• Podiatry Care – 8 a.m. to noon, also Dec. 23, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N Center St., Joliet. Foot and nail assessment services. Appointment needed. Must bring Medicare Card. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Low Intensity Functional Training (LIFT) class – 9 to 9:30 a.m., every Tuesday and Thursday, The Radiation Therapy Center of Morris Hospital, 1600 W. U.S. Route 6, Morris. Taught by Morris Hospital wellness staff. For people undergoing – or who have completed – cancer treatment. To register, call 815-705-7370.
• Tai Chi Beginners Class – 10 to 11 a.m.; also Dec. 23, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N Center St., Joliet. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Yoga – 10:30 to 11:30 a.m., The Cancer Support Center, 19657 S. LaGrange Road, Mokena. For information, call 708-478-3529 or visit CancerSupportCenter.org.
• Family Caregiver Support Group – 11 a.m.; also Dec. 23, Easter Seals, Joliet Region, 212 Barney Drive, Joliet. Contact Kathy Miller at 815-931-9693 or email@example.com.
• Tai Chi Advanced Class – 1 to 2 p.m.; also Dec. 23, 1090 S Cedar Road, New Lenox. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Art Therapy – 2 to 3:45 p.m., The Cancer Support Center, 19657 S. LaGrange Road, Mokena. Facilitated by Kathleen Daly, registered art therapist. No art experience necessary. Call 708-478-3529 or visit CancerSupportCenter.org.
• Joliet TOPS – Weigh-in is from 4:15 to 4:45 p.m.. Meeting is 5 to 6 p.m.; also Dec. 23, First Presbyterian Church, 805 Western Ave., Joliet. Call Linda at 630-877-7943.
• Cancer Support Group – 7 to 8:30 p.m. also Dec. 23, Community Christian Church, 24035 Riverwalk Court, Plainfield. For more information, call Pam Kurzawa at 779-227-0002.
• Together We Stand – 7 to 8:30 p.m.; also Dec. 23, Healing from domestic abuse. For more information, email Joyce Frankel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Wellness Wednesday – Morris Hospital offers affordable health and wellness screenings. For details and locations, visit morrishospital.org/resources/wellness-wednesdays.
• Cradle Talk – 10 to 11 a.m., Our Saviour’s Lutheran Church, 815 South Washington St., Naperville. Weekly support group for new parents and their babies, ages 0-6 months. Led by an Edward Hospital mother/baby nurse. Bring newborn with you. For information, call 630-527-3957 or visitwww.eehealth.org/services/pregnancy-baby/resources/cradle-talk.
• Free Prenatal Exercise Class on Mondays and Wednesdays from 5:30 to 6:20 p.m. and Fridays from 9 to 9:50 a.m. at the Morris Community YMCA, 320 Wauponsee St., Morris. Register at morrishospital.org/events. For more information, call 815-942-3012.
• Obesity and Your Health: Is Weight Loss Surgery Right for You? – 5:45 p.m. BMI Surgery, Silver Cross Hospital Pavilion A, Suite 260, 1890 Silver Cross Blvd., New Lenox. Drs. Christopher Joyce and Brian Lahmann, gastric bypass surgeons, will offer a free informational session. Register at 888-660-4325 orsilvercross.org.
• Substance Use Disorder Education – 6 p.m., Stepping Stones, 1621 Theodore St., Joliet. Topics include effects of drugs, overdose prevention, disease versus choice, Alanon and co-dependency, effect on families and needs of family members. Reservations not needed. For information, call 815-744-4555, ext. 111.
• SMART Recovery – 7 p.m., 1620 Plainfield Road, Joliet. Free addiction self-help group. Every Wednesday. Contact Angeline DiPasquale at email@example.com or 815-409-0463.
• Weight Control Group – 8 to 9:30 a.m. Senior Services of Will County, 251 N Center St., Joliet. Low impact toning and stretching class. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis) – 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Will County Community Health Center Care Clinic. Offers a Truvada pill, to be taken once a day to prevent transmission of HIV virus. Designed for those without insurance. No one will be turned away. To make an appointment, call 815-727-8830. For information on Truvada, visit www.drugs.com/pro/truvada.html.
• Shorewood TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) – Weigh-in is 9 to 9:35 a.m.. Meeting starts at 9:45 a.m., Troy Twp Community Center at 25448 Seil Road in Shorewood. For more information, call Ruth at 815-258-0858.
• Tibetan Sound Bath – 10:30 to 11:30 a.m., The Cancer Support Center, 19657 S. LaGrange Road, Mokena. Vibrational sound with singing bowls work with the energy field that extends from physical bodies and relaxes brain waves. Bring a pillow and blanket. Presented by Jayne Hayes, reiki master. No perfume, please. Call 708-478-3529 or visit CancerSupportCenter.org.
• Free Harmonica Group – 11 to 11:30 a.m., Diagnostic & Rehabilitative Center, Morris Hospital, 100 W. Gore Road, Morris. For individuals with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, asthma, emphysema, bronchitis and pulmonary fibrosis. For information, call 815-705-7837.
• Men's Discussion Group – 12:30 to 1:30 p.m., The Cancer Support Center, 19657 S. LaGrange Road, Mokena. For information, call 708-478-3529 or visit CancerSupportCenter.org.
• Caregiver Support Group – 6:30 p.m., Timbers of Shorewood, 1100 N. River Road, Shorewood. Free to the public. For information, call 815-609-0669 or visit www.timbersofshorewood.com.
• Nurturing Mom – 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Offered by Edward Hospital, Naperville. Weekly group for new or expectant moms who are experiencing emotional lows. Led by a licensed clinical psychologist and a therapist with extensive backgrounds in postpartum depression. For information, call 630-527-6363.
• People with Arthritis (P.A.C.E.) – 2 to 4 p.m., Senior Services of Will County, 251 N Center St., Joliet. Low impact toning and stretching class. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Blood Drive – 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Knights of Columbus St. Francis Xavier Church, 2500 Arbeiter Road, Plainfield. To schedule an appointment, call 1-800-7TO-GIVE (1-800-786-4483) or visit versiti.org/Illinois.
• Teen clinic – 3 to 6 p.m., Will County Community Health Center, 1106 Neal Ave., Joliet. Birth control, health education, and testing pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases and HIV. Ages 12 to 21. Walk-ins welcome. For information, call or text 815-685-2178.
• T.O.P.S. (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) – 5:15 to 6:45 p.m., Romeoville Police Department, 900 Romeo Road, Romeoville. For more information, call Sandie at 815-886-9252.
• “Stress-free Hike for Women” registration deadline – Event is 8 to 9:30 a.m., Dec. 27, Four Rivers Environmental Education Center, Channahon. Get outside for a quick women-only fitness walk during the holidays. Hike up to two miles. Enjoy some snacks and a hot beverage after the hike. Free; ladies ages 18 or older. Register at ReconnectWithNature.org or call 815-722-9470.