• Holiday Toy Drive – Through Dec. 16. Drop toys off from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday and until noon on Saturday, Kevin Molloy State Farm, 816 W. Laraway Road, New Lenox. Checks and cash also accepted and will be used to purchase new clothes and toys.
• Toy Event 2019 – Nov. 8 through Dec. 13. Drop off gently used toys (including plush toys), books games and DVD videos to Grundy County Administration Building – 1320 Union, Morris, Coal City Public Library – 85 N. Garfield, Coal City, Morris Public Library – 604 Liberty, Morris, Minooka Three Rivers Library – 109 N. Wabena, Minooka, Channahon Three Rivers Library – 25207 W. Channahon Drive, Channahon, Fossil Ridge Library – 386 W. Kennedy Road, Braidwood. Call 815-941-3228.
• Santa's Mailbox at Arrowhead Community Center – through Dec. 10 in Channahon. Include self-addressed stamped envelope with child's letter to Santa. Visit channahonpark.org/special-events.
• Woodworking Club – 9 to noon and 1 to 3 p.m., Thursdays, and Dec. 16, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Line Dancing: Advanced – 10 to 11:30 a.m.; also Fridays, and Dec. 16, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N Center St., Joliet. No partner required. For beginner classes and more information, Visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Wendy’s Cruisers – 5 to 9 p..m; also Dec. 16, Wendy’s, Morris. Weather permitting. Antique vehicles, live music, Contact Ken at 815-942-2032 or email@example.com.
• Celtic Yuletide – 7:30 p.m., Rialto Square Theatre, 102 N. Chicago St., Joliet. Emmy nominee, Michael Londra, the Irish singer best known as the voice of Riverdance on Broadway and for his own U.S. TV special, "Beyond Celtic", presents “Christmas from Ireland” told in song, dance and the festive stories of his youth. Tickets at rialtosquare.comor 800-745-3000.
• Golden Agers – Noon to 4 p.m., Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. Play cards and dice. Visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Midwest Crossroad Chorus of Sweet Adelines International – 7 p.m., Trinity Christian School, 901 Shorewood Drive, Shorewood. Call 866-588-7464 or visit
• Lemont artist Dean Nikolay Thompson.– Noon to 5 p.m., Wednesday through Saturday and noon to 3 p.m. Sunday until Dec. 22, Gallery Seven, Gaylord Building, Lockport.
Thompson is a 1973 graduate of the Art Institute of Chicago where he majored in glass and ceramics.Entitled “From the Past to the Present” the exhibit features artwork regarding the Mexican Day of the Dead, (Día de Muertos), female figures suggestive of the paintings of Gustav Klimt and large powerful abstracts resembling the tumultuous skies of J.M.W. Turner. Free admission.
• Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: A Musical – 7 p.m.; also Nov. 15, Rialto Square Theatre, 102 N. Chicago St., Joliet. Tickets at rialtosquare.comor 800-745-3000.
• “Night Owl: Cadette Badge" registration deadline – Event is 4 to 5:30 p.m., Dec. 14, Isle a la Cache Museum, Romeoville. Spend some time with an experienced naturalist on a night adventure. Fulfills the requirements for the Cadette Girl Scouts Night Owl Badge. Ages 11 to 14; groups only. Group rates apply: $25 not-for-profits/$50 for-profits. Register at 815-886-1467.
• "Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa Claus – 7:30 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays; 2 p.m. Sundays, Dec. 13 to Dec. 15, Morris Theatre Guild, 516 W. Illinois Ave., Morris. For tickets, visit morristheatreguild.org or by calling 815-942-1966.
• Journey to the North Pole – 5 to 8 p.m., also Dec. 14, Four Season’s Park, 22500 Lockport St., Plainfield. Wagon ride to the North Pole travels past several holiday scenes and includes a holiday light show on the way to meet Santa. The journey includes hot chocolate, cookies, and popcorn along the way. Trips departs every 20 minutes. $9 residents and $12 non-residents. Ages 2 and up with responsible adult. Ages 1 and under free with paid adult. Registration deadline is noon Dec. 13. Dress for weather. For more information and full departure schedule, visit plfdparks.org.
• Jingle and Jazz – 7:30 to 9 p.m., Joliet Junior College Fine Arts Theatre, 1215 Houbolt Road, Joliet. Featuring JJC chamber singers and JJC chorale, conducted by Professor Philip Spencer, and the JJC jazz combo, directed by Professor David Nuccio. The program will include vocal and instrumental jazz and carols from around the world for the holiday season, featuring Benjamin Britten's "A Ceremony of Carols" with harp. All who attend will receive a free holiday jingle bell decoration.Tickets available at the door are $5 for adults, $4 for students and seniors and $2 for JJC students. Call 815-280-2223.
• Snowfall Serenade – 7 to 9 p.m., Joliet Central High School, main entrance on Collins St., Joliet. Doors open 6:30 p.m..Soloists and small vocal ensembles. Free admission. Pastries and hot chocolate.
• Apple Butter & Shugie's Annual Party with Elfie – 9 am. to 5 p.m.; also 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Dec. 15, 309 N. Liberty St., Morris. Stop by and get your magic bag and certified invitation from Santa anytime at Apple Butter and Shugie's. Refreshments, gifts and photo ops. Wear your Christmas finery.
• Santa Is Coming! – 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Sunshine Garden Center, 2850 Division St.,
Diamond. Pictured with Santa. Walk-in event. Hosted by Tarra Ann Photography. Visit Tarra Ann Photography on Facebook.
• 16th Annual Timbers Christmas Party: "Santa and the Timbers’ Elves" – 1 to 4 p.m., Timbers of Shorewood, 100 N. River Road, Shorewood. One free picture with Santa, caricature artist, face painting, Grinch shooting range, children's games, arts and crafts, holiday treats. Draft horses for hayrides from 2:30 to 4 p.m. Beverages, popcorn, cookies served, and children’s games. Free and open to the public. Call 815-609-0669 or visit timbersofshorewood.com.
• West Towns Chorus Presents Annual Christmas Show – 2 and 7 p.m., Living Water Community Church, 190 Lily Cache Lane, in Bolingbrook. Guest appearances by 40 members of the Midwest Crossroad Women’s Barbershop Chorus, directed by Tori Hicks of Joliet, $25 in advance and $28 at the door, $17 for students with ID and $15 for age 12 and under. Visit westtowns.org/shows_events or call 630-201-5544.
• A Village Christmas – 4:30 to 7:30 p.m., Village of Minooka, community room, 121 E. McEvilly Road, Minooka. Pictures with Santa, crafts, cookie decorating, DJ, children's games. Free.
• “It’s a Wonderful Life” – 7 p.m., Rialto Square Theatre, 102 N. Chicago St., Joliet. Performed on the Rialto stage in the fashion of old-time radio show. Will be broadcast live on 1340 WJOL-AM. $10. Buy tickets by calling 815-726-6600 or rialtosquare.com.
• Soothing/calming Santa – Louis Joliet Mall, Joliet
• St. Mary Nativity Christmas Craft & Vendor Show – 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., 702 N. Broadway, Joliet. Over 30 vendors and crafters, bakery, raffles. Pancake breakfast with Santa served in cafeteria. Free admission.
• Toys for Tots event – 3 to 8 p.m., River Hawk Brewing, 24735 W Eames St.,
Channahon. Along with Santa, the Marines will be present for toy collection. Also food by the Happy Belly Chefs and cookie decorating with Lisa of NBBA, maker of amazing cheesecakes. Bring some new unwrapped toys and get special pricing on drinks for donating. Call 815-255-2202.