Eleven Plainfield East and Plainfield South high school students put their accounting skills to the test during a high school accounting competition on March 4, sponsored by the Joliet Junior College business department.
The competition welcomed 115 high school students who were given a Level 1 or Level 2 exam to evaluate their accounting knowledge.
Plainfield East High School won first place for the highest test average for the Level 2 Accounting Test.
All students received a certificate of achievement recognizing their achievements and participation in competition.
These students participated in the competition:
Plainfield East High School
• James Memishi, senior, – Level 2 exam, second place award
• Amna Naviwala, senior, – Level 1 exam
• Deandria “Jasmyn” McClain, junior, – Level 1 exam
Plainfield South High School
• Arthur Anthony Jr., senior, – Level 1 exam, honorable mention
• Donald Clark III, senior, – Level 1 exam, honorable mention
• Joshua McDonald, senior, – Level 1 exam, honorable mention
• Jakub Mardula, senior, – Level 1 exam
• Braden Shelton, senior, – Level 1 exam
• Weronika Michniewicz, senior, – Level 1 exam
• Aidan Biga, senior, – Level 1 exam
• Cierra Sanchez, senior, – Level 1 exam
Students met representatives from DePaul University, Northern Illinois University, University of St. Francis and Lewis University who shared their accounting school highlights.
Students also learned about the Illinois Certified Public Accountant Society and Joliet Junior College’s accounting program.