Digital Access

Digital Access
Access theherald-news.com and all Shaw Media Illinois content from all your digital devices and receive breaking news and updates from around the area.

Home Delivery

Home Delivery
Local news, sports, business, classified and more! News you can use every day.

Text Alerts

Text Alerts
Choose your news! Select the text alerts you want to receive: breaking news, weather, and more.

Email Newsletters

Email Newsletters
Have our latest news, sports and obituaries emailed directly to you Monday through Friday so you can keep up with what's happening in the area.
Letters

Letter: An opportunity for change

To the Editor:

I would like to respond to Philip Hopkins' recent letter to the editor about how democracy and change is needed in our society.

Mr. Hopkins, I agree with you there, but then you start directing comments toward Planned Parenthood. First off, abortion is a legal, private decision between a woman and her doctor. Would you want a stranger to deny your bodily agency and make your health care decisions?

Talk about oppression! Did you know that less than 10% of the money donated to Planned Parenthood goes to abortion procedures? The other 90% covers free preventive healthcare, such as pap smears and cervical cancer screening.

I am the proud mother of a beautiful teenager girl. I am glad I had that choice, and I want her future reproductive rights protected as well.

Teresa Chiletz

Joliet

Loading more