Joliet Central High School received the 2019 Honorable Mention Award from the WeWill WorkHealthy Initiative of the MAPP Collaborative.
The award program recognizes Will County workplaces that are committed to improving employee health and well-being through six main areas of worksite wellness: health promotion/education, physical activity, mental health, environmental health, nutrition and safety.
Joliet Central High School received this award in recognition for the following health initiatives:
• Healthy breakfast and lunch options for students and staff
• Steelmen Tri-Fecta, a run/walk event for students, parents, teachers and community members
• Wellness workshops for teachers and staff, including relaxation, yoga and meditation
• Employee Assistance Program offered to employees throughout the district
• Comprehensive health education
• Physical education course options for sophomore, junior and senior students
• Steelmen open, an intramural soccer and basketball tournament for students
• Dodgeball tournament
• Employee Health Savings Account available through the district
• The district offers employees discounted fitness memberships, through health insurance plans, at participating gym and fitness facilities.