This past spring, District 202 students earned eight of the nine top prizes in the Plainfield Public Library’s annual Short Story Contest.
The Short Story Contest is open to fourth through sixth grade students. Students wrote an original story in 500 to 650 words.
There were 62 entries from District 202 and other area schools.
Author Celia C. Perez judged this year’s contest on creativity on writing skills.
The winning District 202 students, and their stories, are:
• First place: "A Rather Odd Day" by Chloe Madden – Liberty Elementary School
• Second place: "Alicia the Great" by Skylyn Worden – Walker’s Grove Elementary School
• Third place: "Locked In" by Elena McClowry – Creekside Elementary School
• First place: "The Void" by Olivia Edens – Freedom Elementary School
• Second place: "Detective Files" by Riley Bliss – Eagle Pointe Elementary School
• First place: "When in Rome" by Aleena Yousuf – John F. Kennedy Middle School
• Second place: "The Akhenaten Descendant" by Christopher Jefferson – Ira Jones Middle School
• Third place: "Beyond My Home" by Alexandra Tsikouris – Heritage Grove Middle School