At 9:37 a.m. Friday, the Plainfield Fire Protection District responded to a fire alarm at the McDonald’s located at Route 59 and Renwick Road, 15810 S. Route 59.
Upon arrival smoke was seen coming from the roof area. A fire began in the fryer and extended into the kitchen hood system ductwork.
The kitchen hood fire suppression system activated to help contain the fire and firefighters extinguished what remained of the fire by 9:49 a.m.
The restaurant closed for cleaning and the Will County Health Department was called to inspect the restaurant. The restaurant reopened Friday afternoon.
There were no injuries. Assistance was provided by the Troy Fire Protection District.