.m., Fountaindale Public Library District, 300 W. Briarcliff Road, Bolingbrook. Make instant hot chocolate in a jar to enjoy or give as a gift. Grades four to six. Call 630-759-2102 or visit fountaindale.org.
• Frozen Tea Party – 11 a.m. to noon, White Oak Library District, 121 E. 8th St., Lockport.
Frozen tea, crafts, games. Contact Jane Gardner at 815-552-4265 or firstname.lastname@example.org or register online at whiteoaklibrary.org.
• Teen Tasters: Chips – 11 a.m. to noon, White Oak Library District, 201 Normantown Road, Romeoville. Try different varieties of chips and pick your favorite. Grades seven to 12.Contact Cindy Shutts at 815-886-2020 or email@example.com or register online at whiteoaklibrary.org.
• Fish Fry – 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.; also 4 to 8 p.m. Saturdays, Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 E. Cass St., Joliet. Fish, chicken and shrimp. Carryout. Call 815-723-3827.
• Fish Fry – 4 to 7:30 p.m., Cantigny VFW Post 367, 826 Horseshoe Drive, Joliet. Call 815-722-5398.
• Fish Fry – 5 p.m., Harry E. Anderson VFW Post 9545, 323 Old Hickory Road, New Lenox. Call 815-485-8369 or visit vfwpost9545.org.
• Gingerbread Decorating Contest – Through Dec. 27, Three Rivers Public Library District, 109 Wabena Ave., Minooka. Kids age 3 through 17 can show off their creations. Families provide supplies. Call 815-467-1600 or visit trpld.org.
• Northern Illinois Food Bank Mobile Pantry – 4 to 6 p.m., New Hope Baptist Church, 509 E. Briarcliff Road, Bolingbrook. Visit tsolvehungertoday.org.
• Teen Books & Bites – 6 to 7 p.m., White Oak Library District, 121 E. 8th St., Lockport.
Grab a cupcake and talk to other readers about favorite books. Grades six to 12. Contact Maisie Iven at 815-552-4260 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit whiteoaklibrary.org.
• “Martinis, Mistletoe & More” – Jacob Henry Mansion Estate, Victorian Ballroom, Joliet.
$25. Includes hors d’oeuvres, samples of signature holiday drinks, live holiday entertainment. Cash bar, raffles, cocktail competition. Visit jolietchamber.com or call 815-727-5371.