Several Joliet area stores now have special hours for seniors and other shoppers who are at higher risk for COVID-19 who must leave their home to buy groceries.
In addition, a number of stores have adjusted their hours to allow for thorough cleaning and disinfection. Check their websites and social media pages for updated information.
This is not a complete list. Check with your favorite stores to see if they have added special hours for seniors, people with certain health conditions and other vulnerable populations.
• Dollar General: first hour of operations each day. For more information, visit dollargeneral.com.
• Jewel-Osco: 7 to 9 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. For more information, visit jewelosco.com.
• Mariano’s: 6 to 8 a.m. daily until further notice. For more information, visit marianos.com.
• Target: First hour of shopping each Wednesday. For more information, visit target.com.
• Tony’s Fresh Market: 7 to 9 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, starting March 24.For more information, visit tonysfreshmarket.com.
• Walmart: One hour before the store begins every Tuesday, March 24 through April 28. For seniors age 60 and up. Pharmacies and vision centers will also be open at this time. For more information, visit walmart.com.